SiouxSports.com Forum

Next year's roster

Chuck Schwartz

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad basically said the same thing on his last post in the comments...

Not good enough, I want it now... :)

Also this is where I tip my cap to Hak since he has proven such an outstanding judge of talent. Between Frattin and Gregoire, I would have gone with Gregoire by a landslide, but Hak is far smarter than I so I must say he knows something...

Also this is where I tip my cap to Hak since he has proven such an outstanding judge of talent. Between Frattin and Gregoire, I would have gone with Gregoire by a landslide, but Hak is far smarter than I so I must say he knows something...

Six months from now someone will be saying the exact opposite on this board and demanding Hak be fired for being such a poor judge of talent when Frattin has like 10 points for UND while Gregoire has like 160 points in the USHL. You know it's true. :)

Six months from now someone will be saying the exact opposite on this board and demanding Hak be fired for being such a poor judge of talent when Frattin has like 10 points for UND while Gregoire has like 160 points in the USHL. You know it's true. :)

Oshie should have played a year in the USHL. :):p

Everything is getting clearer, I think the one question still out there is Hamilton.

Goal (3):

Philippe Lamoureux

Aaron Walski

Anthony Grieco

Defense (7):

Robbie Bina

Taylor Chorney

Joe Finley

Zach Jones

Chay Genoway

Derrick LaPoint

Jake Marto

Forward (14):

Rylan Kaip

Kyle Radke

TJ Oshie

Ryan Duncan

Andrew Kozek

Ryan Martens

Brad Miller

Matt Watkins

Chris VandeVelde

Darcy Zajac

Michael Forney

Brad Malone

Evan Trupp

Matt Frattin

Everything is getting clearer, I think the one question still out there is Hamilton.

Goal (3):

Philippe Lamoureux

Aaron Walski

Anthony Grieco

Defense (7):

Robbie Bina

Taylor Chorney

Joe Finley

Zach Jones

Chay Genoway

Derrick LaPoint

Jake Marto

Forward (14):

Rylan Kaip

Kyle Radke

TJ Oshie

Ryan Duncan

Andrew Kozek

Ryan Martens

Brad Miller

Matt Watkins

Chris VandeVelde

Darcy Zajac

Michael Forney

Brad Malone

Evan Trupp

Matt Frattin

Yeah! Now we can stop the "Genoway should play forward" postings.

Anyone know what Forney's status is? I heard that his shoulder was still a problem and may not be ready to play.

thats would be BAD.............he may be damaged if so....hes the wildcard here, if hes not 100% and cant contribute and cant play than we are looking at martens as the only forward sitting everynight if he is the one which he may not be, just using him as example........wit forney healthy we have 2 extra forwards......if hes not healthy i see maybe another forward coming in late here...

just a thought here......lets say forney is not recovered so then you have martens as the odd man out for this example at forward. so im saying radke is on the 4th line at forward then, would rakde be better off going back to D and have genoway play forward?? just thinking as maybe having genoway as forward being more productive than radke at forward as radke has the D experience for sure to play there. just a thought, i like genoway at D but just thinking what the best scenerio would be both ways at forward and D

It's just too much fun not to try to pick lines... (Siouxnami - Siouxzy joint picks)

D1: Taylor Chorney - Robbie Bina

D2: Joe Finley - Derrick LaPoint

D3: Zach Jones - Chay Genoway

F1: Chris VandeVelde - TJ Oshie - Ryan Duncan

F2: Evan Trupp - Andrew Kozek - Michael Forney (Frattin takes Forney's place if he is STILL hurt)

F3: Rylan Kaip - Kyle Radke - Brad Malone

F4: Darcy Zajac - Brad Miller - Matt Watkins

(center, forward, forward)

Ready in reserve:

Jake Marto

Matt Frattin

Ryan Martens

It's just too much fun not to try to pick lines... (Siouxnami - Siouxzy joint picks)

D1: Taylor Chorney - Robbie Bina

D2: Joe Finley - Derrick LaPoint

D3: Zach Jones - Chay Genoway

F1: Chris VandeVelde - TJ Oshie - Ryan Duncan

F2: Evan Trupp - Andrew Kozek - Michael Forney (Frattin takes Forney's place if he is STILL hurt)

F3: Rylan Kaip - Kyle Radke - Brad Malone

F4: Darcy Zajac - Brad Miller - Matt Watkins

(center, forward, forward)

Ready in reserve:

Jake Marto

Matt Frattin

Ryan Martens

nice, but they are not bringing in frattin to sit, he must have something in the bag, play him over radke, watkins or kozek if they are not performing and if he doesnt, then he will sit as well

nice, but they are not bringing in frattin to sit, he must have something in the bag, play him over radke, watkins or kozek if they are not performing and if he doesnt, then he will sit as well

I agree AZ-SIoux Frattin is going to be an everyday players someone is going to be sitting. I am thinking Miller, Radkye or Martens are going to be the odd man out. I am also thinking that Malone isn't going to be a third line forward.

I agree AZ-SIoux Frattin is going to be an everyday players someone is going to be sitting. I am thinking Miller, Radkye or Martens are going to be the odd man out. I am also thinking that Malone isn't going to be a third line forward.

well 2 have to sit as we have 14 forwards with forney healthy so martens and radke maybe sit or watkins..im guessing there will be great battles in practice every week for sure...guess we will see.....malone may be a 3rd liner as well as frattin could be

well 2 have to sit as we have 14 forwards with forney healthy so martens and radke maybe sit or watkins..im guessing there will be great battles in practice every week for sure...guess we will see.....malone may be a 3rd liner as well as frattin could be

Keep in mind that the third line is a checking line so I was looking for a physical player. Malone fits that build.

My guess is that Miller and Radke will platoon. Radke will be the odd man out.

I think Malone's freshman year will go a lot like Vandevelde's freshman year. VERY slow and awkward to start out. Great towards the end.

My guess is that Miller and Radke will platoon. Radke will be the odd man out.

I think Malone's freshman year will go a lot like Vandevelde's freshman year. VERY slow and awkward to start out. Great towards the end.

Have you seen Malone play?

i have seen video. i agree with RW77, malone will be something like VV. my opinion, he has good potential, but is going to take a while getting used to the speed and everything here.

There is no way a healthy Matt Watkins will sit. Except for the part about not being a one-man wrecking crew, he will step into Chris Porter's spot as the heart and soul of the team. Not a big scorer, but on the ice in a ton of crucial situations. I think the coaches will rely heavily on him over the next two years.

I have a hard time beleiving that some of these incoming Freshman are going to unseat the full slate of returning Juniors we have??

Like Sioux, I have seen the video.

But if you are looking to attribute this yet again to a disdainful opinion of me, be my guest, but I was one last year at this time that predicted accurately that Vandevelde would have a slow start his freshman year. I also stood up for him numerous times throughout the season (yeah, argue if you will that I stand up for nearly every Sioux player (Siembida being the sole exception)). I watched Malone and he wasn't the hardest skating forward on the ice in the video. That doesn't mean he's bad or that he will stink. I think the speed of the DI game will hinder him for a while and, when he gets enough playing time and it starts to slow down for him, he'll take off. I think Malone's impact won't much be felt until January or perhaps even February. Just my hunch.

One added note: I read here somewhere that Forney had offseason shoulder surgery. So, depending upon where he's at postop at the time playing starts, he should be ok.