SiouxSports.com Forum

Rumor on Lee

TheJake

We are BIG Lee fans, just as we are BIG fans of damned near every Sioux player, except for a handful of selfish and self-centered dicks who have come and gone over the years. Lee has done everything asked of him. He is solid, smooth, and clever. Granted, he may not be the prototypical Sioux d-man that many of us have come to know and to love, but we have never considered him anything but an asset both to his team and to his University.

Does he make mistakes on the ice? Sure. Just like we all make mistakes in whatever our chosen miserable avocations in the work world may be.

That is one of the many things that make college hockey great. It is played by kids, and kids make mistakes. Mistakes lead to odd-man rushes, spectacular goals, spectacular saves, and sometimes frenzied play. These kids are not pros, and most all of them will never be pros. Pro hockey, by comparison, is boring. Players are rarely out of position. The rarely get their skates crossed. You rarely see odd-man rushes. The players are too good, and the game is too precise.

I'll take college hockey any day, and it kids like Lee, solid both on and off the ice, that make the game as great as it is.

I really get tired of folks griping about Lee. Give the kid a break. He has obviously done much more, and has gone much farther, than any of us here,

at least in his presently chosen passion in life.

We hope he comes back, but would not criticize him if he does not. If he does not return, there will be BIG skates to fill, and we have all seen how long it takes for a young d-man in the WCHA to adjust to the greatest game on earth.

Exactly!!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there are a few, but look at the class that he is in... This is my point. Also bear in mind that the 80s were alot higher scoring. Lee is an elite offensive d-man.

I agree. Leave the kid alone. Like any player, he's made mistakes. Look at A-Rod who rips up the regular season and tanks in the post-season. He's still pretty young so he's got two more years, if he stays, to "live up to expectations." Like PCM indicated, a lot of d-men really have come on strong during their last 2 years. I don't seem to remember much being said about Curtis Murphy or BRad Williamson before their junior years. I don't know the kid from Adam but his absence from underage reports, etc. seems to indicate that he's a pretty decent fellow. The best thing he could do is to stayand rip it up next year and force all of the critics to eat crow. I don't understand why he's criticized so much more vociferously than any other player.

I know there are a few, but look at the class that he is in... This is my point. Also bear in mind that the 80s were alot higher scoring. Lee is an elite offensive d-man.

yeah, thats what i was thinking when looking, the points are great but they are not everything....if he sticks around to develop our blueline will only be that mch better really, add lapoint and move genoway to forward and we are MONEYYYYYYYYYYY

yeah, thats what i was thinking when looking, the points are great but they are not everything....

If Lee wasn't putting up many points, some would complain about that because he was billed as an offensive-defenseman. Therefore, I think it's fair to compare his points to those of other Sioux offensive-defenseman of the recent past. Undeniably, he's doing very well in that comparison.

If you want to compare his development as a defensive player, then consider that players such as Commodore, Greene, Jones and Smaby really began to shine defensively as juniors. It's not unrealistic to expect that Lee will show similar improvement. Nor is it unrealistic to expect that his offensive production will continue to trend upward as well.

I don't want to know!!!!! :lol:

Didn't Dirty use to have that on his Signature line. I think its funny that Schnider only had 22 points his last two years and 41 his first two.

Seems odd. I also remember during those two years that the defense was rock solid.

We are BIG Lee fans, just as we are BIG fans of damned near every Sioux player, except for a handful of selfish and self-centered dicks who have come and gone over the years. Lee has done everything asked of him. He is solid, smooth, and clever. Granted, he may not be the prototypical Sioux d-man that many of us have come to know and to love, but we have never considered him anything but an asset both to his team and to his University.

Does he make mistakes on the ice? Sure. Just like we all make mistakes in whatever our chosen miserable avocations in the work world may be.

That is one of the many things that make college hockey great. It is played by kids, and kids make mistakes. Mistakes lead to odd-man rushes, spectacular goals, spectacular saves, and sometimes frenzied play. These kids are not pros, and most all of them will never be pros. Pro hockey, by comparison, is boring. Players are rarely out of position. The rarely get their skates crossed. You rarely see odd-man rushes. The players are too good, and the game is too precise.

I'll take college hockey any day, and it kids like Lee, solid both on and off the ice, that make the game as great as it is.

I really get tired of folks griping about Lee. Give the kid a break. He has obviously done much more, and has gone much farther, than any of us here,

at least in his presently chosen passion in life.

We hope he comes back, but would not criticize him if he does not. If he does not return, there will be BIG skates to fill, and we have all seen how long it takes for a young d-man in the WCHA to adjust to the greatest game on earth.

Bingo!