SiouxSports.com Forum

let's cut Siouxrock some slack

YaneA

People, people! It's now time for you guys to cut Siouxrock some slack. If this is your idea of hazing a newbie, I don't like it very much. Assuming that Siouxrock is who he says he is, that means he's a high school hockey player from Red River, who's grown up watching the Sioux and hopes one day to play for them. Where's the bad? Maybe he doesn't live up to your standards for anal-retentive netiquette. So what? Every time someone criticizes another poster for a web faux pas like using the capslock button, I immediately lose respect for the critic. The internet and the message boards are meant for all of us. I don't remember a post from Siouxrock that I thought was profane or abusive. He's just a kid, for pity's sake; kids are going to ignore the dictates of adults, especially when the decrees are about something as trivial as spelling and punctuation. True, a poster who doesn't bother to proofread his posts or who intentional flouts the rules of spelling and grammar will have less credibility--the lack of credibility is punishment enough, we don't have to jump on the guy with both feet. This isn't the kind of behavior I've come to expect from the posters who frequent this board. Sioux fans do not eat their young. Leave that to the lower orders of fandom.

By the way, I don't have a clue to the answers from Sic's pop quiz. One of the reasons I come to this board is to be enlightened about the game by people who know more than I do. Am I going to be attacked next because I don't know the difference between a neutral zone trap and third base?

YaneA:

If it was real, it wouldn't bother me as much. 'Siouxrock' posts in both a near gibberish form and then can come out with near perfect grammar, spelling, and punctuation at other times. Obviously one is an act. 'schmidtdog' says that he believe the act reflects poorly on GFRRHS (his alma mater). I believe the act reflects poorly on all of us because of the 'Siouxrock' posting name. That's what bothers me.

About the question: 'Siouxrock' posted, then deleted, a statement that they "knew more about hockey" than anyone else here. I challenged it with that question. No YaneA, I won't be asking you, or anyone, why the torpedo system was developed (or when to send a runner from third base :D) unless a similar situation arises.

Sic--I understand you challenged Siouxrock because of his now-deleted boast that he knew more about hockey than the rest of the board. But why did you feel the need to show up some teenager? I'm pretty sure his point was that because he actually *plays* the game, he knows more about it than armchair fans like us. Seems to me that would be a pretty valid supposition.

To quote Mark Twain, "We're all ignorant, only on different subjects." I'm not mad at you but I just expected the board veterans to take the higher road, especially with a fellow Sioux fan of tender years.

P.S. I'm sure Siouxrock is mortified to see someone old enough to be older than his mother defending him but I think you guys have been way too hard on the kid. I think we should have welcomed him to the fold instead of critiquing his posting like uptight English teachers. When he feels part of the board and is ready to be taken seriously, he'll drop the gibberish and converse with us on an appropriate level. We already know he's capable of doing so.

I agree that this is an act that Siouxrock puts on to see what responses he can get to his 2 year old level postings. I too have seen this person make a few meaningful and understandable contributions to this board that do not make Siouxrock look like an idiot. If there was a person that had a mental handicap and wanted to be a part of this board but could not write at an adult level I would be totally fine with that. Nothing personal but I think this board would be a lot better off if Siouxrock stopped playing these games. I have read this board for a long time, but just signed up to post in the past few months.

YaneA,

I don't assume that siouxrock is who he says he is. I tried corresponding with him by private messaging to find out more about him. For my trouble, all I got was gibberish and insults. He denied writing things that I knew he'd written. He pretended to not know about things that I know he knew.

If you've ever read his posts on the NDSU Bisonville board, you know that he makes UND and Sioux fans look even worse there than he does here. That's why I question whether he is who he says he is. For all I know, he's just a troll on a mission.

Probably the best advice I can give anyone about siouxrock is to simply ignore him. I'll try to follow my own advice from now on.

Yes, if anyone saw what he was doing on the Bison board, then you see he deserves everything he gets! He acted like JBB except with a 3rd grade education. He used many different derogatory references (ex: calling people fags for no reason) and made Sioux fans the laughing stock of that board.