SiouxSports.com Forum

UND's best all time line?

Sioux17

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say the Hrkac Circus, although I never had the pleasure of watching those guys play.

I can't help but wonder what kind of numbers all three members of the DOT line would have put up if Oshie and Toews had been healthy all season.

The Hrkac Circus put up points like nobody's business, that is a given. But I feel that those were the days of offense in hockey, be it the goaltending, defense or a combination. Even though our more recent lines can't match the points (and I don't think one ever will again), I think the DOT line and the Parise, Bochenski, Stafford lines can definitely match in talent. Just for arguments sake, I'll go with Parise, Bochenski, Stafford. Even though they are all doing well in the NHL, it would have been fun to see the three of them together that second year.

The Hrkac Circus put up points like nobody's business, that is a given. But I feel that those were the days of offense in hockey, be it the goaltending, defense or a combination. Even though our more recent lines can't match the points (and I don't think one ever will again), I think the DOT line and the Parise, Bochenski, Stafford lines can definitely match in talent. Just for arguments sake, I'll go with Parise, Bochenski, Stafford. Even though they are all doing well in the NHL, it would have been fun to see the three of them together that second year.

Don't you mean Parise, Bochenski and Murray? Stafford probably played with Parise and Bochenski some, but they were usually with Murray because Bochenski and Stafford were both right wings.

Murray may have started the year with them, but must have got injured early because I remember those three together most of the season. Big surprise, Murray getting injured, come back and reseparate the same shoulder in the first period, be out another six weeks. No wonder he left the WCHA for Sweden. I guess the Swedes don't hit as hard.

Murray may have started the year with them, but must have got injured early because I remember those three together most of the season. Big surprise, Murray getting injured, come back and reseparate the same shoulder in the first period, be out another six weeks. No wonder he left the WCHA for Sweden. I guess the Swedes don't hit as hard.

I think you are mistaken. Murray was injured for much of the 2004-2005 season, which was after Bochenski and Parise were both gone. And he didn't go to Sweden, he went to Switzerland.

And Murray went to Switzerland for eligibility sake there. He is a native of Switz. and he had to play there by a certain time to ever be able to again or somethin like that. I had a good 2 hour convo with him about it his first month over there. i dont remember all the details

It seems you like the banter PCM, so again, 2003-2004, Stafford and Murray's freshman year, the only year the four of them were in the same uniform together, I remember both Stafford and Murray skating with Parise and Bochenski. Which ever one you throw with them, I still stick with my original pick. I think Murray had more points than Stafford that year, but I like Stafford with those two for my top Sioux line. Thats my take, which will be different than many others, but thanks for the corrections ??? That's what is great about these forums, right? :silly:

And Murray went to Switzerland for eligibility sake there. He is a native of Switz. and he had to play there by a certain time to ever be able to again or somethin like that. I had a good 2 hour convo with him about it his first month over there. i dont remember all the details

I have no idea what you're talking about. Murray signed a pro contract to play in a Swiss league after his sophomore season in 2005. He had dual Canadian-U.S. citizenship. I know he spent some time in Europe when his father coached over there.

For the record, which is available here at collegehockeystats.net, the Murray-Parise-Bochenski line started 23 of 41 games in the 2003-04 season. Stafford, Parise and Bochenski started only one game together that season. Murray, Parise and Stafford started 8 games together.

Oh, and Swiss, Swede (oops), Luxembourg... its all the same ??? . The way I heard (which by no means makes it the truth) is that he had triple citizenship (US, Canada, and Swiss). Mom or Dad Canadian, born in Switzerland, and raised in the US. And I think you are right, it was his last year of eligibility for the Swiss Elite League.

It seems you like the banter PCM, so again, 2003-2004, Stafford and Murray's freshman year, the only year the four of them were in the same uniform together, I remember both Stafford and Murray skating with Parise and Bochenski. Which ever one you throw with them, I still stick with my original pick. I think Murray had more points than Stafford that year, but I like Stafford with those two for my top Sioux line. Thats my take, which will be different than many others, but thanks for the corrections ??? That's what is great about these forums, right? :silly:

I thought the idea was to discuss lines that actually played together frequently, not players on lines that you wished played together. So if you want to throw together three players who played together once out of 43 games in a season and call it UND's best all-time line, that's fine. Just don't expect many people to agree with you.

It doesn't bother me at all, I think I just stated (jokingly) that you have too much time on your hands. Also, I will concede I don't know how much they skated together, but it sure seemed like more than one game. I made my original statement for discussions sake, but it seems to me you thrive on correcting others missteps. Go Sioux.