SiouxSports.com Forum

Sombody call Cleo, I can't wait to find out!

01grad

Which place do you honestly think the Sioux will finish in?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which place do you honestly think the Sioux will finish in?

• 1st PLACE
    • 2nd PLACE
    • 3rd PLACE
    • 4th PLACE
    • 5th PLACE

I know it's tough because we all want to be optimistic and we are biased, but I just wanted to see what people thought and would answer. Sorry I misspelled somebody, I am not one of siouxrock's cohorts!

No disrespect to 01grad but it's not about being biased or optimistic or even favoring the Sioux because we cheer for them. It's about voting for them to finish in 1st place because know that they can win 1st place, because we know they are capable of it. Everyone that's a "TRUE" Sioux fan should be choosing 1st place because we know what "the boys" are the best in the country.

We've even have a goalie that can keep us in games. Hey, is it to late for Brandt to make a run at the Hobey Baker? Hahaha!!!

No disrespect to 01grad but it's not about being biased or optimistic or even favoring the Sioux because we cheer for them. It's about voting for them to finish in 1st place because know that they can win 1st place, because we know they are capable of it. Everyone that's a "TRUE" Sioux fan should be choosing 1st place because we know what "the boys" are the best in the country.

We've even have a goalie that can keep us in games. Hey, is it to late for Brandt to make a run at the Hobey Baker? Hahaha!!!

I agree. A true fan will say their team will win it all. However, this team could win every game from here on or lose every game. They are good enough to beat any team in the NCAA. I think the series last weekend will take its toll on the boys this weekend. No sweat. We'll save it for the Frozen Four and leave the Final Five championships for teams like St Cloud. It seems to be the only thing they can win (St CLouds Final Five award will be accepted on behalf of Minnesota-Mankato). :D

I picked 3rd place as my honest guess, although anything can happen at this point in the season on "neutral" ice. One game at a time.

Play a high energy game vs. Duluth, pepper their goalie again, and win this time. We'll see from there.

I went with the Sioux to place first and bring home the Broadmoor. Why? The Revenge Served Cold Factor. The teams that stand in our way of winning the tourney are now ripe for some green and white payback. The Fighting Sioux Revenge Tour: Coming soon to a city near Minneapolis.

I voted for at third place finish for the Sioux. The Final Five is fine to win ......but who cares!!!!! Let's make it count at the NCAA's! Take your stinking Final Five Championship...I want an 8th National Championship Banner hanging in The Ralph!!!!!

I also picked third place. I just think it is going to be awful tough to come back and play Friday at 2:00 against CC after the Duluth game ends at 10:00 Thurs. evening. I think it will help to be on the NHL ice surface though, as CC is used to the olympic surface and seems to play better on that surface. That is why they play 'em though. The Sioux have done well against CC in the playoffs in the past. I will be attending the games and am looking forward to the team coming on strong. If we can continue to get consistent goaltending the Sioux can beat anybody!!

I think the Sioux can beat anybody, and they can lost to anybody. What will happen this weekend is hard to predict.

In one sense there is not the pressure of some past tournaments where we felt we had to win the Championship to validate our season performance and failed.

I feel pressure to beat UMD. After that, any win is gravy.

I picked 3rd for one reason...it will be hell to play CC so soon after Duluth. I can guarantee that Duluth will put up a hell of a fight against us. CC has then played two less games in a week than we have, fatigue will be a factor Friday afternoon...Also, don't forget that this is not neutral ice...this is only a bigger Mariucci, Gopher fans will be in full force.

I do however hope that I am wrong