SiouxSports.com Forum

Consolation Prize

kvinbe

"When you win say little, when you lose say less". UND won. That is all there is for us to say. Lets leave the Gopher game and get own with #8 in St. Louis. It makes them more upset to see your UND gear. That speaks loudly enough and says it all.

Amen ira. Well said.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than kicking them when they're down and mocking them, why not take pride in the fact that the Sioux beat a truly great team and give the Gophers the respect they deserve? It was a great game between two great teams, just as it was the previous week at the Final Five. I think anybody with an ounce of objectivity would agree that both games easily could have gone the other way. Let's not be poor winners.

What if I take pride in kicking them when they are down? :D

I hate to say it, but since you asked I would say if that is in fact true you're what I refer to as a poor winner. Learn how to have class both in victory and defeat.

And you are what I refer to as a "granola eating, tree hugging, spotted owl saving, make our sandals out of used rubber tires" hippie, where everyone in your world loves each other and gets along just fine. :D My world on the other hand is a dark s&!t filled cesspool where love and hate are conditional. I'm glad we beat them. The best team won that night. If that is kicking them when they are down so be it.

And you are what I refer to as a "granola eating, tree hugging, spotted owl saving, make our sandals out of used rubber tires" hippie, where everyone in your world loves each other and gets along just fine. :D My world on the other hand is a dark s&!t filled cesspool where love and hate are conditional. I'm glad we beat them. The best team won that night. If that is kicking them when they are down so be it.

That should be in a signature line somewhere. :):angry:

Being a good sport and showing respect for a worthy opponent is equal to being a granola eating tree hugger? You're really reaching on that one, but if you say so. You're entitled to your opinion. :D

How about the BISON, dave. Tell us all how you feel about the BISON.

I guess I just have a different agenda. I feel like if I don't act like a jerk when my team wins then hopefully the other guys won't act like jerks when their team wins. And if they should happen to act like jerks even after I was a good sport, then I guess that makes me look better than them. Be happy when your team wins, but there's no need to rub their noses in it. That's immature behavior in my opinion. If you like being an a-hole towards the opponent and their fans, so be it. Just understand and accept the fact that a lot of people (including some of your own fellow Sioux fans) look down on that type of attitude. Some of us actually take pride in being gracious both in victory and in defeat.

;):lol:

It's truly funny to me how things can be misconstrued. I started this topic simply to offer some observations. What I offered was far from gloating. I live in Minneapolis and regularly play pick-up hockey games with gopher fans. We give each other a hard time in a good-natured way, but it doesn't get out of hand. It's a great rivalry, and the gopher faithful always give me a hard time when I wear my Sioux jersey out on the ice. It's really not a big deal, or anything to be too thin-skinned about. I expect it.

The drunken idiots at games...that's another story. I do my best to ignore them -- both the Sioux faithful and the goofer fans.

No doubt I'd be coming up with a rationale to soothe my hurt feelings if the Sioux had lost.

But they didn't, and now it's my turn to give the gopher fans some good-natured ribbing. Yeah baby!! :lol:

Nothing more, nothing less. Let's not take ourselves too seriously folks. :wink.gif

We won!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are celebrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some are saying/posting not nice things about the Golden Chokers!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

To the fans of the Golden Chokers who are upset about what is posted.......... DON'T READ THE POSTS THAT HURT YOUR FEELINGS!!!

Geeze Louise how hard is that!?!

ONWARD TO ST. LOUIS!!!

GO FIGHTING SIOUX. DON'T WORRY ABOUT HURTING ANYONE'S FEELINGS, KICK AZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The point is you don't have to put down the opponent to feel good about our favorite team. If anything, building the opponent up makes our team look that much better for having defeated them. For the people spewing "they suck" not in those exact words, how does it makes us look if a team that sucks took us to OT? On the other hand, for fans such as myself who refer to the Gophers as a great team how does it make us look if we beat a great team. Just a little something to ponder.

WHAT IS THAT? ;):lol: What do we have a message board police force now? Do you get tickets/citations for excessive celebration? My God, the Gopher fans are the worst for rubbing their wins in people's faces. Rewind back to their back to back NCAA championships. My phone rang off the hook immediately after each championship game. I came home one day after the Championship game to find the Minnesota rouser on my answering machine. Rubbing it in is half the fun. Or do we have short memories. This Sioux sports if you don't like the reveling in the Sioux victory I guess this isn't the site for you. Frankly this the whole reason behind sports, this why you play the games, this why we keep score, that why you have all time records, this why 7>5. This is the very problem with the American school systems, that now don't keep scores in kid

That is poor sportsmanship.

The point is you don't have to put down the opponent to feel good about our favorite team. If anything, building the opponent up makes our team look that much better for having defeated them. For the people spewing "they suck" not in those exact words, how does it makes us look if a team that sucks took us to OT? On the other hand, for fans such as myself who refer to the Gophers as a great team how does it make us look if we beat a great team. Just a little something to ponder.

:lol:

Physician, heal thyself... When we want you healing we'll show up at your doorstep. Until then please don't lecture us lower forms of life.

I'd like to see all these goofer threads float to the bottom of the forum and out of sight. who cares about them now? yes, great to beat a rival and watch them squirm and offer excuses, etc.... But, let's move on to the task at hand as the hated rivals are now at home and done playing hockey.

if you are still interested in the twin cities media bashing of the apologists, i suggest the 90 minute rant Bareiro had yesterday on the UND win. priceless! you can find it at kfan.com on demand

http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/podcast/sing...AN_Barreiro.xml

Now, Bring on B.C. !

Brilliant ! I agree ............ so we beat the goofers ........ are they anything special ? they are just another rival we play each and every year.

Let's move on and take out some eastern rivals in St Louuuuuuuuuie ! The rant was great and Common got in a few shots as well ;)

Barreiro a face made for radio :lol:

I'm not a pot or a kettle. Before you give your predictable reply about how my hatred of NDSU is equal to other fans' hatred of the Gophers... I will take this opportunity to point out that when the Sioux beat the Bison I would spend my time after the game praising the Sioux as opposed to bashing the Bison. Not the same.

So you're a blender? ;)

Damn right I get enjoyment from a goopher loss, especially when it comes at the hands of our boys. Tell me that doesn't make you want to smile. Better yet when a trip to the FF is on the line. That's what a rivalry is all about. So what if people want to talk about it, same goes for the Holy Cross upset of the goophs. I was at the ralph that night, and cheering for the Crusaders as loud as I could. I'll rub it in as longs as it stands to be the greatest upset in NCAA Ice Hockey history. I could care less whether you think it's appropriate. One other thing, when you start going off on the Bison, everyone and their brother is going to be quoting your posts, just to show how wishy-washy you are.

That is an awesome post. In my opinion Wishy Washy = Goody Two Shoes. :lol:

My advice to some unnamed posters is let people celebrate they way they want, like Sioux-Cia said if you don't like the title or the thread don't read it. I could care less if someone buys a HC jersey, I am also not going to spend a hole bunch of my time lecturing them, it their money and its a free country. More power to them. I actually like Purple, and the fact that the whole HC irriates the Gopher fans is good enough for me. Like I said they are the kings of rubbing people noses in it.

I think we might actually be forgetting the main point here, THE SIOUX ARE IN THE NCAA Semi's, THE GOOFERS ARE DONE... Like Mike Tice said enjoy the season. On a final note if the Goofers keep taking a dump in the playoffs the media is going to be all over tDon, like Chad Hartman said they will only take these set back so long and they will turn on him. Who ever said it, I think they are right, we do need a Gophers section.