SiouxSports.com Forum

Congrats Sioux fan!

GoldyBodie

What a game and what a finish! The Sioux worked much harder in OT and deserved to win this game. I will have to say though after reading 25 plus pages of the game thread that all of you must have been sitting next to me at the Final Five tourney. I have never in my life seen and read so much whining and complaining. A lot of you, (and you know who you are) are a disgrace to the great game of hockey. It's one thing to be a fanatic about your team but it's another to constantly bit&&& and moan about every call and every penalty. I bet 40-50% of the thread contained this crap. Anyway, good luck in the FF.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry you have to put up with that, but it does go both ways.

The second thing I did after the win was email my little buddy from MN, that I met at the first Final Five we went to, and congratulate him on a great game.

The first thing I did was reply to the text message my daughter in St. Paul sent me. Her message was "YAY!!! Go Sioux Sioux!" My reply was "Whew!" It really could have gone either way. My heart got a workout for about 3 hours!

It is too bad that poor sports live among us, but that's how sportsmanship has gone in that last several years.

My 3rd trip to the Frozen Four and the team has found it's way there each year! Yeah!

And congrats to all the Gopher fans and team on a great game.

What a game and what a finish! The Sioux worked much harder in OT and deserved to win this game. I will have to say though after reading 25 plus pages of the game thread that all of you must have been sitting next to me at the Final Five tourney. I have never in my life seen and read so much whining and complaining. A lot of you, (and you know who you are) are a disgrace to the great game of hockey. It's one thing to be a fanatic about your team but it's another to constantly bit&&& and moan about every call and every penalty. I bet 40-50% of the thread contained this crap. Anyway, good luck in the FF.

I'm off to GPL to see the opposing viewpoint. Bitching and moaning about every non-call...hmnnn...that sounds like the Gopher fans in MY section. Well, along with the ones standing up and chanting "f*** the Sioux...f*** the Sioux" after the goal that was disallowed in the title game. Those clowns aren't a disgrace to the game. :D

Thanks for your 2 cents Skippy.....now go get an early jump on the golf season. :silly:

I'm off to GPL to see the opposing viewpoint. Bitching and moaning about every non-call...hmnnn...that sounds like the Gopher fans in MY section. Well, along with the ones standing up and chanting "f*** the Sioux...f*** the Sioux" after the goal that was disallowed in the title game. Those clowns aren't a disgrace to the game. :silly:

And the "hit Bina again" that came out of my section at the X. Sioux fans aren't perfect either, but to come on here and offer up a complaint about Sioux fans disguised in a congrats just makes you look like a fool.

I swear I was going to have a heart attack in the OT period. I hate that feeling at the time but at the end you realize thats whats great about being a hockey fan. Even though my squad lost.

Good game!

i was just revived, man that was a great game...

great game, thanks for such a unbelievable thread you started, what time will EJ sign tomorrow..see yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I swear I was going to have a heart attack in the OT period. I hate that feeling at the time but at the end you realize thats whats great about being a hockey fan. Even though my squad lost.

Good game!

:silly: I told my brother that working with kids doesn't give me grey hair, but watching Sioux hockey does. :ohmy:

I don't even want to know what my pulse rate was throughout the game.

Go away jerk.

horse****

take it elsewhere

Every team has its good fans and bad fans, that you can't deny. "Congrats...you're a bunch of whiny babies...good luck in the Frozen Four." Gee, thanks.

My mom always taught me to be genuine when giving compliments or comments.

What we saw here with this Gopher fan reminds me of one of my brother's friends talking to my best friend after listening to my best friend play piano. He's pretty good. Bro's friend says to my best friend, "Wow, you're pretty good considering the family you come from."

Seriously, I can understand being upset about your team losing, Gopher fans. Sioux fans were in the same boat last weekend. But SERIOUSLY, if you can't be genuine in your congrats and gracious in your loss, then DON'T SAY A DAMN THING!

It is better to say nothing and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and prove it! (I can't remember who told me that line...)

Yeah i basically set myself up for the worst in overtime, on edge for about 3 hours, and had at least 3 hearattacks. I didnt even see the puck go in the net but I knew it went in and I unleashed a ton of emotion. Now that is what you call a hockey game! whoa!