SiouxSports.com Forum

Most consecutive games played?

mezzy05

I think it was stated during the Mankato playoff series that there is no official NCAA record for consecutive games played. I'd imagine that if someone did some research, they might figure out who had played the most consecutive games. It was also speculated that Porter could now hold the record since he is the WCHA leader...

I think it was stated during the Mankato playoff series that there is no official NCAA record for consecutive games played. I'd imagine that if someone did some research, they might figure out who had played the most consecutive games. It was also speculated that Porter could now hold the record since he is the WCHA leader...

I know it's posted somewhere but what was the WCHA record. I think tonight made game 173 for Chris.

After doing a little research on hockeydb.com, I'd say the NCAA record belongs to Don McSween of Michigan State, at 180 games from 1983-84 to 1986-87. Coincidentally, his streak ended in the NCAA Championship game when the Spartans fell to the Hrkac Circus. With the decrease in games, it will require four trips to the frozen four and playing for a western team to match or break the record.

After doing a little research on hockeydb.com, I'd say the NCAA record belongs to Don McSween of Michigan State, at 180 games from 1983-84 to 1986-87. Coincidentally, his streak ended in the NCAA Championship game when the Spartans fell to the Hrkac Circus. With the decrease in games, it will require four trips to the frozen four and playing for a western team to match or break the record.

A little research? Where the heck do you start to do that research?? Kudos to you!!! :D

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the most games a team can play during the regular season is 34 games with exemptions for the Hall of Fame Game, Trip to Alaska, and in-season tournament, so the most a Sioux player could play in any given season is:

34 - NCAA Max

1 - Hall of Fame GAme

2 - Trip up to Alaska

2 - In season Tournament

3 - WCHA First Round

3 - WCHA Final Five (including play-in game)

4 - NCAA Tournament

49 total games

If UND were to play in their max amount of games, and taking into account that they would play in Anchorage only 3 out of 4 years, the max consecutive games would be 194. It COULD be 196 if UND scheduled Fairbanks in the year that they did not play at Anchorage. Anyway, it would mean 4-consecutive national title game appearances...so that would be pretty sweet.