SiouxSports.com Forum

season ticket renewal

YaneA

My grandma is in 113 as well with two tickets at like row M. She too has to pay extra and doesn't think she can afford it. :) Pretty sad seeing as how she's sat on that end behind the Sioux goalie twice since the 80s.

A kind, considerate and loving grandchild would fork over the extra dough for granny so she can keep her seats. Have her add your name to the tickets, and when she gives them up, you'll get them.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A kind, considerate and loving grandchild would fork over the extra dough for granny so she can keep her seats. Have her add your name to the tickets, and when she gives them up, you'll get them.

Debating it. But I need to buy a house this summer and get out of this renting game. Plus, I need to donate money to the band.

Grandma needs the money more than the band does!

Probably true, but I owe both a lot and I want the current members of the band to get to take the trips that I got to enjoy.

I'll have you all know that for xmas I gave my grandma a knitted Sioux blanket made in Bemidji to bring to the games (not cheap). Her seats get blasted by the air ducts all game. But she loves them seats. Looks like my traveling money to visit every WCHA arena will be a bit light this year. You've talked me into it Sioux-cia and mikejm. Not that it took much convincing.

I know of one couple in my section - 104 - that are in the same situation with having to upgrade. They think they are going to drop their tickets because they were told even if they upgrade they won't be guaranteed the same seats. Fortunately, I've been paying through the nose for coaches club :lol: to sit in 104 so I don't have to worry.

They think they are going to drop their tickets because they were told even if they upgrade they won't be guaranteed the same seats.

WTF!?!? I better call the ticket office on Monday. I can't find my letter but I don't remember reading I may not get me seats!!

WTF!?!? I better call the ticket office on Monday. I can't find my letter but I don't remember reading I may not get me seats!!

I don't know if it was in her letter. I talked to her the last weekend at the Ralph, and she said they had talked to someone (ticket office, I think) and that's what they were told. I can't see why they wouldn't guarantee the same seats, hopefully the person she talked to didn't know what they were talkin about. It probably wouldn't hurt to call though just in case.

I don't know if it was in her letter. I talked to her the last weekend at the Ralph, and she said they had talked to someone (ticket office, I think) and that's what they were told. I can't see why they wouldn't guarantee the same seats, hopefully the person she talked to didn't know what they were talkin about. It probably wouldn't hurt to call though just in case.

The letter was confusing in some aspects so I better call.

geez I hate to see UND jam the hockey faithful AGAINST other UND sports to raise money! My father-in-law (traveling from Fargo every home hockey weekend) had a general season ticket for the first couple years until they demanded he join the Fighting Sioux club to keep his nose-bleed corner seat that he LOVED in the Ralph. Fine...sell it even though you're SELLING OUT a real fan....whatever...but forcing a Sioux fan to CHOOSE between FB or HKY tickets?...HUGE MISTAKE!!!!!

The good news from a reliable source is that the students will NOT be moving from where they are now ! :lol:

We didn't have nearly enough threads about this this year. Guess that means the students have finally been beaten down and robbed of all their fight.:devil:

We didn't have nearly enough threads about this this year. Guess that means the students have finally been beaten down and robbed of all their fight.:devil:

Dirty did you graduate yet? I thought I read somewhere you work for NDSU?

PUT ALL THE STUDENTS IN THE LOWER BOWL!!!!!! It's their University!

I agree that it is for the students but their needs to be some balance! I wish there was a way to put the die hard hockey fans and the students in the lower level and boot the socialites up to the upper level. The last game I went to in the Ralph was very dissappointing. It had a very corporate feeling to it. More people were concerned about who was there to talk to and if there hair was in place. Complained about calls while not knowing the rules and etc. However, there are a ton of long-time, die hard Sioux fans that should not be bumped up to the top level. They have paid there dues and financially support the venue that we are fortunate to have!

I agree that it is for the students but their needs to be some balance! I wish there was a way to put the die hard hockey fans and the students in the lower level and boot the socialites up to the upper level. The last game I went to in the Ralph was very dissappointing. It had a very corporate feeling to it. More people were concerned about who was there to talk to and if there hair was in place. Complained about calls while not knowing the rules and etc. However, there are a ton of long-time, die hard Sioux fans that should not be bumped up to the top level. They have paid there dues and financially support the venue that we are fortunate to have!

Well said oldtimehockey .......... The past two years the students have only picked up all of their alotted tickets for one game

and that was the goofers last year!

are you willing to give up your lower level seats for the students ?

In a perfect world, people would have to take a Sioux Hockey Skills Test. People who score in the lower half get tickets in the upper level. I don't have seats, so it's easier to give someone else's tickets away. :lol: We like to sit in the lower bowl, and can usually find decent seats for sale for every home game.

Within the next 10 years, the atmosphere in The Ralph will improve because one of two things will happen-those people who go to Sioux games to be seen, will get bored and find something else to do-or, they will figure out the game and become real fans.

Well said oldtimehockey .......... The past two years the students have only picked up all of their alotted tickets for one game

and that was the goofers last year!

True. Just because they are students doesn't make them die hard fans. One of the best atmospheres I have experienced as a student was the playoff games with Mankato this year. With the games being over spring break, only the die hard students came to the game. You could tell they were more into the game. I think the system is good but I want to see them get rid of student season tickets. It allows too many students who really don't crae to get lower bowl tickets and it keeps some diehard students in the upper bowl. Put all tickets on sale Monday morning. You can buy a lower bowl ticket if you want as long as they are available. WHen they sell out, you get upper bowl. ALso switch the on sale times to 8:00 in the morning. It seems more diehards will be lined up at 8 then at 10 and less class will be miseed.