SiouxSports.com Forum

Why the Sioux will...

pstar

Win? they have one of the best teams in the country right now, with excellent speed, creativity with the puck and decent goal tending.

Lose? They take too many penalties, the FF loss might put them in a funk, legendary opening round opponent and a defense that allows too many shots on net lately (although mostly from the edges).

I hope you win, if only out of WCHA pride, but I think it's a tough game to call.

Win? they have one of the best teams in the country right now, with excellent speed, creativity with the puck and decent goal tending.

Lose? They take too many penalties, the FF loss might put them in a funk, legendary opening round opponent and a defense that allows too many shots on net lately (although mostly from the edges).

I hope you win, if only out of WCHA pride, but I think it's a tough game to call.

I agree they took too many penalties. That being said they were the much more aggressive team. The Sioux were planting Gophers on their butts that whole first period. There was a series there of three consecutive monster hits on Gopher players that was just unbelievable. Thus the penalties were 5-1 in favor of the Gophers. The penalties evened out a little more at the end but you have to call it a little more even than that. That's what Hakstol was harping out. Like Dubay said, that's hockey and hitting is a part of hockey. But yes, the Sioux need to control their emotions just a little bit more and they will be fine.

pstar, take your b.s. elsewhere. You do not hope that the Sioux beat Michigan.

You would much rather have your blondies play Michigan rather than North Dakota

for any number of reasons. Big Gopher win over Michigan back in December.

Gopher fans fear their team having to play the Sioux.

It will be a tough game. Red is a solid coach and will have his boys ready.

North Dakota will be ready as always.

FWIIW, I hope that Air Force bombs the Gophers back to their days of mediocrity.

It could happen. Here is saying that it will.

FWIIW, I hope that Air Force bombs the Gophers back to their days of mediocrity.

C'mon now NDH... tell us how you really feel. :glare:

We'd be nuts to "want" to face UND. They have been the best in the country for around two months. However, I've never seen the Gophers been Michigan in a regional so I'm not exactly enthused about that matchup either. So I guess I just have to take it one game at a time. Beat Air Force. Let UND and Michigan settle their differences. Take that winner down.

Those Thanksgiving matchups with Michigan have never really been much of an indicator of Gophers tourney matchups with Michigan.

Why the Sioux will win vs. Michigan...better goaltending. I'm hoping it takes about six periods of hockey to get the job done. :glare:

I said I wanted Sioux to win out of WCHA pride. But yes, I'd rather have the Gophers play you than Michigan. Sorry if that insults you. But I think we can take you again. Our confidence is high, and i think the boys want to even the score for the season. I say bring on the Sioux.

I said I wanted Sioux to win out of WCHA pride. But yes, I'd rather have the Gophers play you than Michigan. Sorry if that insults you. But I think we can take you again. Our confidence is high, and i think the boys want to even the score for the season. I say bring on the Sioux.

Be careful what you wish for...

If we have to get bumped this year, I'd rather have it come from a top flight team. I'm not wishing for UND becuase it would be asier. I think it would be a better game to watch, add to a great rivalry and and be a match up of the two most deserving teams in our bracket.

Really? Not me! I want another shot at the Gophs! Besides, a run to the NC would be nice to include a thrashing of both Michigan AND the Gophs! (Who wants to go through a "powder puff" team like Air Force, en rout to a championship???)

GO SIOUX!!!!!

You forgot to put these emoticon in at the end of your post it means everything to what you said -------------> :):lol::lol::p

BTW shouldn't it be against all common courtesy for a goofer fan to start a thread here ? :)