SiouxSports.com Forum

INCH's NCAA Tourney Draft Wish List

AZSIOUX

INCH did this bit on the teams in the NCAA tourney and if they got to draft players from teams that didnt make. kind of fun to check out. who would you take?? and dont give me a the crap statement that I WOULDNT take anyone as i love the team the way it is..this is for fun so lets hear it...

I personally would draft Travis Morin from MSU 1st round and Joe Fallon from vermont as a backup goalie in 2nd round

ROUND 1

http://insidecollegehockey.com/9NCAA/2007/wishlist1_0528.htm

David Jones, F, Dartmouth

The Reasoning: Mason Raymond would work here as well, but the UMD Bulldog was scoreless in two games against the Sioux, which makes the war room wary. Instead, they trust the coaches who voted Jones a Hobey Baker finalist and count on him for secondary scoring in the unlikely event that their monster first line is held in check.

ROUND 2

http://insidecollegehockey.com/9NCAA/2007/wishlist2_0528.htm

Brandon Wong, F, Quinnipiac

The Reasoning: The Sioux ponder taking a backup for G Philippe Lamoureux, but instead opt for a luxury item in grabbing Wong and his 27 goals.

First Round Pick: David Jones, F, Dartmouth

From a Gopher stand point, I didn't agree with the draft (but I love the concept). I think I would have taken Elliot and than Skille (deabtable). I like our goalies, but Elliot can take over a game, which is something our guys rarely do. As for Skille, he's had an off year, but he has great stick skills and passing. I'd like to see us replace what we lost when Hirsh was dismissed.

From a Gopher stand point, I didn't agree with the draft (but I love the concept). I think I would have taken Elliot and than Skille (deabtable). I like our goalies, but Elliot can take over a game, which is something our guys rarely do. As for Skille, he's had an off year, but he has great stick skills and passing. I'd like to see us replace what we lost when Hirsh was dismissed.

I can't believe Skille wasn't drafted. I'd take him over a handful of guys on that list. He goes un-noticed because of the system he plays in. He was single-handedly generating chances against St. Cloud on Saturday for himself and his line. I've seen him a play a few other times this year as well as last year, but I was extremely impressed with him in Saturday's 3rd place game. That guy will be a stud in the NHL next year, assuming he goes.

I always thought this kind of "draft" should be:

If you end a team's season (head-to-head) you get to add one guy from their roster to your roster.

In my scenario (because UND ended MSU-Mankato's season): Travis Morin.

Does that mean the Gophers get Elliott? Even though their season didn't end immediately, it was over.

Does that mean the Gophers get Elliott? Even though their season didn't end immediately, it was over.

The Badger season didn't officially end until later that night (eastern finishes).

Actually, I'm not sure UND officially ended MSU-M's campaign. Pretty sure; not positive.

But Goldie can pick any Seawolf and SCSU can pick any Bulldog.

I can't believe Skille wasn't drafted. I'd take him over a handful of guys on that list. He goes un-noticed because of the system he plays in. He was single-handedly generating chances against St. Cloud on Saturday for himself and his line. I've seen him a play a few other times this year as well as last year, but I was extremely impressed with him in Saturday's 3rd place game. That guy will be a stud in the NHL next year, assuming he goes.

Skille went in the 2nd round to New Hampshire.