SiouxSports.com Forum

Tough break for the Sioux/Gophers and the WCHA.

SiouxForever

I hate to say it Sioux fans, but we have a tough draw to the Frozen Four. I can see our team beating Michigan in a tough battle and then playing Minnesota the next day. The Minnesota game will be a tough game as well, but I think the Sioux will get redemption from last night. On another note, with the brackets set as they are I don't see a WCHA team winning this year. When I see the West region bracket in general, the Sioux and Gophers might have to play against each other and then more then likely face a tough Boston College team in the Frozen Four. Whoever wins in the West regional has a long road ahead of them to the championship game. I hate how the brackets are set, but it is what it is. I hate to say it, but this will be the year where a WCHA team doesn

I hate to say it Sioux fans, but we have a tough draw to the Frozen Four. I can see our team beating Michigan in a tough battle and then playing Minnesota the next day. The Minnesota game will be a tough game as well, but I think the Sioux will get redemption from last night. On another note, with the brackets set as they are I don't see a WCHA team winning this year. When I see the West region bracket in general, the Sioux and Gophers might have to play against each other and then more then likely face a tough Boston College team in the Frozen Four. Whoever wins in the West regional has a long road ahead of them to the championship game. I hate the how the brackets are set, but it is what it is. I hate to say it, but this will be the year where a WCHA doesn

I hate to say it Sioux fans, but we have a tough draw to the Frozen Four. I can see our team beating Michigan in a tough battle and then playing Minnesota the next day. The Minnesota game will be a tough game as well, but I think the Sioux will get redemption from last night. On another note, with the brackets set as they are I don't see a WCHA team winning this year. When I see the West region bracket in general, the Sioux and Gophers might have to play against each other and then more then likely face a tough Boston College team in the Frozen Four. Whoever wins in the West regional has a long road ahead of them to the championship game. I hate how the brackets are set, but it is what it is. I hate to say it, but this will be the year where a WCHA team doesn

Your wrong, St. Cloud will find their form and make it to the FF. The winner of the Gopher vs UND game will win the NC. Its a tough region, but those are the cards we drew. Of course I want my Gophers to go all the way, but if not us, then you. I can't believe I just said that. ;)

Same sentiment here! I'm a Sioux fan, first and foremost, but if not us, then another WCHA team!

The road ahead is tough, but we wouldn't want it any other way, would we? Despite all odds, this is "year of the Sioux," and WCHA again dominates the college hockey competition, en route to NCAA champion status!

GO SIOUX!!!

Hate to get into the whole conspiracy theory thing but they probably did make these brackets so it wasn't a WCHA team that won, gotta let one of these other cake leagues win it every once in a while! ;)

I honesly think the winner of the West region wins the Championship. I hate to play the Sioux again especially after the result last night, they'll be out for blood. But the Gophers seem to be coming together again, hopefully they keep playing with that intensity.

I think it will be up to either the Gophers or the Sioux to keep the championship in the NCAA because I think SCSU will be "one and done" once again. Sounded like Motzko wasn't too enthoused last night at the motel lobby. And I think after that shot to the collorbone that Goepfart took he's gonna be gun shy.

It looks like the NCAA is doing their best to cut down WCHA participation in the Frozen Four. If the Goophers advance I'm going to pull for them which coming from me is a big deal.

I agree to an extent with your first statement. However their is a process in place that makes that happen. The strength of the WCHA was its worst enemy this year. The teams beat up on each other so much that they only got three teams in when CC and DU lost in the first round and MTU was eliminated in the play-in game. I like to see as many teams from the WCHA get into the tourney, but I can't stand the thought of seeing the goofers take home the big prize!

The two wins by Maine over the Sioux got them in the show. ;) And ever since they have been sinking ship.

Maine and Michigan State have not been good over the last month or so, and they both end up as #3 seeds. :blush:

Michigan State looked bad against Michigan Friday, and blew a 3 goal lead to Lake State in the 3rd place game, and needed overtime to win.

Hate to get into the whole conspiracy theory thing but they probably did make these brackets so it wasn't a WCHA team that won, gotta let one of these other cake leagues win it every once in a while! ;)

I honesly think the winner of the West region wins the Championship. I hate to play the Sioux again especially after the result last night, they'll be out for blood. But the Gophers seem to be coming together again, hopefully they keep playing with that intensity.

I think it will be up to either the Gophers or the Sioux to keep the championship in the NCAA because I think SCSU will be "one and done" once again. Sounded like Motzko wasn't too enthoused last night at the motel lobby. And I think after that shot to the collorbone that Goepfart took he's gonna be gun shy.

Jan Brady has been invited to the dance once again. "One and done" is a safe bet.

I agree to an extent with your first statement. However their is a process in place that makes that happen. The strength of the WCHA was its worst enemy this year. The teams beat up on each other so much that they only got three teams in when CC and DU lost in the first round and MTU was eliminated in the play-in game. I like to see as many teams from the WCHA get into the tourney, but I can't stand the thought of seeing the goofers take home the big prize!

I'm not claiming to understand the statistical methods used to determine the PWR or the KRACH?

However there is a large discrepancy between the two. If the KRACH were used then Denver and Wisconsin would make the tournament and CC at 13 would have been last team in or out.

A couple weeks ago I looked at Denver's non-conference record. I think they went 6-2. So that record and finishing #4 in the toughest conference isn't good enough?

Seems like something is wrong in the PWR methodology.

Jan Brady has been invited to the dance once again. "One and done" is a safe bet.

scsu got an easy eastern bracket. MN, und, michigan would gladly trade with them. there is a reason why one bracket has teams with 21 NC, and a home team, and Jan Brady's has maybe 2. If scsu is healthy, they make the ff easy.

scsu got an easy eastern bracket. MN, und, michigan would gladly trade with them. there is a reason why one bracket has teams with 21 NC, and a home team, and Jan Brady's has maybe 2. If scsu is healthy, they make the ff easy.

I'm not convinced they'll get by Maine. Maine's never lost a NCAA game in New York. Regardless of their record or recent play, I have a feeling they'll put up a battle!

I'm not convinced they'll get by Maine. Maine's never lost a NCAA game in New York. Regardless of their record or recent play, I have a feeling they'll put up a battle!

Bobby G is from New York. This is not the year jan is one and done.

I took a look at the schedule and results for Clarkson and UMass. SCSU definitely got into an easy bracket, except for the fact that Maine could be tough. Right now the SCSU ship is leaking water badly, but if they can get some things worked out they could make the final four. I don't see them winning it, but they definitely got the easy path in. MN, MI, and UND have the tough road and could easily be the champion, if they don't kill each other off.

If the Sioux come out of the west regional, I definitely like their chances.

The West Regional is for sure the hardest bracket in this tournament. I think the National Champ is the team that wins the West, but I don't want it to be Michigan. Here is something that I have been bothered by in the past week or so; In the past few years, the Sioux have been the team that has flown under the radar, and "overachieved" in the media's mind, at least. When Doug Woog, and ESPN commentators start giving the nod to ND, I get nervous. There was nothing better than seeing the Sioux win when they weren't SUPPOSED to win, and now, I fear they have the target on their backs.

This team, and Coach Hakstol, don't really give out "bulletin board" material for the other team. None of them run their mouth, or say something that gets quoted as bashing the other team. The Wooger comes out and says on the radio that he thinks UND takes the Broadmoor, and suddenly the Gophers have something to prove. You could even tell in their postgame comments, things like "We wanted to show we could play with anybody", etc...

I guess what I am saying is, will somebody PLEASE COME OUT AND SAY THAT THE SIOUX HAVE NO CHANCE OF WINNING IT ALL THIS YEAR?!? ;) Then, maybe I'll feel better. :blush: