SiouxSports.com Forum

Lucia

UKSioux

http://www.startribune.com/512/story/1060855.html

Asked about his game plan for the Fighting Sioux, Lucia said, "Well, I know we don't have a chance against them. That's the consensus, anyway." But the Gophers promise to show up.

"It's going to be a great opportunity for us to play in a championship environment," Lucia said. "Win or lose, it's going to be a growing experience."

Gotta love it!

Asked about his game plan for the Fighting Sioux, Lucia said, "Well, I know we don't have a chance against them. That's the consensus, anyway." But the Gophers promise to show up.

"It's going to be a great opportunity for us to play in a championship environment," Lucia said. "Win or lose, it's going to be a growing experience."

Gotta love it!

sandbaggig at it's best! Do not buy into this that is Lucia trying to get his team fired up. Oh by the way the game still has to be played, I predict a good game on both sides, just due to the rivalry. GO SIOUX KICK SOME GOPHER BUTT!

bunch of crap actually - that is similar to what Dave said here at the coach's luncheon before the series at the John this year. Its just a way to get the lads fired up. Thats what they say to the public, but not how they really feel.

If he had said what was really on his mind it might have been "Which sieve am I go to throw to the lions"

The last two weeks he's said UND is the best team in the country, really just stating the obvious. The Gophers are going to give up at least two or three to Toews line, so the rest of the guys have to completely out play the rest of the Sioux. From the looks of yesterday that isn't going to be easy either.

I'm pulling for Michigan over Notre Dame, otherwise it seems like we could be doing this again next weekend.

The last two weeks he's said UND is the best team in the country, really just stating the obvious. The Gophers are going to give up at least two or three to Toews line, so the rest of the guys have to completely out play the rest of the Sioux. From the looks of yesterday that isn't going to be easy either.

I'm pulling for Michigan over Notre Dame, otherwise it seems like we could be doing this again next weekend.

I think we need Notre dame to win otherwise Mich jumps us in the pwr

Gotta love it!

You can't make this up!

Don just doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut. He is starting to insert his foot in his mouth as much as Terrell Ownes! It seems like maybe these stupid comments year after year are to blame for his head-case teams!

You can't make this up!

Don just doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut. He is starting to insert his foot in his mouth as much as Terrell Ownes! It seems like maybe these stupid comments year after year are to blame for his head-case teams!

I think your overreaction is more telling than anything Lucia said. He was obviously sarcastic with the first comment and does anyone not agree that the tonight's game should bring a championship like environment?

You can't make this up!

Like Siouxguyinsaintpaul said, Dave made the same comments when the Sioux played the Gophers in January. So, I guess Haxstol says stupid comments also. This is nothing more than a physiological ploy that every coach uses.

Some of you guys look into to this way too much. I agree that it is just physiological talk. He's probably just repeating what the media has been saying about the sioux the last few weeks that they are un-stopable right now

Like Siouxguyinsaintpaul said, Dave made the same comments when the Sioux played the Gophers in January. So, I guess Haxstol says stupid comments also. This is nothing more than a physiological ploy that every coach uses.

You can't make this up!

Wow. You liken Lucia to one of the biggest cancers in professional sports? Sorry, I may not like Lucia but that's just over the top. Owens is an idiot who happens to play a pretty good game of football. Lucia is a collegiate head coach who wants to win and to put his team into a not so perilous position if UND does beat UMN. After all, it is a good possibility that UND could win tonight.

Which would you rather have? A fan of a team whose head coach says what Lucia says and ends up having the opponent win or having a head coach that says "I think we'll win tonight." and then loses?

Both comments are assinine, sure, but one is sandbagging, the other is arrogant. Lucia's comments aren't worth much of our time.

Wow. You liken Lucia to one of the biggest cancers in professional sports? Sorry, I may not like Lucia but that's just over the top. Owens is an idiot who happens to play a pretty good game of football. Lucia is a collegiate head coach who wants to win and to put his team into a not so perilous position if UND does beat UMN. After all, it is a good possibility that UND could win tonight.

Which would you rather have? A fan of a team whose head coach says what Lucia says and ends up having the opponent win or having a head coach that says "I think we'll win tonight." and then loses?

Both comments are assinine, sure, but one is sandbagging, the other is arrogant. Lucia's comments aren't worth much of our time.

I do remember a former UND coach who use to be just as outspoken if not more(blais). Its a UND/UM championship game should we expect any less! Is it 7 yet?:lol:

What was assinine [sic] about what he said? He's annoyed with everyone essentially handing the title to UND and he followed that up by saying tonight should provide a great atmosphere. I swear if Lucia saved a baby from a burning building some of you would still call him a jerk if he didn't also put out the fire. :lol:

What was assinine [sic] about what he said? He's annoyed with everyone essentially handing the title to UND and he followed that up by saying tonight should provide a great atmosphere. I swear if Lucia saved a baby from a burning building some of you would still call him a jerk if he didn't also put out the fire. :lol:

ah its game like these where i miss prpich the most, he could provide the water from briggs' waterbottle to put the fire out haha

correction, the second line will get two or three and we just hope the dot line can chip in! :lol:

Lucia can't possibly win with some here. The last two weekends he has stately flatly with no sandbagging or evil intentions that UND is the team to beat from the WCHA. He may have qualified it with a "probably" after the Alaska game three, but anyone who listened to his radio comments last night is crazy if they take that as insulting. Lucia and anyone who has seen UND the last few months know they are a buzzsaw right now.

I want Michigan over Notre Dame because it gives the Gophers the best chance at avoiding UND in the regionals. That gives the Gophers possibly another three weeks to get better and maybe take the edge off the Sioux.

Tonights game should be a blast as they always are between the Sioux and the Gophers. Up and down the ice, but the Sioux have a big edge on the top line and depth and goaltending are a push at best for the Gophers. Unless Lamoureux has a meltdown game it's hard to see the Sioux losing again this year, even then it may not be an issue. The Sioux look the like the Gophers in '03 to me.

Sagard, you should just save the keystrokes on the Lucia defense. It's just the way it is on a heated rival's board.

As for the team to beat, have you followed what BC has done over the last two months or so? Many very impressive wins over good teams. They appear to be on a mission as well.

Asinine was a spelling error, it wasn't meant to be read into more than that. Sheesh.

What I was trying to do was to say "Stop worrying about what Lucia is saying and let's get on with our lives." But hey, if you want to deride me for dismissing Lucia's comments as being silly and meaningless, so be it.

Lucia's comments STILL aren't worth our time.

Sagard, you should just save the keystrokes on the Lucia defense. It's just the way it is on a heated rival's board.

As for the team to beat, have you followed what BC has done over the last two months or so? Many very impressive wins over good teams. They appear to be on a mission as well.

Good points all the way around. :lol:

This Bucky/SCSU tilt has a ultra-rare situation where UW will probably pull their goalie in the last minute of OT. I haven't seen that since a DU/CC matchup back in the '90s when DU was trying to deny CC the McNaughton on the last night of the regular season.