SiouxSports.com Forum

Final Five Saturday Pre-Game Breakfast

MafiaMan

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

115 was definitely the most awesome section to be in!!!

Well 114 was pretty good too. We had the "Those guys" sconnie fans behind us and some Duluth grads turned goofs fans in front of us. Some interesting conversations going on there. The sconnie fans made out good as well. They sold there champ tickets for between 125 and 150 bucks. Must be nice to finance your Final 5 tickets by selling 1 game. ;)

Well 114 was pretty good too. We had the "Those guys" sconnie fans behind us and some Duluth grads turned goofs fans in front of us. Some interesting conversations going on there. The sconnie fans made out good as well. They sold there champ tickets for between 125 and 150 bucks. Must be nice to finance your Final 5 tickets by selling 1 game. ;)

Holy crap! I thought those prices were just RUMORS.

Daaaaaaaaaaaang.

Holy crap! I thought those prices were just RUMORS.

Daaaaaaaaaaaang.

Well the gopher fans could be lying too. Some said they got theirs for 95 and then the others said 125 which I believe. I then heard 150 from others over there but who knows if it was true.

I also heard the going price was about $125 just before the game. It was all a ton of fun, but I might have sold my breakfast ticket at that price. ;) By the way, I was talking with a Gopher fan who we used to sit behind for several years (one of the nice Gopher fans), and he couldn't believe that we ate at Hoggsbreath. He said that he got shot there a number of years ago. I didn't ask for details, but it didn't seem like that kind of place to me. Maybe he was working as a waiter and the food was as slow as ours was. :blush:

I also heard the going price was about $125 just before the game. It was all a ton of fun, but I might have sold my breakfast ticket at that price. :blush: By the way, I was talking with a Gopher fan who we used to sit behind for several years (one of the nice Gopher fans), and he couldn't believe that we ate at Hoggsbreath. He said that he got shot there a number of years ago. I didn't ask for details, but it didn't seem like that kind of place to me. Maybe he was working as a waiter and the food was as slow as ours was. ;)

:blush:

MafiaMan's friend told us as we were leaving the Hoggsbreath that a bouncer accidentally killed a drunk patron in the parking lot a couple of years ago. He was kneeling on the drunk guys neck. ;)

The food was good! :)

:blush:

MafiaMan's friend told us as we were leaving the Hoggsbreath that a bouncer accidentally killed a drunk patron in the parking lot a couple of years ago. He was kneeling on the drunk guys neck. ;)

The food was good! :)

**Gopher fan alert**

Holy Cross!!! How did you guys decide on the Hogsbreath? I live about a mile and a half away, and even I do not go in there. For being in a suburb that place has had a rough history. (drug raids, and the aformentioned issues). As much as I am a Gopher fan, I would hate to have any hockey fan get hurt there.

How were you treated?

**Gopher fan alert**

Holy Cross!!! How did you guys decide on the Hogsbreath? I live about a mile and a half away, and even I do not go in there. For being in a suburb that place has had a rough history. (drug raids, and the aformentioned issues). As much as I am a Gopher fan, I would hate to have any hockey fan get hurt there.

How were you treated?

The service was unbelievably slow, but we got our food free as a result. Nothing sketchy occurred, but I suppose that's the benefit of being there at 11 am rather than at night.

The service was unbelievably slow, but we got our food free as a result. Nothing sketchy occurred, but I suppose that's the benefit of being there at 11 am rather than at night.

Free food is always good. Rice St. at bar close is not a good place to be either, but that is not unique to the Doggsbreath. Glad it all worked out.

You were both very stunning, though it is hard not to be in such a beautiful jersey. ;) Nice to meet you Forecheck, good to see you again RWtD. Condolences on the loss of your two sophs.

Ha! That's funny. But it was nice to see everyone again as well as meet some new faces. I'm a little disappointed with how my pictures turned out. Whoever was manning my camera didn't hold it very still. They're kind of blurry. Is anyone good with photoshop? Or maybe someone else's group picture turned out better than mine.

P3100452.jpg

P3100453.jpg

P3100454.jpg

P3100448.jpg

Some guy licking my jersey because he liked it....a lot.

P3100445.jpg

A Gopher fan "not caring" about the Holy Cross garb.

**Gopher fan alert**

How were you treated?

Dude, my softball and broomball teams have been partially sponsored by the Hoggsbreath for at least 12 years. I've never experienced anything like what you are referring to above. We are usually in there on Tuesday or Thursday evenings after our games. Obviously, the "crowd" might be a little different on your typical Saturday night. Drug raids? I've never heard that one...

Thank you, Mafia Man, for setting up the brunch. I think all the laughter we shared (at Gopher expense) has added years to my life span. Great to meet posters Siouxman, Mrs. Siouxman, Keikla, and to renew my acquaintance with my homies Siouxmama and Siouxcia.

MM, I trust you were not tossed from the championship game when you yelled your, "Does the carpet match the drapes?" comment during the Blonde Gopher lineup announcement?

Thanks, Siouxcia, for setting up the Holy Cross jersey photo and forecheck for posting them here (hey, I DO have a pretty smile! But what's in the handbag? The launch code?!). Always nice to meet fellow Sioux fans. I think if we could have made an announcement in the rink, we would have gotten even more people into the picture because I ran into quite a few people later who had on Holy Cross T-shirts and whatnot. It's amazing: people stopped to take pictures of us getting our picture taken!! And as I will tell the story from here on out, those of us wearing the purple and white were greeted as liberators in the streets of St. Paul. Good times.

Dude, my softball and broomball teams have been partially sponsored by the Hoggsbreath for at least 12 years. I've never experienced anything like what you are referring to above. We are usually in there on Tuesday or Thursday evenings after our games. Obviously, the "crowd" might be a little different on your typical Saturday night. Drug raids? I've never heard that one...

Back when the had the Pizza joint upstairs, and the dog was downstairs. You could get a little more than just a beer there.

At any rate, glad you enjoy it. My house is about 2 miles from there, I know the owner. I won't go in there. Good luck next weekend!

Ha! That's funny. But it was nice to see everyone again as well as meet some new faces. I'm a little disappointed with how my pictures turned out. Whoever was manning my camera didn't hold it very still. They're kind of blurry. Is anyone good with photoshop? Or maybe someone else's group picture turned out better than mine.

P3100452.jpg

P3100453.jpg

P3100454.jpg

P3100448.jpg

Some guy licking my jersey because he liked it....a lot.

P3100445.jpg

A Gopher fan "not caring" about the Holy Cross garb.

This morning on KSTP AM1500 - Patrick Ruesse said "hats off the the Sioux fans that wore their Holy Cross jerseys this weekend" and "What a whiner Lucia is for trying to claim to be an underdog Saturday". "With some of the best players in the country and in front of a home crowd of around 18,000 - what a joke"" "We'll see how good the Gophers really are next weekend when they have to play N.D. again and not in their own town"

Whoever was manning my camera didn't hold it very still. They're kind of blurry. Is anyone good with photoshop?

It looks as if the shooter didn't wait for the autofocus to work before snapping the photo. I'll see if I can't touch them up with Photoshop, but it'll be difficult to make the photos a lot better.

It looks as if the shooter didn't wait for the autofocus to work before snapping the photo. I'll see if I can't touch them up with Photoshop, but it'll be difficult to make the photos a lot better.

I'm sorry! I still use a disposable camera for pictures. You should have given your camera to someone who is more technologically advanced. ;)

Whoever was manning my camera didn't hold it very still. They're kind of blurry. Is anyone good with photoshop?

I don't have Photoshop where I currently am, but an "auto-contrast" followed by "sharpen more" and "sharpen edges" filters will create some definition around the color transitions. (Trying the filters in the other order might create some odd pixelization that can be beat down with a modest blur at the end). A combination of a manual "unsharp mask" followed by a custom blur will give the best results, though it could be a lot of work to get right when the auto stuff will get you close.

The software can't fill in detail that isn't there, but it should be able to harden the edges to reduce the appearance of blur.

I'm sorry! I still use a disposable camera for pictures. You should have given your camera to someone who is more technologically advanced. ;)

You don't need to be sorry. It's a pretty easy mistake to make.