SiouxSports.com Forum

USCHO snubbing the Sioux?

larsensa

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

USCHO is just like any other news organization. They make decisions about what they're going to emphasize. Not everyone agrees with those decisions because they can't please everyone all the time. I don't always agree with their editorial decisions, either, but I also realize that the site isn't designed just to please me.

The USCHO management knows that Sioux fans account for a large percentage of visits to their Web site. The idea that USCHO goes out of its way to snub UND is, therefore, quite ridiculous. They're smart enough to not bite the hand that feeds them.

I'm pretty sure they don't cover the Sioux as a way of sticking it to me. Everyone else suffers because USCHO has a vendetta against me.

I'm pretty sure they don't cover the Sioux as a way of sticking it to me. Everyone else suffers because USCHO has a vendetta against me.

There you go. That's one of those decisions I don't agree with. They should pay Dirgler to post on USCHO. :D

USCHO is just like any other news organization. They make decisions about what they're going to emphasize. Not everyone agrees with those decisions because they can't please everyone all the time. I don't always agree with their editorial decisions, either, but I also realize that the site isn't designed just to please me.

The USCHO management knows that Sioux fans account for a large percentage of visits to their Web site. The idea that USCHO goes out of its way to snub UND is, therefore, quite ridiculous. They're smart enough to not bite the hand that feeds them.

I have a hard time figuring out exactly who they do want to read their product. I'm on their front page regularily, I rarely read something that I don't normally (such as the polls or the WCHA update on Friday etc)

I think USCHO is fine. Fox Sports North, however, is another matter entirely.

They are showing a recap of the Gophers' season now and I have not seen a single Sioux.

Wonder why? :D

From a Gopher point of view they didn't have any highlights against the Sioux?

Most of the potential viewership for FSN-N is in the Minneapolis area. But I think they could show a bit more respect for the teams in the rest of the state let alone the ND teams they play. After all we also are part of their home audience.

My impression though is that UND has less to complain about than the other Minnesota teams.

They had Johnson's goal vs. the Sioux...

Actually, FSN showed two Gopher goals against the Sioux, one from each game. If I remember correctly, the other was Goligoski's.

...funny they left out the Bina incident.

The one during the series or afterward? :)

don't worry I'm too weak to lift ya :lol: (I just meant in status as a reporter) :)

& I just like the song

I feel so good if I just say the word

Sussudio I just say the word

Oh sussudio I just say the word

Oh sussudio Ill say the word

Sussudio oh oh oh

Just say the word

I'd like to get more info on rosters, scores for individual games for the Sioux teams for years 1991 to 1996. USCHO does not go back that far. Is there any site that would give me this information? I am not talking about records or anything like that. Just rosters, games played and scores/dates, and scoring/penalty minute stats. Thanks.

I'd like to get more info on rosters, scores for individual games for the Sioux teams for years 1991 to 1996. USCHO does not go back that far. Is there any site that would give me this information? I am not talking about records or anything like that. Just rosters, games played and scores/dates, and scoring/penalty minute stats. Thanks.

This is the place to go for some of that information:

http://www.hockeydb.com/

Thanks much, PCM!

If you can get your hands of a Fighting Sioux hockey media guide, they also have lots of good information on past players and games. They used to sell them at the UND bookstore, but I don't know if that's still the case.