SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Minnesota St Friday game Thread

JESUS,family,rutgers

I think it couldve made a difference if we wouldve been playing one of the top three or four teams. Who wants to watch landcows? :silly: Students help sellout the crowd, what can ya say....now they are all out showing boobies arses and drinking beer somewhere ;)

Consider the games against the Mav's are perenially the best games, I definitely would have loved to watch these games.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it couldve made a difference if we wouldve been playing one of the top three or four teams. Who wants to watch landcows? :silly: Students help sellout the crowd, what can ya say....now they are all out showing boobies arses and drinking beer somewhere ;)

how about the incentive to see the boys one last time on home ice?

This is a series that holds NO surprises for either team:

1) Tempo - if we skate, we'll kick their butts. For 50 minutes, we skated really REALLY well. It was men against boys.

2) Body - we hit pretty well. Only a couple big clean shots - KAIP!! - but they rattled the Mavs.

They can't hit with us (exception of a couple guys).

3) Mankato will run the goalie - they do it every game. Effin cheap shots. I was pissed that Bruess only got a Misconduct instead of a DQ. We'll see how much class Jutting has based on whether he sends Bruess out tomorrow.

4) Lammy with not a lot of pressure, but a couple terrific saves, including one late in the first right after Radke's goal.

5) DOT line - I agree with AZSioux (and said the same thing at the game) could have had 8 goals tonight. I'm okay if they save some for tomorrow.

6) Powerplay - it was huge that we scored 5x3 early - it really made MSU back off on the hooking and slashing. The best way to get them to stop is to make them pay.

======================

Last and not least, with 3 upsets in the WCHA tonight, if that continues we move up to #2 seed, and we'd play Tech (#6) in the Friday afternoon game. Would that be cool or what?

Come on Sioux, let's end some Goonish careers tomorrow night.

Wow interesting night

UMD over SCSU, Tech over CC and UW over DU

The only game I consider a upset is the 2nd place team losing to the 9th place team.

Brad actually predicted SCSU losing to them in three games. I wouldn't be surprised if MTU and UW make the final

five. UND is still 6th in the PWR.

This is a series that holds NO surprises for either team:

1) Tempo - if we skate, we'll kick their butts. For 50 minutes, we skated really REALLY well. It was men against boys.

2) Body - we hit pretty well. Only a couple big clean shots - KAIP!! - but they rattled the Mavs.

They can't hit with us (exception of a couple guys).

3) Mankato will run the goalie - they do it every game. Effin cheap shots. I was pissed that Bruess only got a Misconduct instead of a DQ. We'll see how much class Jutting has based on whether he sends Bruess out tomorrow.

4) Lammy with not a lot of pressure, but a couple terrific saves, including one late in the first right after Radke's goal.

5) DOT line - I agree with AZSioux (and said the same thing at the game) could have had 8 goals tonight. I'm okay if they save some for tomorrow.

6) Powerplay - it was huge that we scored 5x3 early - it really made MSU back off on the hooking and slashing. The best way to get them to stop is to make them pay.

======================

Last and not least, with 3 upsets in the WCHA tonight, if that continues we move up to #2 seed, and we'd play Tech (#6) in the Friday afternoon game. Would that be cool or what?

Come on Sioux, let's end some Goonish careers tomorrow night.

1. AGREE

2. we had some nice hits, kaip and oshie come to mind

3. he wont sit the guy, i could care less either way

4. phil has been nails since x-mas, keep it up

5. i agree with myself too :silly: they will each have 1 at least saturday as well

6. we will have many PP chances saturday as they will be up to their usual hacking

i would love to see tech in the final 5, just would be great for the league!! and then we will see diggler in rare form ;)

1 WIN DOWN AND 7 MORE WINS IN A ROW FOR #8

yup, 2 or 3 seed, whatever we end up wit will be afternoon game so get ready for a fun day

wow who in the hell is that chick AZZ? woohoo! shabirgen! And btw, I didnt mean that minnesota state/sioux arent fun to watch, i was more being sarcastic than anything.... But if we wouldve been playing a rival, for instance, people might have went a step more out of their way to watch this weekends series. However, I wouldnt miss it for anything!

AZZ has never been to the final five??? hmmm.

lets have a pre game kegger in the parking lot for a tailgate....WHOS WITH ME?\

yeah will be the first and not the last, just always spread the trips out and always hold out for the f-4 of course :silly:

lets have a pre game kegger in the parking lot for a tailgate....WHOS WITH ME?\

yeah will be the first and not the last, just always spread the trips out and always hold out for the f-4 of course :silly:

I'll be there!

EDIT:

Just to remind people, or tell people who didn't read the article:

In Eric Schmoldt's preview of the weekend on USCHO, he predicted this about the outcome of the series:

North Dakota in two 5-2 and 4-3.

He got this one, too:

Let's try Michigan Tech in three games, 2-1, 1-4, 3-2.