SiouxSports.com Forum

Proof Polls are Bogus

NDviaEP

I put no stock in polls and find them laughable. But they do provide great entertainment, so I still look at them. How about Minnesota moving up two spots despite going 7-7 in the last 14 and losing 3 of their last 4. Love it...

The only poll that matter is the one that takes place in April.

Yeah, I know, polls schmolls. That's what teams tell themselves when they think they're not being given the recognition they deserve. Haven't looked, but I doubt that there's anyone saying polls schmolls on Notre Dame's board.

Post Christmas, Conference games only, percentage of pts taken:

Minnesota 18/32-56.25%

St Cloud 20/32-62.5

UND 20/28-71.4%

(did not dbl check my work to see if #'s are accurate, but they probably are)

I really thought that UND would have gotten a vote or two in one of the polls. Who are all these people voting for Minnesota? Oh well, probably just more "coal for UND's fire."

You've been saying that since Grandpa PCM was in diapers the first time.

Can I help that I've been right that long?

I think he pays people to start these threads just so he can keep saying it. :silly:

At least it's cheap because most of these threads are pretty much low-bid. :lol:

why do you all continue to post on these threads if you think they are so dumb. Some people find them entertaining and if you don't please move on. I think everyone understands that the polls aren't the end all be all, and they don't really affect anything at all, but they are purely for entertainment purposes. Everyone understands this because it gets discussed ad nauseum every time a polls thread surfaces. Personally I skip over all of the officiating threads because everything on that topic could be fixed with one word, consistency. Call everything, call nothing... just make calls consistently.

This thread was made to discuss the poll and where you would place teams, not to discuss the validity of the poll. Everyone is aware they don't mean anything. Alright, NOW rant is over...

He also happens to be correct.

I don't disagree with him, but that's not why he said it. It was just to poke at the post I made before him...

edit: I also never said they mattered, just that they were entertaining to me as well as others...

I have a really great idea.

Let's shorten the season and get rid of all this stupid playoff stuff.

Instead, let's have a great big poll, and pick two teams to play one game in early May, two months after the season is over.

Winner gets to say they are national champs.

I love polls.

I have a really great idea.

Let's shorten the season and get rid of all this stupid playoff stuff.

Instead, let's have a great big poll, and pick two teams to play one game in early May, two months after the season is over.

Winner gets to say they are national champs.

I love polls.

seriously... that's brilliant, then we don't have to worry about players getting injured! Wanna make sure they stay healthy for the NHL. Also, then we only have to travel for one game, and our weekends will be freed even more to discuss polls and such. Great idea poo!

I don't disagree with him, but that's not why he said it. It was just to poke at the post I made before him...

edit: I also never said they mattered, just that they were entertaining to me as well as others...

wow. are you sensitive...easy there.....sorry...didnt even read your above post if that makes you feel better..i just flat out replied to the thread topic as thats my view as i have posted in other threads ragarding the same matter...and thx pcm...i am right..hahahahha...sorry cant do smileys on the pocket pc.....

and thx pcm...i am right..hahahahha...

There's a first time for everything. :silly:

If people want to discuss the polls, that's fine. But getting bent out of shape about them is a waste of time because they really don't mean anything. They're just a reflection of a select group's opinion. My guess is that within that group, there are some people who are very well informed about college hockey from top to bottom and some who probably know little beyond what their local team is doing.

Even now the Pairwise sucks. We could be better off in the Pairwaise if we lost to Mankato this weekend and kept them as a TUC. If we sweep Mankato they probably drop out as a TUC and our Pairwise rating drops. Now that is plain stupid!

We want Krach!

We want Krach!

We want Krach!

Even now the Pairwise sucks. We could be better off in the Pairwaise if we lost to Mankato this weekend and kept them as a TUC. If we sweep Mankato they probably drop out as a TUC and our Pairwise rating drops. Now that is plain stupid!

We want Krach!

We want Krach!

We want Krach!

Me Too!

Me Too!

Me Too!