SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MAVERICKS

AZSIOUX

tn_IMG_6866.JPGtn_IMG_6628.JPGtn_IMG_7308.JPG

SIOUX are 3-0-1 vs MSU this season. Sioux are red hot since holiday break. Maybe the best team in college hockey. Lets get to the Final 5 and do some damage!! GO SIOUX

SIOUX, 6th in the Pairwise Rankings with .003 bonus

Overall Record: 19-12-5 (.597)

WCHA: 13-10-5, 31 points

Home: 8-7-4

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MAVERICKS GOALIES

Mike Zacharias, So GP-24 10-8-6 GAA 2.92 SV%.897

Chris Clark, Sr GP-4 0-2-0 GAA 3.68 SV% .844

Dan Tormey, So GP-12 3-7-0 GAA 4.26 SV% .857

Their goalies aren't good. Wow, I didn't realize they were this bad.

Now I wish I wasn't going to Vegas until Sunday, I am sure as heck not going to be able to watch the game in Las Vegas, unless my hotel the Mirage has it in the Sports Book. Anyone know if The IP has Sioux games on or not?

Now I wish I wasn't going to Vegas until Sunday, I am sure as heck not going to be able to watch the game in Las Vegas, unless my hotel the Mirage has it in the Sports Book. Anyone know if The IP has Sioux games on or not?

there was really no great connection with watching sioux hockey and the IP really, and its sold i believe so just find a place that can pick up FSSN, hopefully you will find a place...

Upset special: UMD over SCSU: Duluth has the talent, Matt Niskanen is the best defenseman in the country and UMD has some fire power up front. If Geopfert is off UMD has a good shot in this one.

Geopfert may be off for one game, but not two of the three.

Maybe the Imperial Palace will show it for old times sake. That's not much more than across the street from the Mirage-E.

Sweeping MSU would be nice, but knocking them out of the TUC could really hurt. ;)

As of now, the Sioux are enjoying the 3-0-1 record in the TUC, and could be 5-0-1 if MSU stays in. Most other teams want MSU out of the TUC, as they lose to the Sioux by a few %.

Some of the TUC records vs. MSU

SCSU 1-2-1

CC 2-2-0

MTU 0-1-1

ND 1-1-0

UW 1-1-0

DU 1-0-1

UMTC 3-0-1

UND 3-0-1 can be 5-0-1 with sweep. :lol:

It'd be a shame if they fell out of the TUC. I see that to be in there you have to be in the top 25 in the RPI. Mankato's at 23rd right now.

On the other hand according to the KRACH, Mankato's #18 and has played the toughest schedule in college hockey. I'd give them a good chance against any tournament team from the EZAC or the EZCCHA (ok that doesn't work).

Seems kinda unfair should UND win the series and then drop down because Mankato is no longer a TUC. UND shouldn't be punished in the PWR because of having to play a team in the playoffs and beating them.

We can hope that the teams under Mankato also lose two games next weekend.

So would Mankato losing two games this weekend drop them when those teams may be done? Mankato's fought us to the third time before and that may not be a bad thing not that we would play for that.

PAIRWSIE. whatever, we are in the ncaa's. we are the best team in the nation right now. screw messing around and worrying about them as a tuc. we need to go out and throttle them and go do some damage i the final 5.

DUNCS 4 HOBEY

PAIRWSIE. whatever, we are in the ncaa's. we are the best team in the nation right now. screw messing around and worrying about them as a tuc. we need to go out and throttle them and go do some damage i the final 5.

Yep. Screw worrying about the TUCs. This time of year, the Sioux just need to win the games they have to play and everything takes care of itself.

DUNCS 4 HOBEY

Also yep. :lol:

We'll have four teams ending their season tonight, in game three of series.

#25 W. Mich. hosts Alaska

#29 Lake State hosts Ferris

#31 Ohio State hosts N. Mich.

#32 Princeton hosts Brown

The Sioux need to host teams to lose tonight, to drop/stay out of the RPI top 25. Thus protecting MSU at or around #23 for the time being.

#30 RIT is the highest team done for the season as of this point.

Exactly. Too many teams *cough*Minnesota*cough* cough*St. Cloud*cough seem be wrapped up in where they are and what games "matter" or not. I hope our guys keep playing each game like it really matters, and it could be their last this season because at some time they'll be right.