SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ ST. CLOUD

AZSIOUX

tn_IMG_2517.JPGtn_IMG_2164.jpgtn_IMG_2226.jpg

Both teams playing GREAT hockey overall. Big time games that could do wonders for the Sioux in the pairwise rankings and WCHA standing. Lets grab that 3rd place spot with some points and help from CC.

oh yeah...........DUNCAN 4 HOBEY

SIOUX - 9TH IN THE PAIRWISE WITH .003 BONUS

Overall Record: 18-12-4 (.588)

WCHA: 12-10-4, 28 points

Home: 8-7-4

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was brought up on USCHO, but if St Cloud wins on Friday (hope they don't) they'll have 36 points... and if Minnesota loses on Friday they will have 37 points. In that case, where would they take the McNaughton Cup? To St Cloud, or to Houghton?

It was brought up on USCHO, but if St Cloud wins on Friday (hope they don't) they'll have 36 points... and if Minnesota loses on Friday they will have 37 points. In that case, where would they take the McNaughton Cup? To St Cloud, or to Houghton?

Wow I thought Minnesota had it in the bag...guess not.

that will not be easy

Under my scenario, it might not be as difficult as some think. On Friday night, what if :

1. UND beats SCSU
  2. Minnesota beats MTU
  3. CC beats DU
This would mean that Minnesota wins the league title outright and SCSU is assured of second, no matter what. UND would move into third place, one point ahead of Denver. The Saturday night game would mean little to the Huskies, but would be very important for the Sioux. Who knows? Maybe Motzko would give Goepfert the night off.

Under that scenario, a Saturday win for the Sioux would assure them of third place, no matter what happens with CC and DU.

ill be making the trip down to st cloud. ive grown up watching the huskies and now im a converted sioux fan, but to be honest the way both teams are playing right now, im gonna have to give st cloud a sweep. their overall play is just so much better than the siouxs. and the national hockey center is going to be PACKED for this weekend and extremely loud. but given the siouxs better than par away performances its going to be close. i still however have to give the sweep to st cloud, theyre just too hungry for that cup in my eyes..

ill be making the trip down to st cloud. ive grown up watching the huskies and now im a converted sioux fan, but to be honest the way both teams are playing right now, im gonna have to give st cloud a sweep. their overall play is just so much better than the siouxs. and the national hockey center is going to be PACKED for this weekend and extremely loud. but given the siouxs better than par away performances its going to be close. i still however have to give the sweep to st cloud, theyre just too hungry for that cup in my eyes..

We took it to the gophers in Minneapolis and swept them. Anything is possible in these two games. Hopefully our team goes down there and plays with the same fire they had when they swept MN. MN couldn't skate with us in 5 on 5 hockey that weekend...

For the first time and probably not the last, here is the link to the video webcast for next weekend. Costs like $7/game.

The minimum requirements, directions, and test files are here.

How can SCSU allow the broadcast to take place? The Fighting Sioux logo will no doubt burn a hole in anyones computer screen who watches this broadcast...unless they can somehow blur it like they do for their media guides and other pictures on the campus of anti-Semitism U.

Big weekend coming up!

An interesting thought. However, the games are at The John, not at The Mac.

I have no problem with the Gophers taking the Anchor.

Geez, this league tough, near top to bottom.

College hockey season is in full bloom. Best time of the year, by far.

For the first time and probably not the last, here is the link to the video webcast for next weekend. Costs like $7/game.

Interesting, but, if its anything like last nights webcast, Id rather eat my seven dollars with some ranch:) I wonder how good it will be and if too many people get it if it'll be a lost cause. That was obviously the issue last night Im sure

Wow, 3rd to -8th place are still undecided. 6 teams, one weekend, what is going to happen! As much as I hatedislike the goofs, I think it will benefit us a little more if they at least split with Tech wont it? Although we sweep, that solves all of are problems but that probably will not be the case.

The only way we could take third place though would be for DU and CC to split and we sweep :D CC sweeping would not be good(we must win at least one in this case). Tech sweeping the goofs, also not good(probably wont happen). Honestly we cant win the cup so who cares. So set the bar high, and lets go for third and not have to even think about playing the play in game in the FF. Could it be yet another minnesota state/ Sioux playoff!?!? :D

Thanks for the info. Glad to know that I'll be able to watch the last season series on the internet. The Denver webcast worked really well for me and had no delays or problems so I'm hoping that St. Clown's is just as good when you have to pay $7 versus the Denver one being free >.>

thinkin about maybe havin a keggar or somtin and watchin these games on the big screen.. 5 bucks a cup? pm me if interested

Heck of a deal! He'll tap the keg at noon, be passed out by 5p.m....anyone showing up after that gets free beer and to watch the Sioux on big screen! :D