SiouxSports.com Forum

The Beanpot

The Whistler

Because it's Monday, and I REALLY don't feel like reading any more about DUIs and minors...

Can anybody who has access tell how the BU-Northeastern game is going? Apparently this game wasn't worthy of the gametracker.

Looks like BU won 4-0; second game not yet underway.

So I watched most of the third period. For a game to be huge in the Boston market with 55 years of tradition they can't even sell 50% of the tickets in the lower bowl. In the seats you see as the game progresses ~10 rows up I'd guess it's 60% empty seats.

To me that really makes the point that this tournament is nothing but media hype.

I can't fault the effort on the players they're playing their hearts out. My last observation is that out East they don't necessarily call everything.

So I watched most of the third period. For a game to be huge in the Boston market with 55 years of tradition they can't even sell 50% of the tickets in the lower bowl. In the seats you see as the game progresses ~10 rows up I'd guess it's 60% empty seats.

To me that really makes the point that this tournament is nothing but media hype.

I can't fault the effort on the players they're playing their hearts out. My last observation is that out East they don't necessarily call everything.

The tickets are all sold . . . it's one admission for both games, and most people don't stay for both. The BU and Northeastern students will stay, but the general population will only attend the game of the team they root for. BC fans show up late to their own games so why would they stay and or come early.

The tickets are all sold . . . it's one admission for both games, and most people don't stay for both. The BU and Northeastern students will stay, but the general population will only attend the game of the team they root for. BC fans show up late to their own games so why would they stay and or come early.

Hmmmmm.....Can anyone name another metro-area hockey fan base that follows that tourney attendance pattern?

Thanks for the clarification, but ah does that really change the point. Point of fact during last years regional we all attended all three games of the tournament.

Thanks for the clarification, but ah does that really change the point. Point of fact during last years regional we all attended all three games of the tournament.

Take into account that it's also a Monday night . . . and my point is that you all say that the Beanpot is overhyped by the media and everyone that actually cares about it. My point is that this is a tradition and that is why it receives attention from those that care about it, I don't see how this tournament is "hyped" anymore than say the GLI or Denver Cup. Plus these games are played on Mondays what the hell else is there to talk about in college hockey besides those rankings that come out and mean nothing :D

so is it better for the sioux if BC wins or BU wins?

I believe if both BU and BC win their trap games before the final on Monday, UND will benefit the most in the PWR if . . . BC wins.

Take into mind, the only other games I factored in to this presumption were a sweep of Mankato as I have a life and I don't want to or care to go through the endless permutations of pairwise comparisons.

Nothing too major, just a few comments/jabs at our trio for their recent run in with the law. Wouldn't go for them anyway. I'll cheer for Northeastern as every year! ;) My favorite comment/question on their board was "Is the legal drinking age 21 in ND?" :angry: "Ah yeah buddy, that's a federal law. Nice education you be gettin there at BC!" :sad:

Drinking age is mandated by the state, not federal government.

Drinking age is mandated by the state, not federal government.

Strictly speaking, it is mandated by state law. However, if it isn't at least 21, you lose federal highway transportation funds, so by default the minimum is set by the federal government.