SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie, Toews, Bina trouble

proudsioux

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is all i have to say until I see the news cause I missed them at 6

I'm just posting based on what I heard. I hope I got it right. If I can find a link to some information online, I'll post it.

If you go here and click on the 6 p.m. newscast, the story about Bina is the first one on.

thanks, I got it. From what I understood, it sounds like he would only spend 10 days in jail and I think that it doesn't have to be all at once. I was trying to read about it and I think that it said that it could be broken up.

thanks, I got it. From what I understood, it sounds like he would only spend 10 days in jail and I think that it doesn't have to be all at once. I was trying to read about it and I think that it said that it could be broken up.

It's still ten days in jail... and how do you get a DUI at 1:30 in the afternoon???

EDIT: It was a Saturday...

;) Well ... 3 steps forward and 2 steps back for the this team .... unreal that this had to happen at this time. This is the kind of thing that destroys all the momentum that this team worked so hard to achive ... I hope it doesn't happen ... but I think it will be hard for the team to recover from this and make a push to post season.

Hak ... if you got any more rabbits left in your hat .... grab for one QUICK!!

We didn't need this C.R.A.P ???

The article states that he could spend 10 days in jail. Nothing definite yet. We'll have to see if Robbie has an argument as to why he shouldn't spend the time. Regardless, it's definitely something this team didn't need right now. Oh well, just a little more adversity to climb over on our way to another playoff run! ???

Apparently WDASShole news director cassie waldor does not think it is newsworthy. Only things that make good kids look bad. Supermarket Tabloid news. Congratulations cassie, I hope you win another award for this excellence in journalism. You're nothing but a joke.

Yeah, what the h*ll is a local TV station doing reporting this, its not news. They should double the time they spend on weather.

bina is a friken idiot if he did open the door to the cop car to try to let them out, probation from a dui then this wont help, oshie and toews will be fine, doesnt sound good for bina....jail or not, probably not the smartest move

and this wont effect team chemistry, thats funny, sh#$ happens, move on..............

agreed AZ. i don't think this incident will shake the team's momentum from last weekend. if anything, it might make them focus more on the task at hand now that they'll have to think twice before popping a few brews after a big weekend.

I realize that tonight's story on WDAZ was mostly about Bina but they still rehashed the details of Oshie and Toews citations. What I am wondering is if the news has ever mentioned that there were more than just those two cited for minors? I haven't heard it but maybe someone else has. Maybe Bina's story is a bit more newsworthy than the whole minor situation, but it still is sick when the local news chooses to take a non story about well known people and run with it, while PCM has the entire GFPD on his block and it doesn't make the news at all. ???

Even if Bina is found guilty of a probation violation, they could sentence him to 10 days but they may give him less and you still get to serve 2/3rds and get out early for good behavior. So he'd probably only end up with a couple days and it could be in three months.

If what I have read is even half true - he will plead guilty to this and serve little if any time

I realize that tonight's story on WDAZ was mostly about Bina but they still rehashed the details of Oshie and Toews citations. What I am wondering is if the news has ever mentioned that there were more than just those two cited for minors? I haven't heard it but maybe someone else has. Maybe Bina's story is a bit more newsworthy than the whole minor situation, but it still is sick when the local news chooses to take a non story about well known people and run with it, while PCM has the entire GFPD on his block and it doesn't make the news at all. ???

I'm not sure if you are asking if there were more hockey players cited or if there were more people in general cited... but in a newspaper article from The Herald Bina Article not this one, but this one mentions it as well... there were four other, non-hockey players who were also cited.

Edit: According to this newspaper article Bina could face up to 30 days in jail... not sure which number is right

I'm not sure if you are asking if there were more hockey players cited or if there were more people in general cited... but in a newspaper article from The Herald Bina Article not this one, but this one mentions it as well... there were four other, non-hockey players who were also cited.

Edit: According to this newspaper article Bina could face up to 30 days in jail... not sure which number is right

Yeah I was talking about others being cited. I believe both the herald and inforum had articles mentioning that more people were cited, but I haven't heard a peep from WDAZ.

Tools... ???