SiouxSports.com Forum

CSTV

Displaced Nodak

Did anyone else choose to watch the game on CSTV over FSN? I don't live in Sioux Country anymore and I pretty much only get Gopher games (WCHA teams anyway) for college hockey. Thankfully I was at least able to watch one Sioux game this year without it having to be done by Frank Mazzocco. But you can bet I turned it back to FSN to watch Gophers Live and see what they had to say then. Of course there was "they needed the points more than us blah, blah, blah..." and "did you see how many underclassmen we had out there tonight blah, blah, blah..." and "we had five players still recovering from Sweden blah, blah, blah." I can only imgaine how the rest of the game sounded on FSN. Of course these sentiments don't include Doug Woog. Probably the classiest guy (outside of Herb Brooks) to ever be associated with Gopher Hockey.

Let the stretch drive to title number eight begin!!!

Did anyone else choose to watch the game on CSTV over FSN? I don't live in Sioux Country anymore and I pretty much only get Gopher games (WCHA teams anyway) for college hockey. Thankfully I was at least able to watch one Sioux game this year without it having to be done by Frank Mazzocco. But you can bet I turned it back to FSN to watch Gophers Live and see what they had to say then. Of course there was "they needed the points more than us blah, blah, blah..." and "did you see how many underclassmen we had out there tonight blah, blah, blah..." and "we had five players still recovering from Sweden blah, blah, blah." I can only imgaine how the rest of the game sounded on FSN. Of course these sentiments don't include Doug Woog. Probably the classiest guy (outside of Herb Brooks) to ever be associated with Gopher Hockey.

Let the stretch drive to title number eight begin!!!

Yeah that was about it there was almost always an exuse for everthing Peltier got tripped nocked briggs out of position. Puck was bouncing only when Jeff needed to make a save

Yeah that was about it there was almost always an exuse for everthing Peltier got tripped nocked briggs out of position. Puck was bouncing only when Jeff needed to make a save

We watched the game on CSTV too, but switched over to FSN with about 10 min left to hear the excuses start rolling . . . :ohmy:

Did CSTV give our boys props on the broadcast ?

Yes. They really liked the play of UND in the Sat game. The one announcer said that it was the best team performance that they had seen all season (even despite all the penalties).

I don't get into the ref-bashing much, but both announcers commented a few times about how plays that UND were getting penalized for...the Gophers weren't. They were confused by that.

But they did a really nice job overall. Very complimentary toward the Sioux and especially the DOT line, Chorney, Bina, and Lammy.

Although you can't know what's going to be called with the inconsistency of the likes of Adam, little Shep; Campion's calls this weekend seemed to follow the rules "NHL like" at one end, and "let em play" call nothing at the other. It had to be unbelievably obvious to anyone not partial to either team. If this is the best there is in college hockey (McCleod interview on Friday), then we are in trouble. Can't be surprised by any Goph that would think these were well called games, they won't lose much with Campion at the helm. Can't be a real good deal for them, in that somewhere down the road they won't be able to throw punches after the whistle, wrap both arms around people and throw them down, and run goalies without being sent to the box. It will be hard to instantly change the way they play when they run into a non-WCHA referee.

Didn't see much of the Mankato series games with the fiasco between the coaches/Campion afterward, just assumed that it was the way Mankato plays the game that led to the disparity. After watching this weekend, I'm no longer sure that's true.

Although you can't know what's going to be called with the inconsistency of the likes of Adam, little Shep; Campion's calls this weekend seemed to follow the rules "NHL like" at one end, and "let em play" call nothing at the other. It had to be unbelievably obvious to anyone not partial to either team. If this is the best there is in college hockey (McCleod interview on Friday), then we are in trouble. Can't be surprised by any Goph that would think these were well called games, they won't lose much with Campion at the helm. Can't be a real good deal for them, in that somewhere down the road they won't be able to throw punches after the whistle, wrap both arms around people and throw them down, and run goalies without being sent to the box. It will be hard to instantly change the way they play when they run into a non-WCHA referee.

Didn't see much of the Mankato series games with the fiasco between the coaches/Campion afterward, just assumed that it was the way Mankato plays the game that led to the disparity. After watching this weekend, I'm no longer sure that's true.

My 63 year old mother watched the game on saturday night and called and asked if the refs make UND play 20% harder for a win then any other team. She even thought the reffing was horrible. She is not what I would call an expert at all, jsut watched because I made a big deal about the game.

Did he say that on KFAN or FSN?

:lol:

Oh, yeah...

:ohmy:

Silly Question...

:D

You are correct that is a silly question. I wish Trump could have brought him on the Apprentice just so we could have heard him look at him and say "You're Fired". Yes it was on KFAN.

Yes. They really liked the play of UND in the Sat game. The one announcer said that it was the best team performance that they had seen all season (even despite all the penalties).

I don't get into the ref-bashing much, but both announcers commented a few times about how plays that UND were getting penalized for...the Gophers weren't. They were confused by that.

But they did a really nice job overall. Very complimentary toward the Sioux and especially the DOT line, Chorney, Bina, and Lammy.

I watch the CSTV via webcast. The $15.00 was worth it for that game.

I agree with everything stated. I also like the fact that they seemed to show more stats of interest (even specific player stats and comparisons), along with highlights and scores from other college hockey games. More so than FSN and much more so than FSSN.

Announcers seemed to be balanced and knowledgable. The quality of the webcast was pretty good also.

I watch the CSTV via webcast. The $15.00 was worth it for that game.

I agree with everything stated. I also like the fact that they seemed to show more stats of interest (even specific player stats and comparisons), along with highlights and scores from other college hockey games. More so than FSN and much more so than FSSN.

Announcers seemed to be balanced and knowledgable. The quality of the webcast was pretty good also.

I do believe that the saturday game is going to be re-broadcast tomorrow at 2pm on either ESPNU or CSTV. My Tivo is going to record it. So that will be fun to watch again and again and again.

Thanks for the adds brian and kfah ............. it is nice to hear that good announcers can call a

game like it is and be unbias (sp) about it . Woog and Maz thought the calls were good and Tim

and Tim thought we were getting shafted all weekend ........... I tend to think it was somewhere inbetween. ;)

I seem to remember the announcers saying how dangerous the Sioux were when they were at full strength and added something to effect that nobody ever wants to play a WCHA team in the playoffs let alone a rolling UND, Minnesota, Wisconsin or Denver team. They were quick to recognize that the Sioux have a tendancy to come on around this point of the season and make a push for the title. The one guy thought it was a product of the system due to us losing so many players before they reach their junior and senior seasons. He said that it's about right for a team loaded with talent to take half a season to get acquainted with each other and gel. They couldn't stop raving about the top line saying that they were at or near the top in the nation regardless of what the stats indicate. If Toews, Oshie and Duncan keep going at a 20 point weekend pace they will be absolutely lethal come playoff time.

By the way...am I the only one that feels we should have jumped to at least number 10 in the country when you consider that even though we are fifth in our conference (the SEC of college hockey), just swept the "number one" team in the country in their barn and have a PWR of 7?

Last thought: my hope is that we continue this crazed roll and make a charge for an at lest top seven ranking then have a really tough game from someone that we should beat pretty handly. It seems like that would be just enough to give the boys a "second wind" for the final drive. Just a little something to instill that reminder that anyone can beat anyone in college hockey.

Keep grinding boys.

By the way...am I the only one that feels we should have jumped to at least number 10 in the country when you consider that even though we are fifth in our conference (the SEC of college hockey), just swept the "number one" team in the country in their barn and have a PWR of 7?

Scratch that, I was going off of the PWR that CSTV had on the broadcast. After looking at it again, it should have been the RPI was at 7; which obviously changes from week to week depending on what your previous competition did. My bad, I'll be sure to double check this info before posting on it in the future.