SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MSU MAVERICKS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have the week off either after MSUM or between the DU and SCSU tilts.

We're playing so well right now that I get worried about what week off might do to us.

Mankato has some firepower (Morin who is in my opinion the best player in WCHA and maybe the NCAA). Their goaltending has also improved.

Sioux should sweep though with how well they are playing.

Mankato always seems to play very hard, and hard working teams give themselves a chance. Still, I expect the Sioux to take 2 tough fought games. Hopefully the Sioux won't lose what they've learned the last few weeks with the week off.

This is my Grand Forks weekend, so I'm looking forward to good performances.

I would not expect 4 points from Mankato, especially given that they always play the Sioux tough. I have Mankato season tickets and they are always inconsistent except, in most cases, when they play the Sioux. Then, they are consistently pretty tough. Travis Morin is one of the top 3 players in the WCHA, in my opinion. Zacharias is a good goalie. As I am from Western ND, I have an ND bias but I like Mankato too and it is always tough. I hope ND makes a strong push but they will need to be on their "A" game to sweep Mankato, especially since Jutting's job status is very precarious. Jutting is a pretty good coach and he is really a pretty nice guy too, despite his recent antics, but I do see Blais coming here next year. All of the stars are aligned properly. Jutting is at the end of his contract, Blais wants to come back to college hockey, MSUM would be a good challenge for him as it is a fairly nascent program in need of some sound recruiting to establish a more solid foot hold in the league.

Mankato has some firepower (Morin who is in my opinion the best player in WCHA and maybe the NCAA).

IMO every game a healthy Jonny T. plays down the stretch will reveal more and more clearly that he is the best player in the country. At age 18. Whether he carries the puck in 1-on-2 or 1-on-3, he makes shifty little moves to avoid the defense and get the puck safely in the zone. When he comes in 2-on-1 (Bina) or 2-on-2 (Oshie), look out.

I predict a good amount of dirty play by Mankato to counter the team speed and talent of UND. I also predict that there will be a big fight and a game misconduct. But this being Mankato, is easy to predict...

I predict Jutting will whine and cry from the bench like a five year old, and probably draw a penalty thus inspiring his team to be even more thuggish. :lol::ohmy:

I'm glad that the Sioux are playing MSU-Mankato coming off the big sweep of Minnesota and an off week. There should be plenty of players who remember that the Mavs were a game away from ending UND's season last year and how hard they had to work to prevent that from happening. They shouldn't have a problem getting fired up for this series.

I'm glad that the Sioux are playing MSU-Mankato coming off the big sweep of Minnesota and an off week. There should be plenty of players who remember that the Mavs were a game away from ending UND's season last year and how hard they had to work to prevent that from happening. They shouldn't have a problem getting fired up for this series.

Hey Pat since your the pseudo arena reporter can you bring it up so the players are aware of it? :ohmy:

Just thinking, maybe during one of your pre series interviews.

Hey Pat since your the pseudo arena reporter can you bring it up so the players are aware of it? :ohmy:

Just thinking, maybe during one of your pre series interviews.

If they need me to remind them, we're in trouble.

Mankato always seems to play very hard, and hard working teams give themselves a chance. Still, I expect the Sioux to take 2 tough fought games. Hopefully the Sioux won't lose what they've learned the last few weeks with the week off.

This is my Grand Forks weekend, so I'm looking forward to good performances.

Yeah, but you're bringing SoDak Sioux Fan with. I don't know if that bodes well for our team! ???

Who to root for next weekend...CC or SCSU? hmmmm.. Denver will lose too! ??? That would be nice

SCSU, C.C. has played two more games than the Sioux and they are 6 games out. If they get sweep and the Sioux sweep we have 2 points to make up with two games in hand. I don't think UND has a chance to catch SCSU.

That's what you get for picking on old people. ;);)

Nah, they don't care about that. It's when I pick on short people that they get upset. Evidently short people can pick on me without getting a warning though. At least here everyone who is involved in things gets warned. Speaking of that, it's amazing how I've never even gotten warned here. ???

That's because SiouxSports.com is all about tolerance and diversity. ;)

I agree with that statement, on other sites they will pull the plug for one stupid comment. Warning will be issued and any further violations will result in a termination of that person's posting rights. Many of us would be gone already, a long time ago. ;)