SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux @ Gophers

Eskimos

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every rink is 200 feet long. The width is the only different (85 feet vs. 100 feet).

Bina was about 2-3 feet in front of the Sioux goal red line, and the goal is 15 feet in front of the redline (per the NCAA rulebook).

So that makes it: 200 feet - 15 feet - 15 feet - 2 feet = 168 foot goal.

So you're saying the goals aren't lodged against the end boards :glare:

Every rink is 200 feet long. The width is the only different (85 feet vs. 100 feet).

Bina was about 2-3 feet in front of the Sioux goal red line, and the goal is 15 feet in front of the redline (per the NCAA rulebook).

Oh, well, then, don't bother. it wasn't that much. :glare:

WOW!

What a sweep in convincing style!

During the second period TH said The Sioux were ahead 4-0 if you took out the time out of the box.

Well, we did REALLY good tonight.

I believe Ryan Duncan will get WCHA POTW honors again.

Toews and Oshie were great!

Fabian did a good job and Zajac had his moments. Still don't know about that dumb penalty he took in the first.

WAY too many penalties still. And I'll say it again, the penalties the Sioux got called on them during the first period were legit IMO. Don't know about the 2nd and 3rd.

The Sioux are now 8-1-1 in their last ten games. Wow have they ever turned things around! In their eight college games before that they had just one win.

As someone already posted, the turn around was Kaip's helmet off, gloves thrown down beating on the UAA player that marked the start of the up sweep!!

*they're all college games*

As someone already posted, the turn around was Kaip's helmet off, gloves thrown down beating on the UAA player that marked the start of the up sweep!!

*they're all college games*

That's one of the reasons for sure.

I also think they simplified their defensive strategies and that has paid dividends.

really hate to say it but the DECC in Duluth is only 190 feet long (190x83) :glare:

Anyone catch John Hill's (gopher assistant coach) interview after the game? (Don Lucifer was too good to be interviewed I guess)

This guy was full of excuses about the team being young, the team being tired from the World Juniors, the gravitational pull of the moon on 1-27-07, etc.

How about the 3 Sioux players who were in Sweden at the WJC? How about how young the Fighting Sioux are? Anyhow, I just thought it was typical UMN-TC propaganda when Hill was interviewed. You got beat, admit it like a man. Nice tie too, I think all he was missing was the red nose and the flower that squirts water.

Sweep!

Anyone catch John Hill's (gopher assistant coach) interview after the game? (Don Lucifer was too good to be interviewed I guess)

This guy was full of excuses about the team being young, the team being tired from the World Juniors, the gravitational pull of the moon on 1-27-07, etc.

How about the 3 Sioux players who were in Sweden at the WJC? How about how young the Fighting Sioux are? Anyhow, I just thought it was typical UMN-TC propaganda when Hill was interviewed. You got beat, admit it like a man. Nice tie too, I think all he was missing was the red nose and the flower that squirts water.

Sweep!

Yeah the asst must be SCHOOLED ON HOMEICE's cousin....what an azz clown :glare:

Yeah the asst must be SCHOOLED ON HOMEICE's cousin....what an azz clown :glare:

Lucia = Classless piece of sh*t..... Hey Donny Boy be a stand up guy FOR ONCE and admit your pansy team was schooled by a harder working team...

Sweep!

What, have young Erik and Ogopogo been a little bit cranky when the Don tucks them in at night?

Sweep!

EVERYONE listening knows he was talking out of his a$$.

Before anyone gets too carried away bashing Lucia for not being on TV after the game, I recall a series Minnesota swept at the Ralph after which Blais sent out Hakstol to talk to the media.

Hey now!!! Don't try to befuddle us with facts!!! We're having to much fun!! :glare:

Lucia = Classless piece of sh*t..... Hey Donny Boy be a stand up guy FOR ONCE and admit your pansy team was schooled by a harder working team...

Shouldn't you be celebrating the sweep instead of whining about Lucia giving props to the Sioux?

The Sioux looked fantastic tonight. They looked much better in person than they did on TV, and they looked pretty damn good last night on TV.

Robby Bina and Duncan are brilliant.