SiouxSports.com Forum

WJC

sprig

TOEWS already getting ink

http://tsn.ca/

http://tsn.ca/world_jrs/news_story/?ID=190697&hubname=

Jonathan Toews of the University of North Dakota scored three times in the shootout, including the winning goal.

Canadian goaltender Carey Price stopped U.S. forward Peter Mueller after Toews's final goal to end the shootout 5-4 in favour of the defending champions.

Bryan Little of the Barrie Colts and Michigan's Andrew Cogliano also scored in extra shots.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see where your team winds up at the end of the year. Then you can tell me all about how great they are.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that the Goofer goalie that Toews lit up in the shootout?

Nobody was talking about long island frazee, you chose Okposo and EJ as your scapegoat's.

We'll see where your team winds up at the end of the year. Then you can tell me all about how great they are.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that the Goofer goalie that Toews lit up in the shootout?

Hey, Vegas, open your eyes, take a look at my avatar, and you'll know who my team is. I just find it amusing that you're already proclaiming Toews as the next Gretzky or Howe. I want to see him do well and certainly hope he has as successful an NHL career as Steve Yzerman, but you never know. Whether it's the NBA, NHL, MLB, or NFL, the draft is a crap shoot. Draft position isn't a guarantee of success, even though apparently you think it is.

I'm proud of the US effort in this game. Even when the Parise group won the gold, Canada pretty well carried the play in that game. I thought this was the best I have seen the US play against Canada in the WJC.

I can't cheer against Toews in a shootout, but I was hoping the US would win with a different Canadian faltering. Toews definitely burned himself into Canada's collective memory with that performance.

Very happy for Toews, but I see no point in bashing his draft-mates, one of whom is one of his best friends.

Hey, Vegas, open your eyes, take a look at my avatar, and you'll know who my team is. I just find it amusing that you're already proclaiming Toews as the next Gretzky or Howe. I want to see him do well and certainly hope he has as successful an NHL career as Steve Yzerman, but you never know. Whether it's the NBA, NHL, MLB, or NFL, the draft is a crap shoot. Draft position isn't a guarantee of success, even though apparently you think it is.

Then you should be happy you got this kid.

I've got to go back to work now. Have a nice day :lol:

Then you should be happy you got this kid.

I've got to go back to work now. Have a nice day :lol:

You've lost me. So if Okposo goes on to score 600 career goals and Toews spends his days playing out the string with the Albany River Rats or the Houston Aeros, you'll still think Toews was better based on his draft-day position?

I think it's possible to be a big fan of Toews and at the same time appreciate the talents of players such as EJ and Okpokso and vice versa without having to rip on one just to boost another. I love seeing guys like Parise do well in the NHL because it speaks highly of both the NCAAs and the WCHA. Unless a guy is a total jerk (trying to think of an example) I want him to succeed no matter where he played college hockey. Toews is awesome and fun to watch and here's to seeing him do well except when playing Minnesota. :lol:

Just got back from watching the game on my brothers new TV. You should be proud of the game team USA turned in given their lack of rest. They exposed Canada's weakness which is goal production. It is somewhat of a shame that such a classic encounter had to be decided in this manner. Two teams loaded with NHL talent on the blueline and solid goaltending played one for the ages. How can Lucy ever start Briggs in another important game. Finally, what could I say about Toews that hasn't already been said. He will surely don the team Canada Jersey in future men's tournaments.

I can't cheer against Toews in a shootout, but I was hoping the US would win with a different Canadian faltering.

Unfortunately Hartsburg didn't give that much chance to happen, by continually sending out Toews. :lol:

I consider myself knowlegable about hockey. I could care less about football and the NFL in particular.

I know character when I see it, and Toews has it. The rest of these guys are just overhyped goofers.

Interesting statements. Let me know when the Red Wings offer you $150K a year to be their primary scout. As far as being knowledgeable, well, you lose a little credibility when you can't spell the word properly.

What's wrong with Taco Bell? No, I don't work there, but that's kind of a condescending attitude. We can't all be movers and shakers on Wall Street.

Nor can we all work in the lucrative field of auto parts sales. :lol:

I think it's possible to be a big fan of Toews and at the same time appreciate the talents of players such as EJ and Okpokso and vice versa without having to rip on one just to boost another. I love seeing guys like Parise do well in the NHL because it speaks highly of both the NCAAs and the WCHA. Unless a guy is a total jerk (trying to think of an example) I want him to succeed no matter where he played college hockey. Toews is awesome and fun to watch and here's to seeing him do well except when playing Minnesota. :lol:

Great post by one of the most reasonable posters! I agree completely.

Nor can we all work in the lucrative field of auto parts sales. :lol:

The parts sales are way down PCM, things aren't looking good. I've talked to the NHL and they are asking us to move the team south.

I might have to sell the team to Taco Bell and move them to New Mexico. I hope you can scrub jocks in the southwestern heat PCM!

The parts sales are way down PCM, things aren't looking good. I've talked to the NHL and they are asking us to move the team south.

I might have to sell the team to Taco Bell and move them to New Mexico. I hope you can scrub jocks in the southwestern heat PCM!

It might require more Grain Belt for him to get the job done in all of that heat.