SiouxSports.com Forum

WJC

sprig

To all the Okposo Goofer fans on this site. Where was he during the shootout? On the bench where he belongs.

Where the hell was E. Johnson during the shootout. I thought he was the second coming.

Toews was the best player selected in last years draft! PERIOD!!!!

Boy, I hope Okposo (and EJ) don't light our asses up like a Fourth of July Firework's show when we play minny this year. A statement like this may look awful stupid. For the record though, Johnny Toews is a world class talent and proves it time and time again.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To all the Okposo Goofer fans on this site. Where was he during the shootout? On the bench where he belongs.

I think they win the game if Okposo is shooting instead of Kane, but hindsight is 20/20 in my case. Incredible performance by Toews. Freakin' Hatrick.

The US had to win the game in the OT. They had better legs and got a PP. You can't leave the outcome to chance which is what they did.

Frazee didn't look like he was comfortable at all in the shootout. I was hoping for a goalie change just to give Toews something else to think about.

Where the hell was E. Johnson during the shootout. I thought he was the second coming.

Toews was the best player selected in last years draft! PERIOD!!!!

Last time I checked, Okposo & co. were both wearing the jersey I wanted to win today...that of the USA.

You won't know for another 5-7 years whether or not Toews was the best player selected in last year's draft. Give me a break.

I think they win the game if Okposo is shooting instead of Kane, but hindsight is 20/20 in my case. Incredible performance by Toews. Freakin' Hatrick.

The US had to win the game in the OT. They had better legs and got a PP. You can't leave the outcome to chance which is what they did.

Frazee didn't look like he was comfortable at all in the shootout. I was hoping for a goalie change just to give Toews something else to think about.

Surprise Rolston didn't use more of his skilled forwards, especially Okposo, in the shootout. On the other hand there were not many saves by either goalie in the shootout.

Boy, I hope Okposo (and EJ) don't light our asses up like a Fourth of July Firework's show when we play minny this year. A statement like this may look awful stupid. For the record though, Johnny Toews is a world class talent and proves it time and time again.

The only thing that is stupid is thinking that these guys are even close to Toews in overall talent. Toews has something these guys don't have, he can perform under pressure. Always has, always will. Okpokso played second fiddle to Toews at Shattuck. You better believe that Okpokso and gang are scared sheitless at what is coming.

Belarus has just sent Germany back to pool B next year with a 3-1 win.

Hope the US doesn't play the bronze medal game like a meaningless third place game :lol:

A few of the USA team mates probably need to purge the idea that the third place game doesn't matter. A bronze would be a nice start.

There is no doubt Toews is a great player. However Okposo has been the best freshman in the country this year and the best forward on the #1 team in the country. I do not see how anyone can be critical of him. Tough loss for the US. I was really hoping they could pull it out and settle the Canadian hockey ego. Must have really been a great game.....I just wish it would have been settled on the ice and not a shoot out.

...You better believe that Okpokso and gang are scared sheitless at what is coming...

Yeah watching Okposo around 20 times this year, he does look a little timid at times. :lol:

Congrats your team won, but chirping about Okposo is silly. I'm guessing you know that though.

Yeah watching Okposo around 20 times this year, he does look a little timid at times. :lol:

Congrats your team won, but chirping about Okposo is silly. I'm guessing you know that though.

I am a die hard Sioux fan...but there is no doubt Okposo is a man among boys even as a freshman. He will probably score at least 25 goals this year and that includes missing games because of this tourney. He has more goals than all of our freshman combined.

The only thing that is stupid is thinking that these guys are even close to Toews in overall talent. Toews has something these guys don't have, he can perform under pressure. Always has, always will. Okpokso played second fiddle to Toews at Shattuck. You better believe that Okpokso and gang are scared sheitless at what is coming.

Better take a look at what is happening in the WCHA this year. I believe JT is on pace for what 8 goals? I'm pretty sure Okposo has outperformed him in the stat's book so far (I really hate to use stat's as a measuring tool as different players play different roles, ect.) When it comes right down to it wins matter, Okposo and the goophs have them, and JT and co. don't. W's and L's are where it's at, and Okposo has been a big part of minny's success this year, like it or not.

Better take a look at what is happening in the WCHA this year. I believe JT is on pace for what 8 goals? I'm pretty sure Okposo has outperformed him in the stat's book so far (I really hate to use stat's as a measuring tool as different players play different roles, ect.) When it comes right down to it wins matter, Okposo and the goophs have them, and JT and co. don't. W's and L's are where it's at, and Okposo has been a big part of minny's success this year, like it or not.

JT will miss 8-10 games overall so stats will be way down. there is no reason comparing numbers. they are both GREAT and will be i the NHL when both teams are done in april :lol:

JT will miss 8-10 games overall so stats will be way down. there is no reason comparing numbers. they are both GREAT and will be i the NHL when both teams are done in april :lol:

Okposo is missing games as well. That's why I said, I don't like to compare players using stats. But you cannot deny Okposo has been a big part of minny's success this year. Much like Toews and The Oshie last year.

Vegas, my guess is that you're also one of the "experts" who figured that Ron Powlus, Ryan Leaf, Andre Ware, and Akili Smith would make great NFL quarterbacks, too.

Okposo is missing games as well. That's why I said, I don't like to compare players using stats. But you cannot deny Okposo has been a big part of minny's success this year. Much like Toews and The Oshie last year.

i agree, okposo will miss 4 games due to wjt, toews 6 plus injury this season. both are great bottom line. i hate to see canada win but if 1 player could have sniped long island frazee im glad it was toews :lol:

Vegas, my guess is that you're also one of the "experts" who figured that Ron Powlus, Ryan Leaf, Andre Ware, and Akili Smith would make great NFL quarterbacks, too.

I consider myself knowlegable about hockey. I could care less about football and the NFL in particular.

I know character when I see it, and Toews has it. The rest of these guys are just overhyped goofers.

Some of you are right that sometimes scoring stats don't matter. If you check you'll see that Meuller is ahead of Toews in the scoring race at the World Juniors. However, would anybody seriously take Mueller over Toews? I'll also bet that Toews has a better +/- which if you know anything about the game, that stat does matter! At least, if you want to stick in the NHL.

I guess when your own team is mired in the lower tier of the conference, that's all you can do is pick apart the team in first place. :lol:

We'll see where your team winds up at the end of the year. Then you can tell me all about how great they are.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that the Goofer goalie that Toews lit up in the shootout?

I consider myself knowlegable about hockey. I could care less about football and the NFL in particular.

I know character when I see it, and Toews has it. The rest of these guys are just overhyped goofers.

Some of you are right that sometimes scoring stats don't matter. If you check you'll see that Meuller is ahead of Toews in the scoring race at the World Juniors. However, would anybody seriously take Mueller over Toews? I'll also bet that Toews has a better +/- which if you know anything about the game, that stat does matter! At least, if you want to stick in the NHL.

Well, I hope and pray that those over-hyped goopher's don't embarrass the hell out of us when we play them down in minny. As for meuller, you may be right, he is not in Johnny's league.