SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ COLORADO COLLEGE

AZSIOUX

I agree with one game at a time. Where I'd love to see two wins in CO this weekend, I'll be happy if we get one. A tough team on the road, while still missing 3 important members of the team, while CC's missing 1.

I think if we sweep all most all of our games at home and at least split or better on the road I think we will be ok.

If I remember right we lost about 16-17 games the last two seasons. I think making the Final Five would be a realistic goal this season. But there has to be a gut check on this team. There are far too many good players for us to be a crappy team.

Defensively we were supposed to be good. I think Chorney will light it up in the second half, his play impressed me. Of the two American WJC players from UND Chroney stood out as a top performer for team USA and was playing with the Johnson boys at the end of the tourney, his goal against Canada was huge. That leadership has to translate back to UND if they are going to be successful. The pressure/urgency the USA team members experienced by almost not making the medal round has to be brought back to UND and passed on to the other players. I think the three that left have under achieved this season but there is a lot of hocey left.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish we would put a little more effort out there in getting some video feeds for sioux games. The radio is better than nothing but common now, its 2007! I guarantee that if they threw an extra penny on students already high excess fees, they could pay for this easily!

I wish we would but a little more effort out there in getting some video feeds for sioux games. The radio is better than nothing but common now, its 2007! I guarantee that if they threw an extra penny on students already high excess fees, they could pay for this easily!

Thats a big 10-04 on that, this is pathetic. UND is a top program in division one hockey and the media around here treats it like an after thought. The paper does ok, but the television coverage sucks, there is no reason there isn't a weekly show on Sioux hockey like they do with Football and Basketball. I don't get the mentality at all.

I wish we would put a little more effort out there in getting some video feeds for sioux games. The radio is better than nothing but common now, its 2007! I guarantee that if they threw an extra penny on students already high excess fees, they could pay for this easily!

And for those of us in the belly of the beast(s) - we have to put up with all the wall to wall goofer puck coverage. And now that they have fired ALL of the other major sports coaches, they are lovin' the goofer skaters even more.

Not sure if anyone else has the Fox College Sports package of channels, but they really suck too. I don't know how many weekends I have gone looking, hoping, for a Sioux hockey game only to see in the guide a women's pumpkin ball game or a HIGH SCHOOL soccer game. WTF??? It's good for coverage of 2 series, the goofs (already get it with regular Fox channel) and Wisco. There is some value in seeing some of the East Coast schools play, and tonight it will be nice to watch the Wisco Menver (one of my single buddies moved out there & said it's a complete sausage fest, 5 guys for every chick, hence the new name) later on tonight. But man, they waste a LOT of good hockey when they don't cover games like our's tonight.

Just a rant while we wait.

And for those of us in the belly of the beast(s) - we have to put up with all the wall to wall goofer puck coverage. And now that they have fired ALL of the other major sports coaches, they are lovin' the goofer skaters even more.

Not sure if anyone else has the Fox College Sports package of channels, but they really suck too. I don't know how many weekends I have gone looking, hoping, for a Sioux hockey game only to see in the guide a women's pumpkin ball game or a HIGH SCHOOL soccer game. WTF??? It's good for coverage of 2 series, the goofs (already get it with regular Fox channel) and Wisco. There is some value in seeing some of the East Coast schools play, and tonight it will be nice to watch the Wisco Menver (one of my single buddies moved out there & said it's a complete sausage fest, 5 guys for every chick, hence the new name) later on tonight. But man, they waste a LOT of good hockey when they don't cover games like our's tonight.

Just a rant while we wait.

Ah keep ranting, I of all people love a good rant, especially when your preaching to the choir, how about when the game is already on FSN, then you go over to the FSC and there they have the Gopher game that is on over on FSN. Talk about a waste. At least give us the feed for the Badgers or Denver but no, they have two channels tied up. I am hoping the Gophers have their same implosion again this season. Wait till Briggs remembers he is the same goalie that sucked in the playoffs three years in a row.

Ah keep ranting, I of all people love a good rant, especially when your preaching to the choir, how about when the game is already on FSN, then you go over to the FSC and there they have the Gopher game that is on over on FSN. Talk about a waste. At least give us the feed for the Badgers or Denver but no, they have two channels tied up. I am hoping the Gophers have their same implosion again this season. Wait till Briggs remembers he is the same goalie that sucked in the playoffs three years in a row.

You guys can watch Bowling Green - Western Mich. tonight. The Denver - Wisconsin game is on CSTV as well. I hate it when CSTV shows games involving MN since they are already on all those Fox stations. Same thing I guess tonight with both Denver and Wisconsin who have FSN deals.

AMEN!! I knew you of all people would be with me on the TV rant. The other thing that chaps me is when you check the grid, the listing says "game to be announced". A guy gets a little pucker thinking maaaaaybe it will The Fighting Sioux....NOPE! It's Woogie and THE Rug bad mouthing whoever the goofs are playing tonight. Just drives me nuts!! You would think from a pure marketing aspect they are going to get a lot more viewers if they have another, different hockey game on in MN & NoDak instead of soccer or women's pumpkin pushin'. But what do I know, I'm sitting in my basement watching hockey, listening to hockey and typing about hockey while drinking beer. I swear, I REALLY am married, to a woman.

AMEN!! I knew you of all people would be with me on the TV rant. The other thing that chaps me is when you check the grid, the listing says "game to be announced". A guy gets a little pucker thinking maaaaaybe it will The Fighting Sioux....NOPE! It's Woogie and THE Rug bad mouthing whoever the goofs are playing tonight. Just drives me nuts!! You would think from a pure marketing aspect they are going to get a lot more viewers if they have another, different hockey game on in MN & NoDak instead of soccer or women's pumpkin pushin'. But what do I know, I'm sitting in my basement watching hockey, listening to hockey and typing about hockey while drinking beer. I swear, I REALLY am married, to a woman.

Actually you should hear the excuses the TV crew is making, oh we are short handed and we only have three lines and on and on.

The truth be told is that even minus their 5 players the Mavs are still the underdog. Its almost like the FSN boys are setting up the excuse if the Gophers lose tonight.

I just caught part of the break interviews, The Rug couldn't stop with the, "we're down FIVE GUYS" excuses. Boostrum said something about being down to 8 forwards. Did someone get hurt in the first? I am finishing work and had the game muted. It's almost as if they are already starting excuses for their second half slump. Wouldn't that be nice!!

Truth be told - - If the Goofs win it would be quite a win tonight against the Mavs.

Since nothing else is on TV - I am watching the game. The Goofs are short the 5 guys in Sweden, Hirsch was just let go from the team, Kaufman is out for a few weeks with bad knees - that leaves 9 forwards - one of which - Howe - who is playing with a broken thumb tonight.

And if I'm right - they are now down to 8 forwards because one of their guys got hurt in the first period - no idea who. ust heard on the TV the guy is out for the game (Tom Pole)

My guess is that if the Gophers win it will be a boost to them - if they lose they will consider it a character builder.

What the announcers say don't mean squat for any team - what matters is what each team gets out of winning and losing.

Actually you should hear the excuses the TV crew is making, oh we are short handed and we only have three lines and on and on.

It is very similar to several of the posts on this site regarding the Sioux/CC series with the loss of Toews, Lee, and Chorney to the WJC.

Although the Sioux and the Gophers are two VERY DIFFERENT teams right now.

I say enough of the whinning from Frank and Doug.

I didn't hear any whining from Frank or Doug - just mentioning facts. Perhaps it got overplayed a bit during the game but what they did to Mankato last night considering who was missing is quite an accomplishment - and that would be no different were it North Dakota to overcame so many missing pieces.

I didn't hear any whining from Frank or Doug - just mentioning facts. Perhaps it got overplayed a bit during the game but what they did to Mankato last night considering who was missing is quite an accomplishment - and that would be no different were it North Dakota to overcame so many missing pieces.

Thats my point.

Slap Shot, the FSN boys are the propaganda machine of the Golden Gophers it was amazing to see how they spun this game. That being said even without the 5 guys that were gone to the WJC you would still win at least 3/4 of your games. So I think its silly to think other wise. Most teams aren't even lucky enough to have a Jay Barbell.

Slap Shot, the FSN boys are the propaganda machine of the Golden Gophers it was amazing to see how they spun this game. That being said even without the 5 guys that were gone to the WJC you would still win at least 3/4 of your games. So I think its silly to think other wise. Most teams aren't even lucky enough to have a Jay Barbell.

This again? Most people that used to hate on Woog have come around to realize he's not the huge homer people originally accused him of being.

As for the last comment - you're really not trying to argue a team could win 75% of it's games in the WCHA with 8 forwards, 6 defensemen and 1 goalie are you? Think about that - 14 skaters - on the road and the game was never in question. To simply shrug and say, "no big deal" is ridiculous but I suppose you won't ever give the Gophers credit for something. :lol: That said last night is over and it will mean very little in March and April (although it could add something to the team chemistry). I don't care how good this team is it's still only January and I will never, ever assume the Gophers will do anything because all it takes is one bad game and you're out.

Of course Frank and Doug are delivering U propaganda. Do PA, Senser, Hammer, or Hennessy not root vociferously for the teams they cover? The days of broadcasters being neutral are long gone. That doesn't even bother me anymore. In fact, I'm more surprised when announcers are particularly critical of the home team, as they usually end up with a reprimand if it happens too much.

As to missing players, we are finding out this season that simply having talent on the roster assures us of nothing, least of all winning 3/4 of our games.

This again? Most people that used to hate on Woog have come around to realize he's not the huge homer people originally accused him of being.

As for the last comment - you're really not trying to argue a team could win 75% of it's games in the WCHA with 8 forwards, 6 defensemen and 1 goalie are you? Think about that - 14 skaters - on the road and the game was never in question. To simply shrug and say, "no big deal" is ridiculous but I suppose you won't ever give the Gophers credit for something. :lol: That said last night is over and it will mean very little in March and April (although it could add something to the team chemistry). I don't care how good this team is it's still only January and I will never, ever assume the Gophers will do anything because all it takes is one bad game and you're out.

Actually Slap Shot I was giving your team credit. :lol: I just can't believe everyone was worried that the Gophers wouldn't win last night, I just think a few were selling your team short. Seriously.

I'm sure this will get me in trouble with my fellow Sioux fans but .............. I agree with your comments Slappy.

It was quite an accomplishment by the Gophers last night - love them or hate them - simply looking at it as a hockey fan it was impressive.

But, as you've learned posting on this board over the years, don't expect common sense to dictate responses from some of the rabid Gopher haters on this board. People see and hear what they want when it comes to your team.

You get kicked around on this board a lot ( much of it deserved ) but I don't mind you posting here and reading some of your comments.

Back to CC thoughts - well - I think we will be back here in March for the first round of the playoffs. Which is probably a good as draw as we could hope for I imagine.

We will be holding you to that prediction. :lol:

It is very similar to several of the posts on this site regarding the Sioux/CC series with the loss of Toews, Lee, and Chorney to the WJC.

I don't remember a lot of people making excuses about UND not having those three players especially since C.C. was missing a big part of their team, with sweat.

I remember at the last game people sarcastically commenting on when Lee was going to be going to the WJC. Its all a mute point now, UND won 3/4 of the games and have the ball in their court on what they are going to do in the second half of the season.