SiouxSports.com Forum

Help A Sioux Season Ticket Holder

roper1313

I am in a bit of a pickle right now, and would like your help. I am a UMD alum but a Sioux ticket holder. What sweater should I wear? Bulldog or Sioux?? Give me some reasons to wear my Sioux gear. I have posted this message on the Bulldog Update thread in USCHO. I guess you can call this the game befor the game. You can see the result on Saturday in Section 113 row J. I'll be with the 11 month old boy.

If you at least dress the baby in Sioux green, I'll have less reason to fear for "the next generation."

All he has is Sioux green :0 His grampa went to law school at UND and his great uncle played with Ralph in the early days. Untill UMD builds that 100 million dollar rink Ethan will be steered up I 29.

For some of us, the team for which we cheer is unaffected by standings or win/loss records. In fact, in a situation such as UND's (a talented team with a great record but in a current slump), fan support at home can be even more important than when the team is on a winning streak.

Regarding the original poster, it's hard to imagine that your loyalty is really split between the teams. I suspect you wish one well because of your relationship with that team, but more deeply yearn for the other to succeed. For example, this UM alum is always happy to cheer for the Gophers (particularly in sports other than hockey), but if it came down to UND vs. UM, there's no question which team I would prefer to see bring home the NCAA championship trophy.

My advice would be ignore which team you think needs the support, deserves the support, or stands a better chance of going further, and cheer for the team you actually really desire to win. Go with your heart.

My advice would be ignore which team you think needs the support, deserves the support, or stands a better chance of going further, and cheer for the team you actually really desire to win. Go with your heart.

Here is your answer to the poster's question and I respect that. The poster asked for opinions, but dagies and goon think it is only OK if they agree with them. If you two close-minded people want to discuss how the team when I'm in line 2 1/2 hours before the games this weekend, or in Madison next weekend, come look for me. I put in a lot of time and effort to watch and follow the team, so I think it is only fair that I can be upset with their lack of effort.

Here is your answer to the poster's question and I respect that. The poster asked for opinions, but dagies and goon think it is only OK if they agree with them. If you two close-minded people want to discuss how the team when I'm in line 2 1/2 hours before the games this weekend, or in Madison next weekend, come look for me. I put in a lot of time and effort to watch and follow the team, so I think it is only fair that I can be upset with their lack of effort.

Federov, I intentially added the winking smiley to avoid giving the impression I was being overly critical. It was a joke, and I made it out of fun but at the same time trying to communicate I didn't agree with you.

No need to get upset. I apologize that my intentions weren't clear.

Federov, I intentially added the winking smiley to avoid giving the impression I was being overly critical. It was a joke, and I made it out of fun but at the same time trying to communicate I didn't agree with you.

No need to get upset. I apologize that my intentions weren't clear.

Dagies, I guess I took it the wrong way after Goon went with the motion and made stereotypical comments about my user name. That creates a very hostile environment in here, and it is people like Goon with their use of stereotypes that have gotten people upset about the Fighting Sioux name.