SiouxSports.com Forum

Joe Finley

bubble874

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the fact that there is a difference of opinions it makes for some good debates until goon and Thetriouxper and the other little kids comes in and starts calling people names and then it turns into a circus.

Son, son, son, son... See I believe this was what Redwing_77 was talking about, your doing it again, You just took another shot at somebody before you go running off at the mouth about how your being picked on. You really need to learn to tone down a bit. And besides, no one cares who is on lives-to-play-with-himselves-06 respect list or on do not respect list, unless your say a scout in the NHL or a college hockey coach...

Enough with Skippy I am off to the game.

If Joe keeps playing like he is , who will want him???

What did he do wrong tonight? He hit A TON of people, cleared the puck, hit some more people, tried to be offensive somewhat, and overall was pretty good tonight.

As for the goals:

1st goal-Good Shot off of a scramble in front of the net.

2nd goal- Didn't actually see it, on the replay it looked like it was tipped at least once, if not twice.

3rd goal- Oshie's Fault. Plain and simple. Got cute with trying to clear the puck off the face-off and turned it over. Phil probably wants that one back. It hit him square in the mask and he looked shaken up a little bit. He didn't cover the puck in time.

What did Joe Finley do wrong tonight?

What did he do wrong tonight? He hit A TON of people, cleared the puck, hit some more people, tried to be offensive somewhat, and overall was pretty good tonight.

As for the goals:

2nd goal- Didn't actually see it, on the replay it looked like it was tipped at least once, if not twice.

3rd goal- Oshie's Fault. Plain and simple. Got cute with trying to clear the puck off the face-off and turned it over. Phil probably wants that one back. It hit him square in the mask and he looked shaken up a little bit. He didn't cover the puck in time.

I agree, he played pretty well tonight. I wish he would've got to fight, maybe it would have sparked the team. The only downfall tonight was that 9 out of 10 of his shots (just guessing) went into the shin pads of Tech players.

As for the goals:

Not good enough.

He sucks. Plain and simple.

The Lamoureux-Finley-Lee hate triangle must be held intact! :)

PS By the way, I think I feel pretty darn good about what I said regarding Finley and posters. Notice how Finley has a good game and yet these posters only want to point out what he did wrong. They are so jaded against Finley that, short of scoring the winning goal in the playoffs to send them to the Frozen Four, or maybe short of just scoring the goal that wins it all, Finley will forever suck. That's too bad. It's not that often that we see this level of stupidity from a person who allegedly roots for the team he's on.

PS By the way, I think I feel pretty darn good about what I said regarding Finley and posters. Notice how Finley has a good game and yet these posters only want to point out what he did wrong. They are so jaded against Finley that, short of scoring the winning goal in the playoffs to send them to the Frozen Four, or maybe short of just scoring the goal that wins it all, Finley will forever suck.

You actually forgot Lee. :) Apparently the fans are lumping Lee and Finley together, they are like a package deal. Actually, I think its funny because its not only happening on SiouxSports.com, this isn't an enigma here it common place all over town. This anti Lee, Finley theme has been a common theme in the stands week after week, starting with week two against the Maine Black Bears.

I seriously think this team isn't even as good at the 2001-2002 team, the for-mentioned gave an effort, these guys last night were lolly gagging on and off the ice and they basically played for 9 mintues out of a possible 60 minutes. If they had played like they did at the end of the game they would have won.

If the Sioux actually started to play like the 2001-2002 team we might actually win a few more games. I think the team is very close to losing fan support, which is good we will get rid of the fair weather fans.

I am saying this from listening to the grumbling in my section. I told the one guy sitting next to me, if they dont come back fine there will be more room to stretch out. This year is starting to resemble 2001-2002 its scarey. We no goal tending, no effort, the coach can't get the players to play on the same page, the Gophers are running away with it. Yikes, is it ground hog year?

You actually forgot Lee. :) Apparently the fans are lumping Lee and Finley together, they are like a package deal. Actually, I think its funny because its not only happening on SiouxSports.com, this isn't an enigma here it common place all over town. This anti Lee, Finley theme has been a common theme in the stands week after week, starting with week two against the Maine Black Bears.

I seriously think this team isn't even as good at the 2001-2002 team, the for-mentioned gave an effort, these guys last night were lolly gagging on and off the ice and they basically played for 9 mintues out of a possible 60 minutes. If they had played like they did at the end of the game they would have won.

If the Sioux actually started to play like the 2001-2002 team we might actually win a few more games. I think the team is very close to losing fan support, which is good we will get rid of the fair weather fans.

I am saying this from listening to the grumbling in my section. I told the one guy sitting next to me, if they dont come back fine there will be more room to stretch out. This year is starting to resemble 2001-2002 its scarey. We no goal tending, no effort, the coach can't get the players to play on the same page, the Gophers are running away with it. Yikes, is it ground hog year?

It is looking a lot like 2001-2002. :lol:

But I will still support the Sioux. We are losing as a team and it's just painful.

Joe Finely is the worst defenseman on the team, probably the WCHA. He doesn't hit, he doesn't cover anybody. 3rd goal tonight was his fault. He sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

How original.

Maybe you should watch the game more and figure out what was going on before you arbitrarily blame a player.

But hey, when we're averaging 3 goals given up per game, do explain how throwing Finley under the bus is going to raise the average of goals per game we are scoring.

Keep trying though. :silly:

I am absolutely shocked to see and hear such rage and anger directed at certain players. I am sorry to say it, but nobody that posts here has the skills or the talent and know how, how to play hockey at the division 1 level. I understand, that maybe Finely, Lammy, and others have made mistakes - but if this team was winning it would all go by the way side. I am ashamed of many posts on this board degrading players who do nothing else but play hockey and do a pretty darn good job most of the time. I attend ever Sioux home game and can't believe that people can place the blame on losing the hockey game on one or maybe two players, are you not aware that this is a team game, not the TJ Oshie University. I am disgraced by this website's posts of how they think the game should be played, when many have never even played HS hockey. Think before you post - this just a game and these are REAL people who are here to go to school first!!!! They are not here to fullfill your fantasy NHL team. Grow up and welcome to the real world, teams win and lose. We'll be back in the saddle soon enough!

Just Remeber Go Sioux

I am absolutely shocked to see and hear such rage and anger directed at certain players. I am sorry to say it, but nobody that posts here has the skills or the talent and know how, how to play hockey at the division 1 level. I understand, that maybe Finely, Lammy, and others have made mistakes - but if this team was winning it would all go by the way side. I am ashamed of many posts on this board degrading players who do nothing else but play hockey and do a pretty darn good job most of the time. I attend ever Sioux home game and can't believe that people can place the blame on losing the hockey game on one or maybe two players, are you not aware that this is a team game, not the TJ Oshie University. I am disgraced by this website's posts of how they think the game should be played, when many have never even played HS hockey. Think before you post - this just a game and these are REAL people who are here to go to school first!!!! They are not here to fullfill your fantasy NHL team. Grow up and welcome to the real world, teams win and lose. We'll be back in the saddle soon enough!

Just Remeber Go Sioux

This post (though seriously is spot on) is entirely hogwash! You can't embrace the positive in a bleak situation!

Like "proudsioux" states, how can you act with "class" when we are losing to teams like MTU and UAA? I mean, MTU has won National Championships in the past, but that don't mean anything. Teams can have cinderella seasons, but that doesn't matter either. What matters the most is that Finley, Phil, Lee, and Hakstol (by extension) suck. And there's nothing you can do or say to make that any different. :silly:

Seriously, good point. My feelings all along. We can't average 2 goals a game and expect to win many games. I don't care who we are playing.

How original.

Maybe you should watch the game more and figure out what was going on before you arbitrarily blame a player.

But hey, when we're averaging 3 goals given up per game, do explain how throwing Finley under the bus is going to raise the average of goals per game we are scoring.

OK. Idoit i didn't blame finley for the loss i said the last goal was his fault becuz he lets his guy skate right by him to the net 4 a tap in goal. how about you get head out of your ass and read what my post says.

You don't have to have played hockey well, or even at all, to be a good fan, but I think you do need to love the game of hockey. Objective criticism is one thing, but the kind of petulance that is flowering on this site is another thing altogether. Relax. Enjoy the game you are privileged to watch. And before we get all lathered up insisting that we are entitled to expect championship performance every year based upon our illustrious past, try to remember that our illustrious past has included long periods of something quite different. If a stretch of final four appearances helps create a fan base that becomes angry and accusatory when the team loses, then maybe we are losing something other than hockey games.

RW77

We get it already, you love Finley and cannot take any criticism directed his way.

Just because people criticize a player or are negative does not mean they are "throwing them under the bus" or think they "suck" like you always say.

Under the bus he goes. :silly: Actually I don't think the defense played that bad this weekend. We gave up 6 goals on the weekend. Moral victory. Finley as far as I could see played cautious and didn't get a penatly mor did he make any glaring mistakes. Lee on the other hand...

If a stretch of final four appearances helps create a fan base that becomes angry and accusatory when the team loses, then maybe we are losing something other than hockey games.

The recent stretch of final four appearances is not what brought me into the Fighting Sioux fan base. I went to UND in the early 90s... need I say more?

I do, however, know the difference between a team that cannot succeed and a team that does not succeed. Given the tools we have, we are certainly not the former. I'm a true fan, and I am extremely unhappy with my favorite team. I don't see a problem with that. And as far as throwing players under a bus goes... maybe that would get get Finley's feet moving. I say try it.

Hey_Go_Sioux-

SOrry, I read Hey idiot and then couldn't get past the verbal insult. Maybe I'll unignore you later. Perhaps then you'll learn that verbal insults aren't the best way to disagree with someone.

Eskimos- Are you serious? I apologize if that appears to be so, but I think it's kinda interesting that you are standing up for people saying "Finley should be signed by Washington right now" and "he should be cut" or "who would want this guy" :silly: I think that is only SLIGHTLY different than the posters that said "He has made some mistakes. I really don't like him turning the puck over every once in a while. His footwork needs work. He needs to hit more people." The latter is criticism. I don't mind that because they're right. He has a long way to go. But saying anything more harsh than that isn't called for and that's where I take exception.

I do enjoy how people say "I'm not blaming Finley for the loss but they wouldn't have scored the winning goal if Finley had done his job." Uh.... yeah. THat's not blaming Finley for the loss at all. That's like saying "We would have won the game if Nolan hadn't gotten in the way of the puck." :silly:

When I started this thread, it was after the Saturday night Wisconsin series where Finley was the clear reason the Badgers were able to break the tie. This thread focuses on what impact, if any (IMO none) has on our team. People argue that oh, Joe had a couple nice breakout passes hit a few people, that's a typical game for any defenseman. Joe is a 1st round draft pick, a couple nice breakout passes and a few hits here and there are not acceptable for a 1st round draft pick who plays every night. Finley needs to be a force. I was at UND when Smaby was a freshman, it is like night and day. I agree, Smaby was not the brightest spot early in his career, but you know what, there was steady improvement. Finley today looks like the Finley from the beginning of the season last year, and it's terrible!!!

Eskimos- Are you serious? I apologize if that appears to be so, but I think it's kinda interesting that you are standing up for people saying "Finley should be signed by Washington right now" and "he should be cut" or "who would want this guy" :silly: I think that is only SLIGHTLY different than the posters that said "He has made some mistakes. I really don't like him turning the puck over every once in a while. His footwork needs work. He needs to hit more people." The latter is criticism. I don't mind that because they're right. He has a long way to go. But saying anything more harsh than that isn't called for and that's where I take exception.

I'm not standing up for anyone in particular, and I might not agree with with what some of the people say, especially the constant negativity, but the fun of this board is the differing opinions on everything and for some reason, you don't want to read anything negative or critical, especially about Finley. By stating that Finley turned the puck over which led to a great scoring chance for Tech on his 2nd shift saturday night, doest not mean I'm "throwing him under the bus" or that I think he sucks, just stating what happened.

How original.

There's the :( bus thing again....