SiouxSports.com Forum

Joe Finley

bubble874

And if the Sioux go out for another goaltender and he's not a North Dakota product, is less than 20 years old as a freshman, and doesn't ride the pine for at least 1 season (because somehow that automatically assures that he'll never lose a game his freshman year even if his team doesn't score when he's in net), he'll probably be thrown under the bus too.

I don't blame Phil for the sweep. He's just part of the problem. But then again, Im just a worthless poster who thinks that this team is losing because of team problems and is unwilling to throw players under the bus.

...and again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this mean that as long as he scores one point per game the get-Finley guys will back down.

I think we've seen in the past that the big men take at least a season and a half to become real productive. By that I mean guys like (Mike Commodore (NHL), Matt Greene (NHL), and Matt Smaby)

Now we have to start the Lee must be signed thread. :silly: I still think its interesting that no one has brought up the fact that the Sioux are 3-1 with Lee out of the line up and 4-1 with Foyt in the line up. Seems there is an issue that might have to be addressed this week.

Now we have to start the Lee must be signed thread. :silly: I still think its interesting that no one has brought up the fact that the Sioux are 3-1 with Lee out of the line up and 4-1 with Foyt in the line up. Seems there is an issue that might have to be addressed this week.

Maybe it's Toews that's the problem. :D

Maybe it's Toews that's the problem. :D

I don't know, I just think its ironic that UND goes on the road and plays better hockey. Its almost like we should bulldoze the Ralph and play in a parking lot.

I believe we are 6-4 on the road, they counted the one game against SLU as a neutral ice surface but to me it was on the road. Thats good since we have more games away from home in the second half. Our home games are against UAA, 1 against BSU, MSU-M and UMD. we should by all rights go 7-0 against those teams but who knows. Statisically that isn't a tough schedule. The Sioux has to split with DU, SCSU, Minnesota. I think Minnesota is going to be prime for the picking, they are not going to win out for the season and I see the bubble bursting in the second half. I am not saying they aren't good but they have had a light schedule to date.

Does this mean that as long as he scores one point per game the get-Finley guys will back down.

Nope.

Like Walski-lovers, Finley haters are more concerned with the past including (and especially) anything negative. They gloss over positive things Finley did (like the last half of last season) and focus more on the negative acts he commits. So, when Finley does good you will typically see either one line begrudging comments ("Well, Finley did ok today") or simply nothing at all.

Back to Finley's performance: Hey, guess what! Finley ROCKED this past weekend. I wish I could sum up what he did at the Dartmouth Tourney but I didn't get to listen to those games. :silly:

Anyways, Finley did some remarkable things. Played responsible hockey. Played more physical. He's starting to attempt to contribute offensively (even if he didn't score last night he was among the team leaders last night in SOG)... He's really doing well right now.

And yes, CC is a high flying team. Not as fast as Minnesota, but certainly not pigs on ice either. Nice to see him doing well.