SiouxSports.com Forum

Swept again!

OETKB

The Sioux lost a lot of talent from last year - so did other teams especially the Gophers. I think the frustration on several threads boils down to the fact that the Gophers seem to have reloaded and we haven't - or haven't shown much so far. Our freshman class may develop with time, but no one seems to be able to step up and make a difference now. Other teams (Gophers again) seem to have recriuted impact players. In addition, many of the Sioux players this year seem to have stagnated or gotten worse - our entire sophomore defensive corps are not playing like last year and we seem to have the worst goaltending tandem in the league at least according to their stats. Other than Duncan, no one is scoring like up to potential including Oshie and Toews. Although most of us are loyal Sioux fans, sitting each week thinking mayby this will be the week where they get it together is getting old. We are used to being at the top or near the top every year. Add in the finest facility in college hockey and mediocrity is not acceptable. In addition, several aspects of the Sioux play are particulairly frustrating - especially being out hit, being taken to task at home, extremely poor goaltending, and stupid penalties especially from people who should know better. I'm certainly not giving up on the Sioux, but would like to see some traditional Sioux hockey out of this team. They have played some of the crappiest periods of hockey that I have seen from a Sioux team since the early 70's. I hope things turn around or the next few years may be bleak.

Point on - I appreciated your post and think that you hit the nail on the head. Hopefully, we will see a different Sioux team take the ice tonight. Oshie with a hat trick perhaps?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These stats do tell a lot of the story and on most successful team goaltending is often your best penalty killer.

Your right, I am waiting for Livesto-play-withhimself to chime in with his refutation of the facts, even though they are in black and white. Grieco who has been much malinged doesn't look too bad statisically.

The Stats actually say one thing we are giving up as many as we are scoring if that number goes down below 3.19 say 2.5 we will be fine. I guess Hak is right. Offensive the number is 3.19 on goals scored would look better around 4.0.

Your right, I am waiting for Livesto-play-withhimself to chime in with his refutation of the facts, even though they are in black and white. Grieco who has been much malinged doesn't look too bad statisically.

The Stats actually say one thing we are giving up as many as we are scoring if that number goes down below 3.19 say 2.5 we will be fine. I guess Hak is right. Offensive the number is 3.19 on goals scored would look better around 4.0.

We can have a civil discussion until, goon and the other little kids come in and start calling people names.

Does this bother anyone else that him and "THETRIOUXPER" keep disrupting threads?

Does this bother anyone else that him and "THETRIOUXPER" keep disrupting threads?

Actually Son you were the one that was disrupting threads. I am not convinced your even a Sioux fan, I think your probably one of these kids that is a Gopher fan over here trying to disrupt the Sioux board, seriously you didn't write anything during the day leads me to believe your Junior High School doesn't allow you talk on message boards during school.

I am also not the only one that called you Lives-to-play-withhimself, but it is funny. Actually since we have your attention do you want to comment on my question on Grieco? It appears he isn't as bad as you claim.

I agree, and this is where guys like Kozek and Watkins (who have gotten a free pass on this thread) need to step up. Miller is outproducing them after spending basically the entire 2005-2006 season in a suit and tie on game nights. Something is wrong with that picture. That said, we still have over half of the league

Actually Bucky, many of us are convinced he is just a Troll who is deliberately walking a fine line to stir up trouble on the chat. He very rarely makes an all positive post and does a great job of tripping our troll alarm, TheTriouxPer. Personally, I thought your alternative personality may have finally got up the courage to break away and create its own screen name.

Skippy or Troll, Its almost Warrior_08 like.

Here is my answer to your question then.

What stats make him look not to bad statistically?

His 3.48 GAA or his .884 save percentage.

Show me the stats that make him look good please. He has 2 wins over a team that is 2-8-2 in conference a win and a tie over a team that is 6-3-3 in conference and 2 loses against a team that is 6-6 in conference.

Enlighten me goon. Don't come back with a verbal insult, just tell me why you think he is not so bad statistically since you brought it up.

Please share with us why you believe the next few years will be bleak when some of the top prospects are headed this way. All this team needs to find is some consistent goaltending.

Take Toews and Oshie from this team (which might happen if they decide to move up) and what do we have to build on? The lack of development of current players who have been highly rated (Lee for example) leaves me to worry no matter who's comming in. No one seems to be getting better. In addition, there are several disturbing trends this year - One is our lack of physical play on Defense. We went from a team who had the most feared defensemen in the league to a team that gets outhit in our own arena. In addition, the undisciplined play (stupid penalties), inconsistant play (taking entire periods off), horribe penalty kill, and poor goaltending make me worry that unless we get our acts together we are in for a long period of frustration. Counting on next year's freshmen to pull us up (especially at this point of this year) makes me uneasy. Our mental approach as a team may be my biggest concern - why can't they turn it on for 3 periods?

How ironic. :D

Lives-to-play-withhimself-06 has been tearing into people actually if you go back look I am pretty sure he tore into me and other first before I started firing away at him. Also you have been trolling and trolling for sometime now. I think I hit the nail on the head, I would bet your a Gopher fan that has been posing as a Sioux fan, also your respect list, whats up with that? Answer the question, really are you a Sioux fan or a troll that is trying to stir the pot.

I apoligize for those earlier insults, I was out of line.

Too little too late.

I always live with myself after being proven wrong again and again. Eventually I will get something right. However, the instant I start verbally insulting people, that's the moment that I have to come to grips that I have opened up the gates, so to speak, for people to throw verbal insults back at me. You can try to reneg all you want, and some may even believe you. However, you'll just have to move on to the fact that there apparently aren't a whole lot of people who do believe you any longer.

I hope I'll eventually be proven wrong on this, but for right now, this is the bed you created for yourself, Lives-to-play. You'll have to sleep in it no matter how unfair you think the other posters are acting towards you.

Too little too late.

I always live with myself after being proven wrong again and again. Eventually I will get something right. However, the instant I start verbally insulting people, that's the moment that I have to come to grips that I have opened up the gates, so to speak, for people to throw verbal insults back at me. You can try to reneg all you want, and some may even believe you. However, you'll just have to move on to the fact that there apparently aren't a whole lot of people who do believe you any longer.

I hope I'll eventually be proven wrong on this, but for right now, this is the bed you created for yourself, Lives-to-play. You'll have to sleep in it no matter how unfair you think the other posters are acting towards you.

What bed the fact that I insulted PCM and I am sorry that I did so because I lowered myself to Goon and THETRIOUXPER's level.

I like how you give me flack for apoligizing for the one instance that I insulted another poster but it is alright for those two to tear into me.

I would have thought someone like you, would have had my back on this one but I guess since I disagree with you on some stuff you stand up for them, I get flack for ripping PCM and apoligizing and you think it is fine when Goon and TRIOUPXER act like little kids.

What bed the fact that I insulted PCM and I am sorry that I did so because I lowered myself to Goon and THETRIOUXPER's level.

I like how you give me flack for apoligizing for the one instance that I insulted another poster but it is alright for those two to tear into me.

I would have thought someone like you, would have had my back on this one but I guess since I disagree with you on some stuff you stand up for them, I get flack for ripping PCM and apoligizing and you think it is fine when Goon and TRIOUPXER act like little kids.

For the record, you will never, and I mean ever be on my level.

I do think it was nice of you to apologize, but if you had thought out your posts better, you probably would not have insulted ANY poster in the first place. I do not care if it is PCM or whomever. If you hadn't insulted anyone and THETRIOUXPER or Goon (which I'm not sure I see where he insulted you first) had ripped into you without provocation, it would be a different story.

Sure, you do have the cohones to apologize for your insults and that's comendable, but you have been around longer than someone who can get away with apologizing for it after being called on it a while after it happened.

As for THETRIOUXPER, he already claims to be an asshole. I've never actually seen anyone before him actually make that claim about himself consciously. He insults nearly everyone who he sees as wrong. Hell, he's insulted me a few times, IIRC. I don't take it personally. I will give you a hint, though. He does seem to take it personally when posters come onto the board and start pointing fingers at certain players (past or present) and state they were the reasons that the team wasn't performing as you'd expect it or stating outlandish and ridiculous statements such as the coaching staff virtually helping Smaby pack his bags. It says a lot that a poster is willing to throw a guy under the bus after 6 games, even though he's only lost 2 of them. TRIOUXPER called you out on that and, frankly, I agree with him on that count.

As for Goon, I've never seen him throw the first stone. Ever. Sure, he's as hot blooded as any of us and he takes things seriously (sometimes too much so). But I guess I'll defend him because I know he's never taken the first step towards verbal insult. Someone always has to be the first to do so for him to jump on it. And I'm also pretty sure Goon has stated I was wrong just as vehemently in the past.

Look, you chose a path that very few people choose to go with and you've portrayed that path in such a manner that is rather aggravating and bullheaded. When people try to rationalize with you your responses can be paraphrased to one of two things: 1. Yeah, but he still sucks and is costing us the games or 2. He IS on my low respect list.

I'm not a big fan for the modification they've made to your handle, which is why I don't use it. But I can't really defend you for however long you continue to disrespect players on the team you root for. Criticise is one thing. Disrespect is another entirely (and I don't care if you relabel it "low respect" it is still the same thing).

As for Goon, I've never seen him throw the first stone. Ever. Sure, he's as hot blooded as any of us and he takes things seriously (sometimes too much so). But I guess I'll defend him because I know he's never taken the first step towards verbal insult. Someone always has to be the first to do so for him to jump on it. And I'm also pretty sure Goon has stated I was wrong just as vehemently in the past.

Actually Redwing_77 thanks for the kind words. I might have thrown a stone or two but it ussually bounces right back at me. People can disagree and respect each other. I love arguments but when you call people out a person can do it with respect. While I don't always agree with you or other I try to respect there views.

In my personal lives I love to have political discussion with people I often disagree with. Its fun.

Yeah, maybe as far as I'm concerned, I give no quarter, yet I never ask for any in return either. When I am in the wrong and get blasted for it I have never asked for sympathy from anyone. And I never will.

Da Triouxper. Never say never.

Have a great time in the arena this weekend. I will not be there. If you see my Momma, give her

a hug for me.