SiouxSports.com Forum

2006-2007 ND High School Hockey

It is finnaly here... This could be the year that a team pulls of a "perfect season" and no I am not talking about Red-River or South going undefieted because frankily I couldn't care less about that. I am talking about a team running the table in reverse and pulling off the never before done 0-23 season and I think Shanley might be just bad enough to get it done. With that said there are a couple of games on shanely's schedule that terrify me, 1st When they host Kittson Central, as bad as shanely is this is a winnable game for the deacons if they can survive that one by losing their other big test will come when they host Whapeton. Whapeton is brutal on the road and this is just the type of game that can derail a "Dream Season".

I hate to say it but i laughed out loud as I read this post. I realize Shanley is bad, but I just can't say that they will not at least split with the Blades. I think Traynor is a solid enough goaltender to steal one from the BW Blades, remember this is his 3rd year playing Varsity hockey. We also may steal one at the Wadena Christmas Tournament, or a match up with Red Lake Falls. I know the year won't be pretty, but I'm not willing to subject my alma matter to the tin-toilet award, but maybe I'm just being a homer.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minot lost to Central 4-1 Devils Lake is a very good team. Their passes are very crisp. And number 5, Kyle Everson, is very good (A hatrick against Minot). He has good hands (very good). Central is not as good as Devil's Lake and Minot could have beat them. Minot does not have much scoring power right now. Central is not as disapline as Devil's Lake is seemed. Sorry, it is kind of random but I am tired.

I hate to say it but i laughed out loud as I read this post. I realize Shanley is bad, but I just can't say that they will not at least split with the Blades. I think Traynor is a solid enough goaltender to steal one from the BW Blades, remember this is his 3rd year playing Varsity hockey. We also may steal one at the Wadena Christmas Tournament, or a match up with Red Lake Falls. I know the year won't be pretty, but I'm not willing to subject my alma matter to the tin-toilet award, but maybe I'm just being a homer.

Those Whap games could be intersting especcially in Fargo. Whap. is traditionally tougher at home.

Minot lost to Central 4-1 Devils Lake is a very good team. Their passes are very crisp. And number 5, Kyle Everson, is very good (A hatrick against Minot). He has good hands (very good). Central is not as good as Devil's Lake and Minot could have beat them. Minot does not have much scoring power right now. Central is not as disapline as Devil's Lake is seemed. Sorry, it is kind of random but I am tired.

Is the West down this year? Central is pretty clearly the 4th best team in the East right now and they handled Minot 4-1? Or is Minot not the team to beat in the West this year?

Shanley has some freshman playing that should mature into good varsity players. They will be bad this year, but they should improve dramatically throughout the season. In the next 3-4 years Shanley should be one of the better teams in the State. I think they will have some close games with North and West Fargo, along with W/B.

It is finnaly here... This could be the year that a team pulls of a "perfect season" and no I am not talking about Red-River or South going undefieted because frankily I couldn't care less about that. I am talking about a team running the table in reverse and pulling off the never before done 0-23 season and I think Shanley might be just bad enough to get it done. With that said there are a couple of games on shanely's schedule that terrify me, 1st When they host Kittson Central, as bad as shanely is this is a winnable game for the deacons if they can survive that one by losing their other big test will come when they host Whapeton. Whapeton is brutal on the road and this is just the type of game that can derail a "Dream Season".

:D wow I havent laughed that hard in a long time. very true Shanley is BAD

Shanley has some freshman playing that should mature into good varsity players. They will be bad this year, but they should improve dramatically throughout the season. In the next 3-4 years Shanley should be one of the better teams in the State. I think they will have some close games with North and West Fargo, along with W/B.

Shanley will be one of the better teams in the State in 3-4 years. Good luck with that. They could be one of the worst high school hockey teams I have ever seen put together. They will be luck if they are not fighting to get out of the cellar in 3-4 years.

Shanley will be one of the better teams in the State in 3-4 years. Good luck with that. They could be one of the worst high school hockey teams I have ever seen put together. They will be luck if they are not fighting to get out of the cellar in 3-4 years.

Although I hate to disagree with you riders06, you may be wrong on this one. Shanley is a bad team this year and no one can argue that. But they do have some quality underclassmen that will lead the program the next few years. I do not know if Shanley will be contending for a state title in the next 3-4 years, but they will be a drastically improved program. Shanleys success in the coming years will be determined by home many kids in the Fargo Angels program actually go to Shanley for high school. If all of the Angels kids end up going there, as planned, Shanley will be a quality team in the state in the coming years.

In case there is some confussion, Devil's Lake would hammer Central right now; I would predict a score of 5 or 6 to 1. Minot should have beat Central; they were leading 1-0 with about ten minutes left in the game.

As for how Minot stacks up in the West, well, I don't know. I have not saw Bismarck or any of the other teams play yet. It does look like Minot is lacking scoring power though.

Based on hearsay alone after the first rush of games have gone through I would rate the east as follows:

1) South- really good gut feeling about them

2) Red River- had the chance to watch them play, looked very quick and moved the puck well

3) Grafton- Goaltending issues

4) Devils Lake- not too sure about these guys, only beat Jtown by a goal, when Dickinson was able to handle Jamestown by 4

5) Fargo North- couple nice wins picked up this weekend

6) Central- have not impressed me with their style of play, i don't believe it will translate well with the new rules

7) West Fargo- similar to Central, will take a lot of penalties

tie8) Shanley- REBUILDING

tie8) Wahpeton- will steal one at home from my Deacons.

Prediction for tonight: South 4 GPR- 2

Based on hearsay alone after the first rush of games have gone through I would rate the east as follows:

1) South- really good gut feeling about them

2) Red River- had the chance to watch them play, looked very quick and moved the puck well

3) Grafton- Goaltending issues

4) Devils Lake- not too sure about these guys, only beat Jtown by a goal, when Dickinson was able to handle Jamestown by 4

5) Fargo North- couple nice wins picked up this weekend

6) Central- have not impressed me with their style of play, i don't believe it will translate well with the new rules

7) West Fargo- similar to Central, will take a lot of penalties

tie8) Shanley- REBUILDING

tie8) Wahpeton- will steal one at home from my Deacons.

Prediction for tonight: South 4 GPR- 2

I see no reason to have the "re" in front of building for Shanley. Have they ever actually been "built"?

Devils Lake has players on their team now who's fathers played for Al Henry back in the 70's. The problem with DL has been and always will be the coach.

Care to elaborate on that?

Just curious what your thought process is there.

Seems you have a problem with Al. What did you think about the other coach(s) that were there when Al wasnt?

in regards to bringdeanback's post saying central is clearly the fourth best team in the east...i disagree. devil's lake will be the 4th sead in the east or at least give them a good run for their money. to say central is clearly the fourth best is a stretch...

I would have to agree with you on that one. I just don't see how Central can be considered the fourth best in the East at this time. I would rate them lower than that currently with the expectation that they may move up to the top half, perhaps, as the season progresses. It is very early to make definitive statements.

Care to elaborate on that?

Just curious what your thought process is there.

Seems you have a problem with Al. What did you think about the other coach(s) that were there when Al wasnt?

I played for Al in the early 80's so I was very close to DL hockey (albeit a long time ago). Now that I'm an adult and looking back at the situation and understand anger and emotions, I didn't understand why he was always "angery man".

We had some good teams and some bad teams back then and it seemed like he could never get a handle his temper - he was always mad.

We were the only ND team to beat Fargo North the season they won state and we also beat GF Central in the one-game playoff system. It was the first time Central did not go to state.

I played for Al in the early 80's so I was very close to DL hockey (albeit a long time ago). Now that I'm an adult and looking back at the situation and understand anger and emotions, I didn't understand why he was always "angery man".

We had some good teams and some bad teams back then and it seemed like he could never get a handle his temper - he was always mad.

We were the only ND team to beat Fargo North the season they won state and we also beat GF Central in the one-game playoff system. It was the first time Central did not go to state.

Thanks for your thoughts. I was just curious, as I followed hockey all through high school ('79 grad) and past that time when my brother played ('85 grad). He played under Jeff Lindquist (sp) and his senior year was the first time they had gone to state in awhile. They beat Fargo Sough in a play in game, and boy was Jim Adelson PI**ED!! It was obvious that night on the sports. :silly: He always had it in for DL teams anyway.

Sounds like South put a licking on Grafton tonight, anyone there to give a recap?

South beat Grafton 6-2 tonight. It seemed like South was a little shaky in the first period, but after that settled down and played like everyone thought they would. Grafton played pretty well too, but they do have some goalie issues. Otherwise their forwards seemed to move the puck well and they did kill off most of the penalties and two 5-3 situations. Overall I would say South was the better team tonight, but both will be solid teams in the east this year.

I would have to agree with you on that one. I just don't see how Central can be considered the fourth best in the East at this time. I would rate them lower than that currently with the expectation that they may move up to the top half, perhaps, as the season progresses. It is very early to make definitive statements.

Central seems to have a down year talent wise but Bina is a solid coach that will not allow the team to be less than middle of the pack.