SiouxSports.com Forum

Bruneteau's Commitment Official

Chris

I see on that site that it says he is not sure if he is going to come next year or the year after. He says it depends on how much he improves this year. What are everyones thoughts on this? Do you think the staff is leaving open the option of getting another blue-chip forward for next year (Gregoire, Nash) and then having Bruneteau come in 08. That would be one heck of a start to the 08 class with him and Cichy.

I see on that site that it says he is not sure if he is going to come next year or the year after. He says it depends on how much he improves this year. What are everyones thoughts on this? Do you think the staff is leaving open the option of getting another blue-chip forward for next year (Gregoire, Nash) and then having Bruneteau come in 08. That would be one heck of a start to the 08 class with him and Cichy.

He also provides great insurance regarding the dreaded early departures.

I think Gregoire is a possibility, but would he want to play another year of juniors. Tough call

We lose 3 Seniors, and Toews and Oshie are the only guy's that could really leave. That leaves 5 forward positions. Bruneteau, Malone, Hextall, Trupp and Hamilton that could come in. Gregoire would have to be an 08 as would another defenseman if we got one.

Like Bruneteau said he might have to go back to Omaha for one more year and if that is the case maybe that opens the door for Nash or Gregoire if they don't want to be an 08 and not a 07,either way the cupboard is getting very full.

Bruneteau also provides "insurance" in case we lose a recruiting battle. Some have said that Nash is highly likely to go to Cornell. I don't want to lose Nash to Cornell, but if we do, we're not going to have a serious dump in recruiting depth ala Michigan when they lost Trevor Lewis.