SiouxSports.com Forum

A break from hockey..............

THETRIOUXPER

Just wanted to wish those heading out deer hunting this weekend good luck and safe hunting. I myself will be heading out to the beautiful North Dakota Badlands hoping to bag a muley buck. I can't think of anything else I'd rather be doing with no Sioux hockey this weekend.

Other than going to a UND football game...

GOOD LUCK to all of the deer hunters out there this opening weekend. Hope you all get one (or 2). Better chance for me not hitting one with my new vehicle! :lol:

Plenty of dead deer along the road between Grand Forks and Devils Lake. I think I heard a quote some time back about having buck scent, a powerful rifle, et al, and not being able to find a deer, but put a brand new truck on the road going 65mph and I'll be darned if they don't jump right out in front of you...

Plenty of dead deer along the road between Grand Forks and Devils Lake. I think I heard a quote some time back about having buck scent, a powerful rifle, et al, and not being able to find a deer, but put a brand new truck on the road going 65mph and I'll be darned if they don't jump right out in front of you...

Thats about what happened Sunday night on the way from Devils Lake to Thompson. Just about 10 miles from Devils Lake and a deer can be seen by the side of the road. Hit the brakes and it starts to meander onto the road, still have the brakes on, and it keeps walking towards the middle. Once we move over to the side of the road it dashes back into the median. Thought the ATV in the back of the truck was going to end up in the backseat with my kids! Hmmmmm...it was a nice buck, too. :lol:

Just wanted to wish those heading out deer hunting this weekend good luck and safe hunting. I myself will be heading out to the beautiful North Dakota Badlands hoping to bag a muley buck. I can't think of anything else I'd rather be doing with no Sioux hockey this weekend.

THETRIOUXPER,

Where you staying / hunting at?? We'll be in Belfield...hunting by Grassy.

Fighting Sioux #1

I am hunting north of you in 2E, Two does and a Buck.

I hope to make country sauage with Lang_hopper if we get some deer.

I'll be in 2E starting tomorrow night for the weekend, wearing orange and staying out of trees so you don't hit me.

I don't think I'm going to fill my tag, so it will be one more deer for Siouxmama to plow with her car.

I'll be in 2E starting tomorrow night for the weekend, wearing orange and staying out of trees so you don't hit me.

I don't think I'm going to fill my tag, so it will be one more deer for Siouxmama to plow with her car.

Don't worry Goon only shots fawns. :lol:

One fall/winter I killed so many animals with my one year old Toyota Camry that my sons wanted to buy me a rifle scope as a hood ornament!

I started calling it the deer pre-pile after I took out a doe on I-29 south of Hillsboro on Labor Day evening. Just want to get the harvest started for all those hunters headed out this weekend. :lol::lol:

I'm off the Gainesville this weekend we got those gamecocks in for a saturday game & we're going to be frying some chicken saturday also the old ball coach spurrier too. GO GATORS.

The ol' ballcoach is finding the goings a little tougher in Columbia, eh Tommiejo?