SiouxSports.com Forum

Drought continues

OETKB

Hammy, there have probably been 200 posts on POI this season that have been dispairaging (sp) in one way or another towards UND (and that's just from smitty), but I don't respond to them because it's POI and they don't need to have me argue with them about UND on their board. Sure there were a few Sioux newbies who made a mess over there, but for the most part we exercise discretion.

Rubbing in the "reversal of fortunes" after a tough loss would be maybe something that falls into the discretion category. I don't mind at all that you post here, but don't think you need to chime in to defend MN just because someone said something about them you disagree with. I bite my tongue on POI all the time. JMO.

Hammy, there have probably been 200 posts on POI this season that have been dispairaging (sp) in one way or another towards UND (and that's just from smitty), but I don't respond to them because it's POI and they don't need to have me argue with them about UND on their board. Sure there were a few Sioux newbies who made a mess over there, but for the most part we exercise discretion.

Rubbing in the "reversal of fortunes" after a tough loss would be maybe something that falls into the discretion category. I don't mind at all that you post here, but don't think you need to chime in to defend MN just because someone said something about them you disagree with. I bite my tongue on POI all the time. JMO.

That's alright. Hammy clearly missed the point of the post anyway. The indictement was against the WCHA officiating crew and their favoring U of M, not the Goofheads themselves.

It matters not. All will be made right after this evening's game.

taz

Hammy, there have probably been 200 posts on POI this season that have been dispairaging (sp) in one way or another towards UND (and that's just from smitty), but I don't respond to them because it's POI and they don't need to have me argue with them about UND on their board.

Amazing.... the Gophers are playing in Duluth last night but somehow they had an effect on a game in Mankato. What an amazing feat.

What are you talking about. Go back to POI where you can spew all you want. I don't post there when you and others run down the Sioux. In fact you're one of the prime POI posters making condescending comments regarding the Sioux, often in threads that have nothing to do with the Sioux. Knock yourself out over there, it's your board. But you're not welcome here if you can't take Goph critisism.

I believe my post pointed out that AR's could not make calls, albeit good ones, against the Gophs a couple years ago without getting suspended, while last night, a phantom call gets made against Canady. Can't read anywhere that I said it affected the game's outcome, nor that the Gophers had any effect on the game.

Funny how you feel the need to "protect" the Gophs on a Sioux board, given the hundreds of anti-Sioux posts and posters on POI.

I am not going to inflame the matter with a bunch of rips. I am just a visitor here and any deserved ripping I do will be done elsewhere. My only point was to show the obvious flaws in somebody's attitude ("Seems much easier to get a "rep" among officials if you do something to MN") as if prior matters with the Gophers are going to have any effect on a game they aren't even involved in that occurs almost a year later. Somehow, I doubt in the heat of the moment some ref is gonna go, "He is the guy from that MN game last year! Let's get him!" :0

I'll tell ya what! With the talent, raw talent, on this team, there is no reason why we can't make that drastic comeback in the third period. What the heck happened to that Sioux passion for the game?:0 I can't see why a team like this one should have posts such as "Drought Continues" on their website.

From the games I have seen, the stat's I have read, and the current WCHA standings, anyone can see that all of the other teams are getting better, coming together, pouring it on as the season winds down. However, it seems that our Sioux are starting to fade into a wicked slump that will end them up soaring to last place. Once again, with the raw talent on this team, and the mere way they can feed each other, there is no reson that they aren't dominating games at home and when they're packing.

Someone tell me that this season hasn't climaxed already.....Please!

Sockeye:

I know who you are and my comments weren't meant as a personal knock on Brian.

Ha!  That is a funny one.  :-)  We have never tried to hide our identity.  We are indeed, the PROUD parents of #22. 

please don't attack me personally in the future.

That is funny too!  We had a good laugh at that comment.  How does the saying go?  You can sure dish it out?  If you can't stand the heat?  DONT expect to come on this board talking smack about our kids and not expect a response by very proud Sioux parents.  We all read these posts.  We are parents first.  Sioux fans second. 

:0

I approached Brian between periods last night to assure him that Sioux fans are in his corner and supportive of him , but I made the mistake of mentioning the "spearing" incident at which point he became quite upset and was no longer interested in talking. It was very evident that he was troubled by the whole incident and who could blame him.

Although my I had good intentions, I felt terrible for upsetting him.

As the playoffs approach, I think it is essential to have Brian on the ice. The spark and energy he brings to the team are very important.

Also, David Hale was walking around with Canady and looked to me to be much healthier than he was when I saw him at the Tech series. Hopefully, he will be back in the lineup soon.

NoDak is currently 4th in the WCHA with 28 points. Here are the standings as of Sunday 2/23.

WCHA Overall

Team GP W-L-T Pts.

1 Colorado College 24 16-3-5 37

2 MSU-Mankato 26 14-5-7 35

3 Minnesota 24 13-6-5 31

4 North Dakota 24 12-8-4 28

5 Minnesota-Duluth 24 12-9-3 27

Denver 24 11-8-5 27

7 St. Cloud State 24 10-10-4 24

8 Michigan Tech 24 6-15-3 15

9 Wisconsin 24 5-15-4 14

10 Alaska-Anchorage 26 0-20-6 6

Here are the possible finishes for UND from 2nd to 3rd and what it would take for that to happen.

2nd - UND must win remaining 4 games, get 8 points for 36 total. MSU-M must lose both games to CC. UMN can only get 4 points in their final 4 games (Denver, SCSU).

3rd - UND can either win remaining 4 games, MSU-M loses both to CC, and UMN picks up 5+ points in final 4 games.

- Or get 4 points more in their last 4 games, than UMN gets. Possibilities for that are:

UND 7, UMN 3

UND 6, UMN 2

UND 5, UMN 1

UND 4, UMN 0.

- However, if Denver gets 1 more point that UND does in the final 4 games, then UND drops to 4th.

There are way to many different possibilites for 4th through 7th...however just to add this:

CC wraps up 1st place if they take 2 points from MSU-M, because they lose the tie-breaker if they only get 1.

MSU-M can get 1st place by taking 3 points at CC.

UMN can get 1st by winning final 4 games, CC getting no more than 1 point from Mankato, MSU-M getting no more than 3 points from CC.

CC cannot finish worse than 2nd.

MSU-M can get anywhere from 1st to 4th.

UMN can get anywhere from 1st to 7th. (Lose final 4 games, UND gets 4 points, UMD gets 5 points, Denver gets 5 points, SCSU gets 8 points.)

UND can get anywhere from 2nd to 7th.

Basically it comes down to playing well, and getting some teams to work for them.

UND wants UMN to lose, and lose badly. They also need CC to kick MSU-M's ass hardcore. Not to mention, UND needs to kick some Duluth/Wisco ass.

I think Denver and SCSU can each take 3 from UMN, which would give UND 3rd place if they do well. Bad news for UND is, even if they sweep both Duluth/Wisco, they can still finish 4th. However, if they sweep both, they can do no worse than 4th.

Ok, i am done with my stats. Let me know if i did anything wrong.

EDIT: So i posted it in the wrong thread. :0