SiouxSports.com Forum

Oct. 30 USCHO D1 Poll

Redneksioux

Uh, no it's not confusing at all. I don't know what your reading. Those quotes from Lucia proves he only cares about the post season.

On last Friday night's TV broadcast of the MN/CC game, Woog, Mazocco, a bunch of players in interviews, etc, were all wrapped up in "defending the WCHA" championship. But thanks for straightening us out with your usual line of bs :)

On last Friday night's TV broadcast of the MN/CC game, Woog, Mazocco, a bunch of players in interviews, etc, were all wrapped up in "defending the WCHA" championship. But thanks for straightening us out with your usual line of bs :)

It was their first WCHA game so that was the topic of discussion. Of course they'd like to defend their WCHA title by winning it again. The point is that it's not the main goal of this team. The main goal is to peak at the right time and make a good run at the NCAA title. If you're honestly agreeing with "Sioux" who said minny stresses regular season games too much and it burns them out then you haven't listened to what Lucia has been saying for the last seven years on a consistent basis. Finish in the top three in the league and make a run in the post-season. He never mentions the MacNaughton Cup as a goal, ever. YaneA's post with his quotes makes that abundantly clear.

It was their first WCHA game so that was the topic of discussion. Of course they'd like to defend their WCHA title by winning it again. The point is that it's not the main goal of this team. The main goal is to peak at the right time and make a good run at the NCAA title. If you're honestly agreeing with "Sioux" who said minny stresses regular season games too much and it burns them out then you haven't listened to what Lucia has been saying for the last seven years on a consistent basis. Finish in the top three in the league and make a run in the post-season. He never mentions the MacNaughton Cup as a goal, ever. YaneA's post with his quotes makes that abundantly clear.

;)

The idea that a coach can get teams to peak every year at the end is laughable. Given enough time at the helm great coaches will have their share of "great runs" and their share of "flameouts." Lucia has had both types at CC and at the U. Berenson, Parker and York have had both as well. If Eaves and Hakstol remain at their jobs long enough I'm sure fans of both schools will taste the agony of a end of year collapse (maybe not to SCSU/HC levels) but I'm sure you get the point.

so the 50+ teams that don't win the NCAA just didn't "peak" at the right time. lol, and that's at you, not with you

I hate to admit it, but I have to stick up for TC and bucky here. Of course the regular season games matter, but when it comes to programs like Minnesota and North Dakota, the ultimate prize is the NCAA title. Does that mean that they totally disregard the regular season and discount its meaning? Of course not. What are the coaches and players supposed to say? "We don't care about the regular season"? "We couldn't care less about defending the MacNaughton Cup"? "Our ONLY goal is winning the NCAA title"? Last time I checked, they still raise conference championship banners in both Mariucci and REA (along with Herbergers and Timberlodge Steakhouse banners in St Cloud).

I don't agree at all with the illusion that Minnesota focuses too much on winning the regular season. An opposing viewpoint would be that the Sioux don't take the regular season seriously enough. I think the pride with both teams exists in that every time they step on the ice, the players, coaches, and fans want to win and expect to win. However, that pride is something that has been lacking in Minnesota the past few years at the Final Five after a semi-final loss while during that same time, North Dakota has shown some guts and determination, along with pride.

• 4 weeks later...
How about those Gophers...........

how about them?? they are playing solid hockey right now. on a nice streak. to bad they dont give banners out for that. really who gives a flying fk right now :silly: oh wait, i guess you do, nice screen name as well :ohmy:

They are playing extremely well right now, but I wanna see the Gophers play a tough team on the road with a good goaltender before I give them a ton of praise. Is that too much to ask?

Championships are won in March and April its not even the first of the year. Minnesota has won nothing yet.

Championships are won in March and April its not even the first of the year. Minnesota has won nothing yet.

I know they have not won anything yet but I am a little shocked about how good they have been so far but like we all know there is a hole 2nd half and a lot can happen.....