SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Mavericks

Sioux-cia

I'm sorry, but that blog hurts just to read. Too much information for Taz Boy.

I lived in Mankato for over a year and I'm convinced that the vast majority of Mavericks do not hate UND or the fans. They don't hate anything. That would require some amount of passion, which they clearly do not possess. 3500/night for a series against the Sioux? What, buck-fifty taps at the 'Tross more exciting? Even those Kato-State folks who venture into the MWW center likely spend the third period planning out their drink orders for the evening. Does anyone really think that more than 5% of them actually look upon that goofy green guitar-playing monster on the scoreboard with adoration anywhere near the level of what a proud Sioux fan feels everytime he or she gazes upon Brien's masterpiece?

So, LetsGoMavs, you can hate the Sioux or love the Sioux. It matters not to the Sioux.

HMM.. PAGING DOCTOR PHIL, WOW! Talking about going on and on. This blog is free comedy! She DOES need a hug!

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While watching the Senators and Canadiens on TV last night I heard the Ole song in the background. It was not after a goal, though.

Montreal fans break into Ole randomly when they believe things are going well for the team. They play Vertigo by U2 after their goals.

From the lets go Mavs Lady: (update)

Lets Go Mav's Blog

Ok Goon...feel free to take the link to my blog off of your blog. I've read enough of your friend's

comments. I actually took what you said about UND fans into consideration but with the more posts I see...the more it cements my opinion.

My blog is just a little 'ol blog for my friends and family to enjoy...I don't need it to be linked to people that are going to smear it with nastiness, stupidity, and comments that don't even make sense.

That's exactly why my blog isn't all about the WCHA, Mavs, stats...it's a little hockey, a little my personal life, a little twins...etc. More of a personal thing than a sounding board for rabid hockey fans.

Thanks.

I have no idea who this person is, I have stumbled on to this site a few times and she definately isn't as fun to read as mean girl, RWD or Chris's blogsand some of the other blogs . I am going to sit on this request for a while and I probably won't do anything, because she said some mean things to Sioux fans who didn't deserve the verbal abuse. So I am not going to bad mouth anyone for poluting her site she has it coming.

Here is why? If you are stupid enough to say something as objectionable as she did, and insult a whole group of people I am going to make them pay the consequences for this act, can I help it the traffic has been up at Goon's world this fall. Heck she isn't even nice to her fellow fans. She refers to them as trailor trash.

From the lets go Mavs Lady: (update)

Lets Go Mav's Blog

I have no idea who this person is, I have stumbled on to this site a few times and she definately isn't as fun to read as mean girl, RWD or Chris's blogsand some of the other blogs . I am going to sit on this request for a while and I probably won't do anything, because she said some mean things to Sioux fans who didn't deserve the verbal abuse. So I am not going to bad mouth anyone for poluting her site she has it coming.

Here is why? If you are stupid enough to say something as objectionable as she did, and insult a whole group of people I am going to make them pay the consequences for this act, can I help it the traffic has been up at Goon's world this fall. Heck she isn't even nice to her fellow fans. She refers to them as trailor trash.

Good idea.

If someone wants to be seen as a classy individual, then maybe that person should act with class? I can't understand how she can put that stuff on her blog and say such mean things in a generalizing method and then expect us to respect her wishes when she claims that what we've responded to such stuff as being harmful to what she is doing?

She didn't blog "I don't like the Sioux." Something like that isn't hardly worth responding to. She went on a lengthy diatribe stating how "all" Sioux fans are this and that and that they shouldn't come to Mankato and all these veiled threats (of what I don't know) and overt insults that are stated with a healthy dose of cynnicism and derisiveness.

I think, Goon, you should email her back and state you will take down her link when and only when a full retraction to what has been said has been stated on the blog and submitted via email to your blog regarding what has been said. There's no such thing as a private blog, is there? And perhaps she should be more careful about saying things on a public blog that could come back to bite her in the backside.

She wants respect. We all do. Problem is, you have to earn it. She didn't earn our respect. Why should we give it to her freely?

If someone wants to be seen as a classy individual, then maybe that person should act with class? I can't understand how she can put that stuff on her blog and say such mean things in a generalizing method and then expect us to respect her wishes when she claims that what we've responded to such stuff as being harmful to what she is doing?

She didn't blog "I don't like the Sioux." Something like that isn't hardly worth responding to. She went on a lengthy diatribe stating how "all" Sioux fans are this and that and that they shouldn't come to Mankato and all these veiled threats (of what I don't know) and overt insults that are stated with a healthy dose of cynnicism and derisiveness.

I think, Goon, you should email her back and state you will take down her link when and only when a full retraction to what has been said has been stated on the blog and submitted via email to your blog regarding what has been said. There's no such thing as a private blog, is there? And perhaps she should be more careful about saying things on a public blog that could come back to bite her in the backside.

She wants respect. We all do. Problem is, you have to earn it. She didn't earn our respect. Why should we give it to her freely?

I posted a response to her post. Its up on the blog.

Goon's World

Did Parise really do that last season? I was at the game and I don't remember that happening.

I suppose in some people's world this stuff happens.

Parise stormed the Maverick bench last season and then refused to leave the ice when he got burned on the OT goal by Rankin. Get over it! You lost and that's that...no matter how much you whine or try to buy your way in the WCHA...it's not always going to work.

As much as her comments on the blog are hurtful and disrespectful to Sioux fans, we need to remember that it is HER blog. If you don't like it or don't want to read it, then don't visit. It's free speech at its finest, and blogs are opening the door for people to say pretty much whatever they want online.

It makes me a little angry when people search out dissenting opinions on blogs and then smear them with anonymous comments. It's her blog, and if you don't like what she writes make your own and write on there. She has NO REASON to take down her posts.

Please don't hate me or shun me for saying so. I just respect people who put opinions out there and aren't afraid of the consequences. They shouldn't have to constantly defend them, even if they offend others.

I love people like her. She's the exact kind of person that is so easy to irritate. It's great and provides me with much entertainment with very little effort on my part. :whistling:

Your on to something here. That's kind of my point, these people get all excited about stuff they can't control, stupid fans of all sports teams. It part of being cooped up in a building with 10,000 people.