SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux / Badgers

GBpakrzz

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hour till game time. I hope the guys are fired up for this one? I would imagine they are?

Last night the Fighting Sioux broke the 0-44 on wisconsin's penatly killing, tonight they can

hopefully sweep the BADgers in their home rink, not a small task but very possible

if they get to Elliot early and get his feet moving.

I hour till game time. I hope the guys are fired up for this one? I would imagine they are?

Last night the Fighting Sioux broke the 0-44 on wisconsin's penatly killing, tonight they can

hopefully sweep the BADgers in their home rink, not a small task but very possible

if they get to Elliot early and get his feet moving.

and shoot high-glove side again

You can bet Bucky will come out with a ton of intensity tonight. I'm sure Hak has the boys prepared to match their fire.

Exactly!

The Badgers now have an idea of the Sioux playing style and will try to make whatever adjustments that can be made in a 24 hour period. They will play a more uptempo game tonight that's for sure. We need to be prepared and start taking it to them EARLY in the game.

And you can bet Elliott will be on his game tonight. He wasn't exactly "off" it last night to begin with.

With 3 of Bucky's top offensive players out tonite there should be no excuse for losing. I would expect Elliot will be pumped to try and steal this game. And I wouldn't be surprised if Bucky tries to slow the Sioux down by being very physical. In the end it was ironic that the Badger announcers on FSN were commenting on the greater # of hits the Badgers had put on the Sioux, but it was Badger players who couldn't continue the game. Unfortunate injuries, that's for sure.

Sioux must win tonite.

With 3 of Bucky's top offensive players out tonite there should be no excuse for losing. I would expect Elliot will be pumped to try and steal this game. And I wouldn't be surprised if Bucky tries to slow the Sioux down by being very physical.

I am thinking the Neutral Zone TRAP will be in full use tonight. I don't care what people call it or don't call it, I predict you will see a very deliberate and defensive game, I don't think the BADgers can skate with us minus the players that got hurt last night.

Nearing game time! Take nothing for granted tonight boys! Wisconsin's short 3 skilled forwards, but we still need to focus on the win! These points count as much as those at the end of the season! Go Sioux!

EDIT. My bad, all 3 aren't forwards, but they are offensive threats.

ZPar just scores for the Devils!

I am thinking the Neutral Zone TRAP will be in full use tonight. I don't care what people call it or don't call it, I predict you will see a very deliberate and defensive game, I don't think the BADgers can skate with us minus the players that got hurt last night.

At risk of sounding cocky, Bucky can't skate with us WITH their other two guys. UW and UND each lost highly skilled players last season. The difference is we have the horses to replace the talent loss.

Nearing game time! Take nothing for granted tonight boys! Wisconsin's short 3 skilled forwards, but we still need to focus on the win! These points count as much as those at the end of the season! Go Sioux!

EDIT. My bad, all 3 aren't forwards, but they are offensive threats.

ZPar just scores for the Devils!

Is that three on the season for ZP?

At risk of sounding cocky, Bucky can't skate with us WITH their other two guys. UW and UND each lost highly skilled players last season. The difference is we have the horses to replace the talent loss.

I didn't want to get ahead of ourselves, lets see if Derek lets the Badgers play the NZT or if he calls the obstructions and interference? I say he is too chicken.

FROM BRAD

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

UND's line chart

Ryan Duncan-Jonathan Toews-T.J. Oshie

Chris Porter-Matt Watkins-Andrew Kozek

Erik Fabian-Rylan Kaip-Darcy Zajac

Chay Genoway-Chris VandeVelde-Brad Miller

Taylor Chorney-Brian Lee

Kyle Radke-Robbie Bina

Joe Finley-Zach Jones

Philippe Lamoureux

Wisconsin's line chart

Jake Dowell-Andrew Joudrey-Michael Davies

John Mitchell-Tom Gorowsky-Matthew Ford

Ben Street-Blake Geoffrion-Aaron Bendickson

Andy Brandt-Andy Bohmbach-Ben Grotting

Joe Piskula-Jeff Likens

Davis Drewiske-Matt Olinger

Josh Engel-Jamie McBain

Brian Elliott (Shane Connelly is listed as the starter on the line sheet, but word is that Elliott actually is going to start.)