SiouxSports.com Forum

Hotstove

dagies

all i know is that if buckysieve was a sioux fan i wouldnt claim him as one of our own :lol::)

whos i net for the gophs this weekend? "the long island express" or "the great regular season goalie briggs"

or do they both get a crack in ohio st?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all i know is that if buckysieve was a sioux fan i wouldnt claim him as one of our own ;):)

whos i net for the gophs this weekend? "the long island express" or "the great regular season goalie briggs"

or do they both get a crack in ohio st?

I would guess Briggs will be in net both nights this weekend, just to get some playing time....will be his first games played due to his "vacation"! :lol:

Well it's obvious that not one Sioux fan here actually saw the play because none have come out and said they did actually see it. On the other hand you have the majority of these same Sioux fans saying it was dirty and that Lucia would be whining if the roles were reversed. Let me repeat the important point here: Sioux fans are saying that a play was dirty that they never even saw. Therefore, there is no way they can objectively comment on it, end of story.

Well it's obvious that not one Sioux fan here actually saw the play because none have come out and said they did actually see it. On the other hand you have the majority of these same Sioux fans saying it was dirty and that Lucia would be whining if the roles were reversed. Let me repeat the important point here: Sioux fans are saying that a play was dirty that they never even saw. Therefore, there is no way they can objectively comment on it, end of story.

really bucky, do you really give a ratz azz or are you trying to reach the #400 post mark on your favorite website SS? funny arguments...........move on to your next thread, im sure you will find something negative in the next few days you will have to pop of about and drag your fellow gopher fans into when they really wont want to be................and since you say END OF STORY, then well that means its over if you say so since you are the SIEVE.......... :) funny stuff :lol:

Trying to get Hotstove back on topic a bit, is anyone else taking note of what UAA and Michigan Tech did this weekend? UAA tied UNO and then beat them in a shootout. Michigan Tech beat Northern Michigan at Northern Michigan on Friday before barely losing Saturday. The lower part of the WCHA could be interesting this year and cause some problems for folks in the upper part.

Trying to get Hotstove back on topic a bit, is anyone else taking note of what UAA and Michigan Tech did this weekend? UAA tied UNO and then beat them in a shootout. Michigan Tech beat Northern Michigan at Northern Michigan on Friday before barely losing Saturday. The lower part of the WCHA could be interesting this year and cause some problems for folks in the upper part.

I read somewhere the comments from Hakstol that people who think the WCHA will be down this year because of all of the departures are wrongly calculating the strength of the league. Maybe this is one indication of that.

I read somewhere the comments from Hakstol that people who think the WCHA will be down this year because of all of the departures are wrongly calculating the strength of the league. Maybe this is one indication of that.

I watched the Gopher Hockey Preview on FSN, and Lucia thinks the top will come down a bit and the bottom is going to start to come up. Basically, it's a good year to be a not-so-great team.

Plus Mankato beat Notre Dame on Saturday, after getting crunched at ND on Thursday.

What to make of the series DU and St Cloud played? One night Goepfert gives up 5 on 23 shots, then the next night SCSU comes back with an emphatic win.

I do think the bottom of the WCHA will be a lot better than last year, and that should help us all when it comes time for the NCAA seedings.

From the Capital Times in Madison, WI:

Skille hyperextended his right elbow, his father Lee said, on a hit by UND's Finley. Carlson, who has battled knee injuries in his career, has an unspecified lower-body injury and was on crutches Saturday. Klubertanz suffered a sprained medial collateral ligament in his right knee, his father Ken said.

Eaves said he won't know how long those players will be out until they get examined further this week, but any of the three returning for this weekend's home series against Minnesota-Duluth seems to be an extremely hopeful thought.

1. You were not ridiculed - I said that I personally take "every" type statements with a grain of salt. It was a matter of fact statement that in no way was an attack.

2. If buckysieve made an "every" comment about Sioux fans I feel the same way about such a comment, even if from a Gopher fan made about Sioux fans. "Every Sioux fan" doesn't fly with me. There are plenty of great Sioux fans here, at USCHO and elsewhere.

Despite the fact we cheer for opposing teams, we all enjoy the greatest brand of hockey on the planet imho and in that regard we're more alike than different. I was just thinking the other day about why for some people (not you Mafia, I'm talking more in general) feel a need to become so divisive when it comes to cheering for their own teams and when discussing their opponents. Yes, I've been guilty of tossing around the "Halo" label but 99% of the time it's been made in jest and not meant to put anyone down. Honestly.

There are dick Sioux fans and there are dick Gopher fans and I simply will never comprehend people that argue, "we're better than..." because it's a bunch of crap. When I first started visiting USCHO there were a few Sioux fans that irritated me and after a while I realized that it's not worth getting upset over. SIM is about as lame as it gets, but I can think of at least one Gopher fan at USCHO that probably pisses everyone off so there's no point in trying to pretend this street doesn't run both ways.

I realize such arguments always have and always will exist. I'm probably not being realistic and perhaps I'm simply getting too old I don't know. :) I guess what I'm really trying to get across is that when people ask, "why do you post at ss.com?" my answer is, "I like college hockey". Period. I don't see reason why fans can't dislike an opposing team without hating them. If I were by myself at a bar watching a hockey game and a Sioux fan was sitting next to me, would I not be able to amicably discuss the sport without it being an issue? If so, why can't I do the same on the internet?

/off soapbox

Hey that is a nice post. Seriously.

What to make of the series DU and St Cloud played? One night Goepfert gives up 5 on 23 shots, then the next night SCSU comes back with an emphatic win.

I do think the bottom of the WCHA will be a lot better than last year, and that should help us all when it comes time for the NCAA seedings.

It proves that Bobby is human. Elliot show signs of it on Friday night as well.

I think it would be tough for Bobby to repeat last season numbers if he keeps facing a ton of shots every night.