SiouxSports.com Forum

Northern Iowa Football Score

sultan

Didn't the NDS-who zealots, trying to downplay the big Sioux victory, refer to UNI as overrated? Ooops, maybe not. Someday those people will have to deal with the very real possibility that perhaps UND is just that good.

Maybe. But let's be careful. UND almost lost to Augustana.

By the way, the Steven A. Austin team that NDSU had their hands full with yesterday also got beat by Delta State. There is no doubt that the NCC and the top teams in DII play and excellent quality of football.

One of the best teams in the NCC (if not the best) South Dakota just got shut out by a transitioning 1-AA team yesterday, or do we just bring up the scores that support your claim? Did you mention Ball State should have beaten one Big Ten team and stayed within 10 points of another the two weeks before NDSU beat them? The Bison played poorly and still won @ SFA in a letdown game after a big win the week before. Getting out of there with a win in that situation was huge. On any given Saturday, yes UND could beat most 1-AA teams if they are at the top of their game, but if they were playing almost any 1-AA team the last couple of weeks the way they have played, they would have two losses. Augie and West Wash are programs good 1-AA teams would have put away by halftime.

By the way, the Steven A. Austin team that NDSU had their hands full with yesterday also got beat by Delta State. There is no doubt that the NCC and the top teams in DII play and excellent quality of football.

Sorry screwed up! To the NDSU fans here NOBODY HERE CARES HOW GOOD YOU THINK YOU ARE.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! UNI fan here. I was just checking in on how you guys are doing, and I just had something to say.

Just a disclaimer here that I am in no way discrediting your win. You guys dominated us in every facet of the game, outplayed us, played better than us, and tore us to pieces. Your offense took our D apart. You absolutely deserved the win, and even if we had come back and won that game, we wouldnt have deserved it.

That being said, the Panthers you beat and the Panthers that lost to Iowa State (and the Panthers the last couple weeks), are not the same Panthers. This team has improved drastically as the season has gone on. It seems like at half of the South Dakota State game we flipped a switch or something.

However, those that said we were overrated were right. We are not the #3 team in the nation....yet. We arent now, and we certainly wernt then. Id say the ranking we have now is about right (depending on the poll, around 10).

Good luck the rest of the season guys. You are a very solid D2 team with a chance to go all the way. Ill be rooting for you. I think a lot of teams make the jump to D1 when they arent ready, and they will regret it later (most do). But I dont think youre one of those teams. Youll make the transition smoothly.

GO CATS!

Hey! UNI fan here. I was just checking in on how you guys are doing, and I just had something to say.

Just a disclaimer here that I am in no way discrediting your win. You guys dominated us in every facet of the game, outplayed us, played better than us, and tore us to pieces. Your offense took our D apart. You absolutely deserved the win, and even if we had come back and won that game, we wouldnt have deserved it.

That being said, the Panthers you beat and the Panthers that lost to Iowa State (and the Panthers the last couple weeks), are not the same Panthers. This team has improved drastically as the season has gone on. It seems like at half of the South Dakota State game we flipped a switch or something.

However, those that said we were overrated were right. We are not the #3 team in the nation....yet. We arent now, and we certainly wernt then. Id say the ranking we have now is about right (depending on the poll, around 10).

Good luck the rest of the season guys. You are a very solid D2 team with a chance to go all the way. Ill be rooting for you. I think a lot of teams make the jump to D1 when they arent ready, and they will regret it later (most do). But I dont think youre one of those teams. Youll make the transition smoothly.

GO CATS!

Do you feel better about a home loss to UND after this? Is that what the therapist prescribed? :)

I hope you guys win it all. You play hard, you got a lot of talent, and you had class.

We'll get you next year though.

Hey Joe - I have to say I had a great time in Cedar Falls, at the UNI-dome, and had the chance to meet your AD Rick Hartzell before the game and came away very impressed. He was very gracious when I talked to him and couldn't help mentioning I was very curious how UND would measure up against their team. After the game, I bumped into him again and he said "I guess you do measure up!" (with a laugh). Very class act and a nice guy! Best of luck on the rest of the season...at least you don't have to worry about the "UNSTOPPABLE" Bison* this season ;):huh: (* - they're not playoff eligible yet :) )

Hey Joe - I have to say I had a great time in Cedar Falls, at the UNI-dome, and had the chance to meet your AD Rick Hartzell before the game and came away very impressed. He was very gracious when I talked to him and couldn't help mentioning I was very curious how UND would measure up against their team. After the game, I bumped into him again and he said "I guess you do measure up!" (with a laugh). Very class act and a nice guy! Best of luck on the rest of the season...at least you don't have to worry about the "UNSTOPPABLE" Bison* this season :ohmy::ohmy: (* - they're not playoff eligible yet ??? )

Ive talked to Hartzell before too. He is actually a great guy. Im an aspiring athletic director, a sophmore at UNI, and I emailed him asking for advice hoping to get a quick email in response. The guy actually invited me to his office, and we talked for over an hour about my future. Absolutely great guy, he is my idol. If I can be half as good as him, Im in good shape.

NDSU looks good, its too bad theyre not playoff eligable, we might have gotten to see them in the playoffs. Panthers are on a roll, we just beat the #5 I-AA team on the road. Heres to us both going all the way.