SiouxSports.com Forum

Pre-season Polls

sioux7>5

I think that the polls will have UND ranked much lower than we would all like to see. Most people think that UND lost too much talent to be competitive this coming year (for example remember the Blackhawks coaches about Toews playing for UND this year). Also with some other teams not losing as many individuals or with much higher ranked recruiting classes, I expect UND to hover right around #10 in the NCAA and probably 4-5 in the WCHA.

I know that UND lost some good players, but as most of us on this forum think, they still have enough to be competitive. Maybe a initial low rank will relieve some pressure and provide some motivation.

I think that the polls will have UND ranked much lower than we would all like to see. Most people think that UND lost too much talent to be competitive this coming year (for example remember the Blackhawks coaches about Toews playing for UND this year). Also with some other teams not losing as many individuals or with much higher ranked recruiting classes, I expect UND to hover right around #10 in the NCAA and probably 4-5 in the WCHA.

I know that UND lost some good players, but as most of us on this forum think, they still have enough to be competitive. Maybe a initial low rank will relieve some pressure and provide some motivation.

Actually UND returns three of their top five scorers from last year, which is more than MN, Wisc, DU, and CC. UND only lost one defensemen and has one of their goalies coming back (who in my opinion is already a proven goaltender). Not only that, but UND also returns their 12 freshmen (lost Alexander) which helped anchor a team to the Frozen Four last year. Despite the losses, it wasn't such a bad offseason comparing to the other teams. Even though the Gophers have a great recruit class coming in, they still lost four of their top five scorers and still don't have a solid goaltender, although the Gopher defensemen do look very solid for this year. Wisconsin returns zero of their top five scorers. With Elliott back, they will be a competitive team but one player can't lead a team to a national title.