SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Sports Network schedule

iceberg

Hot off the press (well, the website) ;)

FSSN schedule

Sat, Sep 09

Sun, Oct 01 Manitoba

Fri, Oct 06 Quinnipiac

Sat, Oct 07 Quinnipiac

Fri, Oct 20 Maine

Sat, Oct 21 Maine

Sat, Oct 28 Duluth (FOOTBALL)

Fri, Nov 03 St. Cloud

Sat, Nov 04 St. Cloud

Sat, Nov 11 Univ. South Dakota (FOOTBALL)

Tue, Nov 21 Northern State (M/W B-BALL)

Fri, Nov 24 Colorado College

Sat, Nov 25 Colorado College

Fri, Dec 01 U.S. 18's

Fri, Dec 08 Wisconsin

Sat, Dec 09 Wisconsin

Fri, Dec 15 Michigan Tech

Sat, Dec 16 Michigan Tech

Thurs, Jan 04 St. Cloud (M/W B-BALL)

Fri, Jan 12 Alaska

Sat, Jan 13 Alaska

Sat, Jan 20 Bemidji

Fri, Feb 09 Mankato

Sat, Feb 10 Mankato

Fri, Feb 16 Duluth

Sat, Feb 17 Duluth

Fri, Mar 09 Play Offs

Sat, Mar 10 Play Offs

Sun, Mar 11 Play Offs

*All programming is subject to change

http://www.theralph.com/new2/Watch_The_Sio...h_The_Sioux.php

What's weird is they have 3 dates on there but no games

Sept 9

Dec 2

Feb 15

Feb 15th is a Thursday so maybe B-Ball. Dec 2 no games but next Saturday they have a blank space...hmmmm

Hmmmm, I emailed Pat Sweeney a few weeks ago and he said that the rights fee that UNI was asking to televise the game was very high and WDAZ/FSSN declined to pick it up. Interesting indeed. The Feb 15 date is the night we play USD in basketball at the Betty. But Sweeney's email only mentioned the Northern St. and St. Cloud St. basketball games. ;) Dec 2 is the actual date that hockey team plays the under-18 game, so maybe that is a misprint.

Hmmmm, I emailed Pat Sweeney a few weeks ago and he said that the rights fee that UNI was asking to televise the game was very high and WDAZ/FSSN declined to pick it up. Interesting indeed.

What the heck is wrong with WDAZ? What I don't get it. Pat must be worried that the Sioux UNI game will cut into the game of the week, pick em: Notre Dame or FSU game versus the weak sisters of the poor.

Hmmmm, I emailed Pat Sweeney a few weeks ago and he said that the rights fee that UNI was asking to televise the game was very high and WDAZ/FSSN declined to pick it up. Interesting indeed.

I checked the UNI site and there is no TV for them. So if WDAZ was to show it, they'd have to run the crew to it.

The Feb 15 date is the night we play USD in basketball at the Betty. But Sweeney's email only mentioned the Northern St. and St. Cloud St. basketball games. :silly:
Thats what I thought too. Maybe its a "maybe" game for them to televise

Dec 2 is the actual date that hockey team plays the under-18 game, so maybe that is a misprint.

thats what I thought

What the heck is wrong with WDAZ? What I don't get it. Pat must be worried that the Sioux UNI game will cut into the game of the week, pick em: Notre Dame or FSU game versus the weak sisters of the poor.

The thing to realize is since WDAZ is a Network affiliate, they can only pre-empt so many times before the network gets pissy. They (the network) got pissy at WDIO in Duluth for showing a few Friday UMD games and pre-empting programming.

Believe me, I'd LOVE to see more games on TV

The thing to realize is since WDAZ is a Network affiliate, they can only pre-empt so many times before the network gets pissy. They (the network) got pissy at WDIO in Duluth for showing a few Friday UMD games and pre-empting programming.

the difference between wdio and wdaz is that grand forks has the fighting sioux sports network. they don't have to preempt anything.

the difference between wdio and wdaz is that grand forks has the fighting sioux sports network. they don't have to preempt anything.

yes I know the difference. But if they were going to show it on WDAZ then they would :silly:

I think DAZ doesn't want to spend the money. Look at this years schedule. NO away games

why not?

all you need is a free to air reciever, a 30" dish and a KU Band LNB and you're set :silly:

Yeah there really isn't much to it. And really it isn't too difficult to set up yourself, especially if all you're interested in is getting the FSSN, you don't need a motor (which is a little more work). Pretty inexpensive too. A couple hundred bucks or less and no subscription fees!

I hear you on that one but if the program is going Division 1AA and we are playing a legit 1AA program you would think they would want to put it on the air.

Yeah there really isn't much to it. And really it isn't too difficult to set up yourself, especially if all you're interested in is getting the FSSN, you don't need a motor (which is a little more work). Pretty inexpensive too. A couple hundred bucks or less and no subscription fees!

As bincity said, real easy to set up. Couple hundred bucks shipped. If you have SIoux fans nearby, you can be a popular person :silly:

I usually have a couple Sioux fans over (they live in apartments and can't put a dish up) so they're usually over ???

WELL worth it. Get a motor and you can see more college games than you can imagine. I saw (until it started pouring) about 15 college FB games on FTA today. :)