SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Nickname Issue Hits the Big Time

CDog

Great article. I think people throughout the country are starting to get it. I just hope now the NCAA sees taht there are loads of people that think they are being ridiculous. Maybe they will eventually back down(what was I thinking, they would never.).

Let me ask a question, my mother kinda thinks that UND might look arogant with all the media attention, could it hurt them in some way. Any thoughts...

Let me ask a question, my mother kinda thinks that UND might look arogant with all the media attention, could it hurt them in some way. Any thoughts...

As long as it's positive attention, the more, the better.

I think ND will be considered arrogant by that small cache of PCers who already think that and like-minded PCers who may not yet have heard of the story. The group would be small in any case. For the most part, normal people who work at jobs and pay bills and have common sense will validate what ND has done and is doing. Regardless of the self-righteousness of the PCers and irrespective of what they would try to guilt people into believing, the vast majority of citizens find PC language monitoring reprehensible and unacceptable. I think the NCAA will be portrayed as being ridiculous.

Great article. I think people throughout the country are starting to get it. I just hope now the NCAA sees taht there are loads of people that think they are being ridiculous. Maybe they will eventually back down(what was I thinking, they would never.).

It's not like UND is out promoting themselves and saying "look at us". They are fighting the battle and the attention is coming to them. I see no issues with that.

It's not like UND is out promoting themselves and saying "look at us". They are fighting the battle and the attention is coming to them. I see no issues with that.

OK I agree as long as it is positive it think it will be good.

Aside from the diehard whiners, like Nicky Coleman and Vernon Bellecourt, I doubt very many people who matter will see UND as "arrogant", as opposed to seeing the NC$$ being exposed as a hypocritical, dictatorial organization. This is especially true when the NC$$ should be addressing academic standards, grad rates, etc. in keeping with its mission.

Aside from the diehard whiners, like Nicky Coleman and Vernon Bellecourt, I doubt very many people who matter will see UND as "arrogant", as opposed to seeing the NC$$ being exposed as a hypocritical, dictatorial organization. This is especially true when the NC$$ should be addressing academic standards, grad rates, etc. in keeping with its mission.

That is a pretty well written response that explains, sick of the whinners that are doing nothing but grandstanding. Nick Coleman is nothing more than a two bit journalist.

• 3 weeks later...

Great atricle & I really enjoyed to say the least. They use to term PC"ERS if you ask me these so-called PC"ERS are more like NAZI"S what's next you can't use animals as mascots? Are these NAZI"S going to say that the term "GATORS" is offensive? When they start saying they'll be walking into a horrents nest big time. So in closing I say Take the NC$$ to the danm cleaners & while your at it have the NC&& both starch & diry clean both at the same time. What does everybody else think of this post?

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.