SiouxSports.com Forum

What's living in my garage?

PCM

I just got off the phone with the police department. They said that this is such a problem all over town that they've run out of traps. So I guess I'm on my own in dealing with the little critter.

When I lived in GF I swerved into another lane to hit one standing on University. Maybe you can try to run him down too. :lol:;)

The flickertail or Mrs. Richardson's butterscotch-carmel ground squirrel or faux gopher or whatever the beast in our garage is will soon be gettintg a new address. I bought a live trap from Home of Economy. All we have to do is bait the trap, catch the little bugger and move him. I've even received expert advice on where it should be relocated to be with members of its own species. I'll post photos, assuming that nothing overly bloody happens. :lol:

The flickertail or Mrs. Richardson's butterscotch-carmel ground squirrel or faux gopher or whatever the beast in our garage is will soon be gettintg a new address. I bought a live trap from Home of Economy. All we have to do is bait the trap, catch the little bugger and move him. I've even received expert advice on where it should be relocated to be with members of its own species. I'll post photos, assuming that nothing overly bloody happens. ;)

Peanut butter toast is it's favorite. :lol:

The flickertail or Mrs. Richardson's butterscotch-carmel ground squirrel or faux gopher or whatever the beast in our garage is will soon be gettintg a new address. I bought a live trap from Home of Economy. All we have to do is bait the trap, catch the little bugger and move him. I've even received expert advice on where it should be relocated to be with members of its own species. I'll post photos, assuming that nothing overly bloody happens. ;)

I'm going to request that this new address is not near my office on 28th avenue. :lol:

I'm sure everyone has been waiting to read the latest news on the ground squirrel in my garage. I think it's either gone or dead somewhere within the garage. If it's dead, I should know before long, what with the warm weather we've been having. At any rate, we haven't seen it and it hasn't touched the peanut butter in the trap we've left out the past two days. Or maybe I'm just having the same problem as Dave Barry. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
So whatever happened to that critter? It's been hot enough so if he's dead, green fumes should be emitting from your garage! :D

My guess is that he either found his way back home, got hit by a car or was gobbled up by a predator. Believe me, if there was a rotting animal carcass anywhere in our garage or yard, the beagle would have discovered it long before now.

What do all the ag plots around NDSU infer about a "go back to" name? :lol::D

"The earth is not your mother." -- Garage Logic Mayor Joe Soucheray.

Sh*t. You're finally onto us.

Chapman has been funneling millions into a top secret (until now) flickertail breeding/investation program. He's an expert on lepus, but knows a lot about rodents in general, why do you think we hired him?

Former Chancellor Potts learned about the program and was pushed out because he wanted to end it.

The flickertail in PCM's garage, 'Handsome' Pete Jovanovich, was a high level operative who was sent to gather intelligence in Grand Forks. He returned back to Fargo on Monday and reported that he had found none, confirming Chapman's beliefs.

... and reported that he had found none, confirming Chapman's beliefs.

Cute, but are we sure Chapman's "selective memory" © IowaBison confirms any of this? :D

But just the same, it's good to know now why when I think rodentia, I think NDSU. :lol:

PS - UND's super-secret research dollars all go into cloning past great UND hockey players for the current team. PCM can explain. :0

The flickertail in PCM's garage, 'Handsome' Pete Jovanovich, was a high level operative who was sent to gather intelligence in Grand Forks. He returned back to Fargo on Monday and reported that he had found none, confirming Chapman's beliefs.

Sounds plausible to me. :D

There have been fewer and fewer rabbits, squirrals and other small mammals in my yard. Now we are starting to get dead half-eaten birds laying around. The other day I notice one of these in my backyard:

hawk6small.jpg

A couple of these guys will clear the rodent problem right up (as well as the sparrows).

A couple of these guys will clear the rodent problem right up (as well as the sparrows).

Wow. I didn't know that mangled squirrels were such great hunters. :D That hawk better be careful. :lol: