SiouxSports.com Forum

The "Nickel" or the "Fiddy"

SiouxMD

Golden Buffalo to Roam Again, as a Coin

The coin will be slightly larger and thicker than a Kennedy half dollar, will contain one ounce of gold and will be designated a $50 gold piece. The actual price will depend on the market price of an ounce of gold, plus markups.

The design is a replica of the popular buffalo nickel that was minted from 1913 to 1938. The golden buffalo has a buffalo standing on a grassy mound on one side and a stern-looking Indian chief on the other side, duplicating the images created by famed artist James Earle Fraser for the 1913 nickel.

IF...UND and NDSU resume play on the gridiron...do we play for the "Nickel" or a new coin I will call the "Fiddy"?

I don't think that we should play for the nickel anymore...that era has ended and we all know who won the last contest for that. I do think that we should play for something though....just not anything called the "Fiddy." ???

P.S. The "Fiddy-cent" was a pretty funny idea! :lol:

I don't think that we should play for the nickel anymore...that era has ended and we all know who won the last contest for that. I do think that we should play for something though....just not anything called the "Fiddy." ???

P.S. The "Fiddy-cent" was a pretty funny idea! :lol:

The only problem with "Fiddy-cent" is that the coin has a face value of "fiddy" $ not

Pronouncing the word "fifty" as "fiddy" is beyond obnoxious. It bothers me almost as much as the baggy pants and hats worn with the brim turned sideways.

I feel sorry for those white boys who never realize they're going to "stay that color". ???:lol:

Pronouncing the word "fifty" as "fiddy" is beyond obnoxious. It bothers me almost as much as the baggy pants and hats worn with the brim turned sideways.

Todays youth will likely look back upon their sense of style similar to my generation and "parachute pants".

Fortunately, my family was to poor to afford such luxury items...nothing but Wranglers!

Todays youth will likely look back upon their sense of style similar to my generation and "parachute pants".

Fortunately, my family was to poor to afford such luxury items...nothing but Wranglers!

Parachute pants - EEEWWWWW!

Wranglers = YEEEE HAAAAWWWW! :lol:???