Rough day for Toews @ the combine

degroat

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hf boards blackhawks draft review and mock selection

http://hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=8852

The Blackhawks have 10 selections in the 2006 Draft, the first of which is the third overall pick. Since the only top rated defensive prospect Erik Johnson should be gone by then, expect the Blackhawks to add a forward to their core of prospects. Players such as Niklas Backstrom, Phil Kessel, Jonathan Toews or Jordan Staal are all possibilities. Chicago has two picks in round two and four picks in round four. They do not have a third round selection. Seven of the 10 draft picks for the Blackhawks will be made in the first four rounds. With so many selections early on, expect Chicago to upgrade nearly every aspect of their prospect pool in some way or another.

Hockey

interesting read, LAPOINT gets some love in the title being #75 :silly: ! WHEN YOU CLICK ON THE DRAFT PROFILES LINK AND IT SAYS DEMO, JUST HIT YOUR REFRESH BUTTOM AND IT SHOULD BE OK.

http://www.forecaster.ca/demos/hockey/extr...hl-draft-center

KNOW THESE 75 PROSPECTS

From Erik Johnson to Derrick Lapoint...

There is no doubt that Erik Johnson (pictured) is the ultimate defenseman available for selection in the 2006 NHL draft. In fact, he may be the best player overall. But what about the the others? Who are they and what can they bring to NHL teams? From Johnson, the No. 1 prospect according to many observers, to the others down the list, here are 75 top-rated players aspiring to take the next step...

Jonathan Toews, C, North Dakota (WCHA) -- 6-2, 195 L

Toews raised his game, and subsequently his draft stock, with a sterling performance at the 2006 NCAA Frozen Four... he plays like a seasoned pro, displays all-around ability, a nose for the net and plenty of grit and determination... was a member of the 2006 Canadian WJC squad that won the championship, and registered two assists in six games... is developing a wrist shot that may become a big weapon in the pro ranks... as a freshman on a loaded Fighting Sioux roster, Toews finished third on the team in goals (22) and fourth in points (39) in 2005-06...

19 Mike Forney, LW/RW, Thief River Falls (USHSW) -- 6-2, 185 R

Forney is a long-term project in this year's draft, so the club selecting him must be patient with their pupil... after a three-game stint with the Des Moines Buccaneers (USHL), he returned for his senior high-school season with Thief River Falls and led them to the Minnesota state championship in 2005-06... produced 23 goals and 60 points in just 21 games in his senior year... will attend the University of North Dakota in 2006-07... broke his ankle just prior to the 2006 World U-18 tournament in Sweden, which may hurt his draft stock...

75 Derrick Lapoint, D, Eau Claire North (USHSW) -- 6-3, 175 L

Lapoint earned the title of

Ok, I disagree with this post for two reasons (sorry Goon):

1. Kessel, though probably a good fit in Chicago, shouldn't be drafted because he'll "sell tickets."

2. Toews going to Boston (sorry Goon) would be a disaster. They have had a history, along with the Rangers, of destroying talent. Then again, maybe Boston will tire of him and trade him.

In any case, if Toews goes in the top 5 it may be rough to get him back at UND. I can see each of those five teams doing their best to sign who they draft right away.

On a different note in TSN's mock draft... Mueller to #12 overall? Wow. Everywhere else (it seems like) he's a top 10 pick!

2. Toews going to Boston (sorry Goon) would be a disaster. They have had a history, along with the Rangers, of destroying talent. Then again, maybe Boston will tire of him and trade him.

I don't think your going to get much of an argument from me, the B's are horrible with their picks.

They just sent one of them to San Jose and got basically nothing for him. That same guy just finished the season at the top of the scoring race. In fact I am not happy at all on how the Bruins run their organization.

Harry Sinden should be the next person with a one way ticket out of Boston.

I don't think your going to get much of an argument from me, the B's are horrible with their picks.

They just sent one of them to San Jose and got basically nothing for him. That same guy just finished the season at the top of the scoring race. In fact I am not happy at all on how the Bruins run their organization.

Harry Sinden should be the next person with a one way ticket out of Boston.

Harry Sinden should have been turfed 20 years ago. :silly:

There were a couple of Matt's who told me they were coming back for their senior years and then they broke my heart! :lol: I hope Jonathan and who ever gets him believe that he does need that extra year to grow in the man he needs to be before heading to the NHL. With his skill, talent and work ethic, this is one young man that is likely going to bypass the AHL and go directly to the NHL.

Toews says whatever happens Saturday, he's planning to return to North Dakota next season because he might not quite be ready for the NHL yet.
???

There were a couple of Matt's who told me they were coming back for their senior years and then they broke my heart! :lol: I hope Jonathan and who ever gets him believe that he does need that extra year to grow in the man he needs to be before heading to the NHL. With his skill, talent and work ethic, this is one young man that is likely going to bypass the AHL and go directly to the NHL.

???

and let us pray....

(I had a prayer all typed up, but it was too irreverent)

Like this?

Our father who art in hockey, hallowed by thy game. Thy draftday come, our stars be gone, be they in Chicago or St. Louis or St. Paul. Give us another year of our young skaters, and protect us from agents and contracts and gms. Lead them not into pro hockey leagues; deliver them from the dotted line. For they are our power, our future and our eighth banner, this year or the next. Amen. ???

Like this?

Our father who art in hockey, hallowed by thy game. Thy draftday come, our stars be gone, be they in Chicago or St. Louis or St. Paul. Give us another year of our young skaters, and protect us from agents and contracts and gms. Lead them not into pro hockey leagues; deliver them from the dotted line. For they are our power, our future and our eighth banner, this year or the next. Amen. ???

Sister Evencia is gonna get you!!! :lol:

But I like it! ;)

Like this?

Our father who art in hockey, hallowed by thy game. Thy draftday come, our stars be gone, be they in Chicago or St. Louis or St. Paul. Give us another year of our young skaters, and protect us from agents and contracts and gms. Lead them not into pro hockey leagues; deliver them from the dotted line. For they are our power, our future and our eighth banner, this year or the next. Amen. :lol:

Lets all take a minute to learn this and say it everynight before bedtime.

mikejm, great job, you will go the heaven for this! ???

Like this?

I want to frame this and hang it on the wall. :lol:

Like this?

I love it...

You're going to hell...

But, i love it....

;):lol:

I'd like it noted for the record that I was NOT struck down by lightning last night or so far today. If anyone is interested in my continued well-being, I'll try to post daily for awhile.

If you notice me missing in action...well, at least I had a good run! ???

I'd like it noted for the record that I was NOT struck down by lightning last night or so far today. If anyone is interested in my continued well-being, I'll try to post daily for awhile.

If you notice me missing in action...well, at least I had a good run! ???

Sister Eventia must not know how to do a People Search on her PC. Oh wait, she probably doesn't know what a computer is. ;)

...but she's persistent. Watch your back!!! :lol:

Mike, that was brilliant! And, I'm glad you posted it because it was FAR better than what I had in mind. ???

From what I'm told, I'm going to hell too because I'm Jewish anyways, so maybe I should have posted that though. I'll gladly "take the religious bullet" for my goyish friends :lol: