SiouxSports.com Forum

Rough day for Toews @ the combine

degroat

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are also two Lamoreaux sisters (twins) who I heard are awesome! I believe they will be sophmores this fall.

they ended up 2nd and 3rd in points..looks like a senior had 139 pts

there team went 61-4-4 this last season, not to bad...

unless loyalty is a KEY im not to sure if they will end up at UND

5 Lamoureux M GP-68 G-53 A-63 PTS-116 PIM-138

6 Lamoureux J GP-59 G-68 A-69 PTS-137 PIM-116

http://www.s-sm.org/ftpimages/131/download...75_id117083.xls

The Blues brought in a few prospects yesterday to interview them... one of them was future Sioux Derrick LaPoint. So, I looked him up on Mckeen's....

04/07/2006 - Named Wisconsin High School Player of the Year after posting an impressive 11 goals and 33 assists for 44 points .. recruited by several Division I schools before deciding on North Dakota .. played a colossal amount of minutes for his school and Team Wisconsin all season and only took two shifts off in the first period before playing the rest of the game .. his goaltender was on the ice for only 51 seconds more than him, as he played 51 minutes and nine seconds in a 52-minute game .. a tall, lanky defender with an enormous wingspan and room to grow, but must add bulk before taking the next step .. arguably the strongest hockey sense of anyone at this level in Wisconsin .. never gets tired because he is always in the right place .. covers a lot of ice with a long stride that has adequate power .. first step will need to be improved as well as his agility as it can be a bit awkward .. highly skilled with soft hands - has surprisingly shifty 1-on-1 moves and can make moves in high traffic under heavy pressure .. nearly went end-to-end by skating around four players before being tripped and drawing a penalty .. has a good shot from the point - very accurate and keeps it about a foot off the ice .. very fast release on his slapshot and always gets it through .. exceptional puck movement, superb vision of the ice .. makes a great first pass every time, especially good on the outlets despite forcing long-ice passes through traffic at times .. good at staying with his man one-on-one off the rush, shuts down everybody at this level by keeping great gaps and using his long wingspan .. despite tall body, doesn't have enough of a physical edge yet .. rarely shows a mean streak .. not soft, but needs to develop more physicalily .. can lose positioning when the opposition is cycling and at times gets caught watching .. didn't go hard every shift and at times used his strong hockey sense and long stride to keep up .. attribute this to his ice time though, as he was asked to skate the entire game .. with a good path of development ahead of him, some NHL team will surely take a shot on him.

01/21/2006 - "Passed up an offer to play in the USHL to finish out his high school career, and is being recruited by several colleges. Possesses the size (6-3/180), skating, and puckmoving skills to dominate at this level. Also mean and punishing in his own end. Will likely need a year of junior first." (Rank: NA)

09/04/2005 - (Select 17) Racked up 37 points (9-28-37) in 23 games for Eau Claire North High School .. tall and gangly skater .. has kind of a hunched over skating stride that may limit his mobility and jump out of the blocks, yet his overall speed is good .. more of a plugger around the other team's crease, but does display some vision although didn't have any success offensively in the tourney .. must be more careful about trying to force long breakout passes through traffic .. wore #7 .. USA Select 17 totals (6, 0-0-0-0).

There are only six of them and Philippe is the only goalie.

Geeze, I'm old. I remember feeling sorry for their parents because they had six kids under the age of five. They were hell on wheels and a terror at 'Y-Tots'. Look at 'em now!!

There are only six of them and Philippe is the only goalie.

Geeze, I'm old. I remember feeling sorry for their parents because they had six kids under the age of five. They were hell on wheels and a terror at 'Y-Tots'. Look at 'em now!!

I heard from a friend (sorry, no link, but a reliable source) that you didnt want to sit anywhere near them when they were at church, because there was no way you'd get anything out of the service. Too much commotion happening with all those kids.

I heard from a friend (sorry, no link, but a reliable source) that you didnt want to sit anywhere near them when they were at church, because there was no way you'd get anything out of the service. Too much commotion happening with all those kids.

Without a link, I won't believe it.

It could be nationally broadcast before Schlossman would confirm it. Not the quickest one is he.

Maybe it's because unlike people who anonymously post rumors on the Internet without consequence, he must wait until something is confirmed as a fact before it's published in the Herald.

Maybe it's because unlike people who anonymously post rumors on the Internet without consequence, he must wait until something is confirmed as a fact before it's published in the Herald.

I think it's because he doesn't want Berry to break his legs because he spilled the beans early.

Imagine having five little dirty's, all under age 6, sitting in a pew with you. Would you admit they were yours, even if they were? :D

i dont have a membership to mckeen's hockey site to go through all his final rankings but brad Schlossman's blog has some of the numbers.

http://gfheraldsiouxhockey.blogspot.com/

1. Erik Johnson, D, U.S. Under 18 (Minnesota recruit)

2. Nicklas Backstrom, F, Sweden

3. Jordan Staal, F, Peterborough

4. Phil Kessel, F, Univ. of Minnesota

5. Jonathan Toews, F, Univ. of North Dakota

6. Derick Brassard, F, Drummondville

7. Kyle Okposo, F, Des Moines (Minnesota recruit)

8. Peter Mueller, F, Everett

9. Bryan Little, F, Barrie

10. Jiri Tlusty, F, Kladno

Other notables are:

30. Michael Forney, F, Thief River Falls (UND recruit)

59. Derrick LaPoint, D, Eau Claire (UND recruit)

117. Aaron Marvin, F, Warroad (uncommitted)

128. Kai Kantola, F, F-M Jets (Bowling Green recruit)

158. Zach Jones, D, Univ. of North Dakota

any word on MARVIN?