UMN 28 36

SCSU 28 33

Denver 28 32

Mankato 28 31

UMD 28 26

MTech 28 17

UW 28 11

AA 28 8

Probably not very realistic. It requires CC to lose 3 of its last 8 games. Sioux would need help from (shudder) UMN,SCSU,Mankato and/or Denver. Since they have 1 game at Denver and two in St. Cloud I'm stickin with my delusions. :) It also requires UND to lose only 1 more game but theoretically they should sweep at home and at Wisc. That would leave having to sweep either Kato or Denver. (The more I say it the more logical it sounds, is that wrong?! ;) )

I think these seem too optimistic. I haven't run it myself, but I think the league is just tough and 8-2 down the stretch will be tough to accomplish.

The key, to me, is the health of David Hale. If it's just the flu and he gets better soon and plays most of the remaining games, I can be more optimistic. However, staying behind in Colorado Springs for "more tests" sounds like it could be more than just the flu. For his sake personally and for his future career, I hope it's not serious.

The key, to me, is the health of David Hale. If it's just the flu and he gets better soon and plays most of the remaining games, I can be more optimistic. However, staying behind in Colorado Springs for "more tests" sounds like it could be more than just the flu. For his sake personally and for his future career, I hope it's not serious.

Ditto that. I wasn't aware he'd stayed for more tests.

Maybe I'm unnecessarily concerned. Hopefully. FWIW, this is the excerpt from Sunday's Herald game report that sparked my concern:

"Sioux notes: For the second straight game, Sioux junior defenseman David Hale had to sit out with flu-like symptoms. Hale may stay behind here when the Sioux go back to Grand Forks and have additional tests done at the hospital in Colorado Springs, his hometown."

CC- 45

UND- 40

UM- 34

MSU- 33

UD- 31

SCSU-30

UMD- 28

MT- 17

UW- 15

AA- 7

Here is my opinion on why the league will turn out this way. CC, well, we saw why they are #1. UND 3 sweepable series. UM and MSU can go either way. I think Denver squeeks ahead of SCSU. SCSU hasn't shown much these last couple of weeks. This will give us a playoff game agains the Badgers. Not my favorite matchup, but I see the Sioux winning in 3 games. Bonus Hockey on Sunday!!! ;) Which will set up a away game in St. Paul versus the gophs, where they won last years title. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, folks......After the events over the weekend, I thought it might be interesting to bump this thread back up.

To quote Mr. Sakamoto from "Gung Ho": "COUNT REVISION!!"

CC 28 41

UND 28 36

UMN 28 36

Mankato 28 35

SCSU 28 33

Denver 28 29

UMD 28 29

MTech 28 20

UW 28 15

AA 28 6

Assumptions: Sioux split in Mankato and Madison, and take care of business at REA against the 'dogs. Gophers split with SCCC, Duluth, take 3 points from Denver at home.

Stay out of that fourth or fifth spot, and we'll be in good shape.

Predicting anything in the WCHA is dangerous but I come up with the same point totals and top four teams as RubeIdiot.

CC 41

ND 36

MN 36

ManK 35

As a Gopher fan I can live with the above because we just need to stay in the top 3. There is no way ND will lose home ice. The only difference I have with RubeIdiot is that I think ND will split with Duluth at home and sweep at Wisc. After watching Wisc. the last two nights I can't see anyway they beat you. If Alaska could somehow beat, or even tie Mankato tonight it would REALLY help both MN and ND. It was 2-2 in the 2nd last time I checked.