SiouxSports.com Forum

For the record...

PCM

I stated this once before, but it needs to be said again.

Some people on other fan sites are using my summaries of broadcast interviews of Dean Blais, other coaches and Sioux players as if they are verbatim quotes. Let me make this perfectly clear:

THE SUMMARIES ARE NOT VERBATIM TRANSCRIPTS OF THE INTERVIEWS!!!

I type notes of the shows as I'm listening to them and attempt to summarize the main points as I hear them. When I am confident that I have recorded a quote exactly as it was said, I put quote marks around the statement to indicate that it's an exact quote.

If there are no quote marks, it means I have paraphrased what I heard and that I'm merely attempting to convey the gist of what was said. I rarely attempt to record exact quotes because it's too easy to misquote someone or take the quote out of context.

I know these points will be lost on many people, but I do want to state for the record that nobody should be treating what I write in my program summaries as gospel.

I don't know, I think it's kind of funny. Let one of the Gopher fans write the NCAA a letter saying "I read on a message board on Prideonice.com that someone else read on a message board on SiouxSports.com that someone going by the handle PCM listened to a radio show in which he claimed that Blais might have mentioned a recruits' name!" They can then sit back and wait for the axe to fall :)

I don't think this has anything to do with posting what they are saying verbatim. Aren't you paraphrasing what Dean Blais is saying about Sydney Crosby? Even without direct quotes, you indicate he responded to a question about him and talked about him. At that point, it doesn't matter what the direct quote was.

Am I missing something?

I don't think this has anything to do with posting what they are saying verbatim. Aren't you paraphrasing what Dean Blais is saying about Sydney Crosby? Even without direct quotes, you indicate he responded to a question about him and talked about him. At that point, it doesn't matter what the direct quote was.

Am I missing something?

No because what is posted isnt direct quotes, it is likely a combination of what both blais and tim hennessey talk about. So a lot of what was said about crosby probably came from TH

Am I missing something?

Rather than actually reading what the rule says, you seem to be buying into one interpretation that I've seen various people state as gospel. That is, that coaches cannot name or say anything about a potential recruit. Clearly, if you read the rule, that is not the case.

Blais saying that Crosby might not go the major-junior route does not mean that he is likely to come to UND. In fact, Blais noted that other schools were recruiting him. He said nothing to indicate that UND had any better chance of landing him than any other university in the mix.

I found a tape recording of the converstion.  As luck would have it, there is a 16 minute gap in the tape.  Near as I can tell, nothing was said about the young lad.   ;)

rosemary.JPEG

The ghost of Rose Mary Woods strikes again! :)

It's rumored that the same thing happened to the tape of Ed Schultz blasting Dean Blais. :p

Your recap is the main reason I read this board. You do a fine summary, and I appreciate it.

Give forecheck some credit, too. She's probably done more of the summaries than I have. She's also faster and more efficient at getting her's online. Aside from her Best Buy obsession and her crush on Jon "Fabio" Durno, she does one heck of a job. :)

I would also like to thank PCM and forecheck for posting their summaries of the coach's show. I am living in the twin cities, so I appreciate them taking the time to do that for those of us who can't listen to the show. Hopefully someday they will put the show on the internet :)

Some comments made by Tim and Swyg this morning --

CB will probably/should take Mike Sertich by the Lakeview Inns & Suites (in GF) as that is the type of thing that makes Mike rant .....

they recounted a John Marks story -- on a trip out west the plane left at 12 and landed (2 hours later) at 12:02 -- one of the new young players (who had probably never been too far from home) was so impressed and amazed that they traveled on a rocket and they arrived at only 2 minutes (or so) after they left (12:00)

caught the tail end of this tale: JP Parise playing days ..... they had a practice without pucks - up and down, back and forth - and while in the locker room after the practice Mr. JP commented that that was no way to practice as he was no longer a spring rooster ......

--- just tossing these out as today is going really slow ----- waiting for PCM and Forecheck's recap of the coaches' show (I think CB is the final guest tonight -- Roebuck is up first)

Give forecheck some credit, too. She's probably done more of the summaries than I have. She's also faster and more efficient at getting her's online. Aside from her Best Buy obsession and her crush on Jon "Fabio" Durno, she does one heck of a job. :)

Yeah yeah yeah. My crush on Durno is completely normal and healthy. Best Buy just sucks. You may be jealous of my younger, faster fingers, but you still have the reporting experience. ;)