SiouxSports.com Forum

Who is your favorite Sioux hockey player and why?

Prpichrocks_19

Andy Kollar is my most hated because, well, he just sucked. He looked like a Bantam B goaltender some games.

Seriously.....everytime Kollar pops into my head I see THAT goal that MN scored on him on opening night at the New Ralph.....it's rather painful.

EDIT okay, THAT goal is a little too broad, since there were several that night.....the pop fly that he missed and went into the goal between his legs.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously.....everytime Kollar pops into my head I see THAT goal that MN scored on him on opening night at the New Ralph.....it's rather painful.

EDIT okay, THAT goal is a little too broad, since there were several that night.....the pop fly that he missed and went into the goal between his legs.

Yeah, I remember that...I think Leopold launched the shot before even crossing center ice and Kollar botched it.....reaaalllllyyyy embarrassing!! It was a total floater and it handcuffed Kollar.

I think it was Waibel.

It was Leopold.

Jordan Leopold spoiled the chance for UND, however. The senior blueliner for the Gophers flipped a high shot to clear the zone, and the puck dribbled past a visibly frustrated Kollar for the goal. The assist on the short-handed goal went to Paul Martin. Leopold's goal would prove to be a back-breaker for the Sioux.

For that faux pas, you're out of the clique. :D;)

Besides Miss Mutrie, my favorite has to be Zach. Most likely due to me being in school at the time he came to UND. Had I been at UND in the 80's, I'm sure it would have been one of those guys. I've followed him closely throughout his career since arriving at UND, moving on to Albany (listening to nearly every game on Internet Radio), and now watching all but two of his games on NHL Center Ice. He's a fun kid to watch, simply because of his work ethic.

As far as someone not as popular as Zach, I always liked Brian Canady, and I'm not afraid to admit that (SoDak Sioux Fan!). He didn't get the ice time that I wished he would have, but he played a tough game. Sure, it led to some penalties (some of them dumb), but I always enjoyed watching him play. My other favorites were Teeder Wynne and David Hoogsteen, and of course, Mike Commodore (whose fun at the bars too :D ). The list could go on, but I'll let it go at that.